Start by marking “Lyric's Cop (Crime Tells, #1)” as Want to Read:
Lyric's Cop (Crime Tells, #1)

Lyric's Cop (Crime Tells #1)

3.72 of 5 stars 3.72  ·  rating details  ·  567 ratings  ·  31 reviews
Book 1 in the Crime Tells series. Solving a case about pilfered pooches is pretty tame work for a vice cop, but when the victim is your grandmother, well… the police take care of their own. Trouble is, one look at Lyric Montgomery, the PI his grandmother has hired to recover her stolen dachshunds, and Kieran Burke knows he's got a problem. He's never been turned on so fast ...more
Published March 16th 2005 by Ellora's Cave

To ask other readers questions about Lyric's Cop, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lyric's Cop

Julie (jjmachshev)
I'd really give this one between 3.5 and 4 stars. If the relationship had been just that little bit 'something', it would have been a definite 4!

I loved Jory Strong's 'Supernatural Bonds' series as well as her 'Angelini' series, so I thought I'd give 'Crime Tells' a go. "Lyric's Cop" is the first book in this series about a family (3 sisters and their 3 male cousins) investigation agency called Crime Tells. Each one has their own specialty and Lyric, our heroine, specializes in hunting down stol
Melanie
Thank goodness this was a freebie on Kindle, because if I had of spent good money on this I would be seriously ticked off.

This book was completely ridiculous - I actually found the male lead, Kieran borderline abusive in his treatment and attitude towards Lyric... and dude (make that dud!) is supposed to be a cop?! I normally have no problem with a take-charge "alpha" male but IMO Kieran had little respect for Lyric as a person and treated her essentially as a semen depository! And Lyric was ju
Mitabird (reviews on BookLikes)
Lyric is a pet detective and she's working on a case of missing dachshunds. Kieran is a vice cop and his grandmother was one of the victims. Lyric and Kieran decide to work the case together, but do not see eye to eye.

This book seemed like it would be a fun read, but I didn't like it. I thought Kieran was too caveman-like outside of the bedroom. I really dislike when a hero tries to use sex to force his will on the heroine. That's just not sexy to me. His possessiveness was ridiculous considerin
♆ BookAddict ♨ ✒ La Crimson Femme❇ ♐
So glad I saw Vivian's review. It kept this book on my radar. Finally taking the plunge, I read this delicious sugarkink with an alpha-male. Not only is Kieran an alpha male, he's a vice cop who is BLACK IRISH! *swoon, drool, swoon* Hello, Officer! Handcuff me! I think I also found the sexy Lyric and her handsome cop.

The detective work in this story is a bit sketchy. I had to suspend my disbelief a few times. Specifically with a lack of conceal carry license and how easy it was to work on this c
Ria Lize
3.25/5

A quick read, but one I enjoyed. The mystery was intriguing and the dynamics of the H/h just worked. I loved how Kieran and Lyric balanced each other out. Lyric was independent and feisty, and Kieran was your typical overbearing alpha male. It worked well, and I found myself chuckling at certain parts.

Lyric's Cop also surprised me with its fun secondary characters. Lyric's sisters were a meddling bunch too who didn't mind getting their hands dirty, and Kieran's grandmother was a real match
Debbie
This is a new series called Crime Tells. Crime Tells is sort of a private investigator business that is owned by the grandfather but run by 3 sister and 3 cousins and deals with finding lost pets. I'm thinking this is a psychic sort of series. There is still instant attractions and a kind of mate bonding but with humans not Were's.
Keiran is a vice cop. His grandmother hires a pet detective to search for her dogs after they have been stolen. In walks Lyric. A kick ass chick who doesn't have a pr
Vivian Archer
An animal lover's and D/s fan's pleasure. Intense dominant male, beyond alpha and disturbing to some perhaps, but he never crosses to non-consensual. Firm and controlling without serious pain. Smexy scenes with a headstrong female and a possessive vice cop.

Bonus: references the Feathered Serpent!
PT
I would probably give this one 3.5 stars, but I will be generous and round it up to 4.
The hero is uber-alpha, but in a good way. The heroine is smart and spunky. The sex is smokin' hot. Throw in a dash of plot and you got yourself a winner.
Barbra
Although the genre says romantic suspense it is also very HOT sexually. The storyline is ok but the sex scenes are wow.

Back Cover Blurb:
Solving a case about pilfered pooches is pretty tame work for a vice cop, but when the victim is your grandmother, well.....the police take care of their own. Trouble is, one look at Lyric Montgomery, the PI his grandmother has hired to recover her stolen dachshunds, and Kieran Burke knows he's got a problem. He's never been turned on so fast - or so attracted t
Kelly
Does anybody else ever pick up a book hoping it's just dirrrrrrty as all get? And then you start reading it and you're like, "Yes! This totally works for me!" And then you get to then end and you realize there was an actual polot behind all the steam? Isn't that a nice feeling? I enjoy it.

When I first started reading this book I was just looking for a little naughty escapism. I got that. I got that in spades. Kieran has that whole Alpha male vibe going for him. It's sexy. It's hot. It drives Lyr
Cindy
He wants to make the rules, he expects her to follow them, and she has other ideas... He's a cop - she's a part-time employee at Crime Tells her grandfather's detective agency and a full time pet detective.

His Grandmother's miniature dachshunds have been dognapped [as part of bigger and more nefarious schemes:] and they have to work together to solve the case despite his urge to make the decisions and her habit of not following the rules [his or anyone's:]. You have suitably evil masterminds and
Emily
When three daschunds are kidnapped and an elderly is assaulted, Lyric Montgomery is called into find the dogs. Lyric is a pet detective, one of many in her family whose talents with animals have been put to good use.

Vice cop Kieran Burke cannot believe his grandmother called Lyric, he is a vice cop for criminy sakes and is more than capable for finding her beloved dogs. Kieran has heard the rumors about Lyric and her fascination for pushing buttons and needing a man to tame her. With one look,
Katy Beth Mckee
I was pleasantly surprised by this tale. I had read a few other freebie first book lately that made me decide I wasn't going to read more but this one has me hooked on a new series. The characters were fun and likable. Kieran was a bit rough but everyone including Lyric seem to realize that this is exactly what she needs. It seemed to start out a funny tale about catching a dog napper and turned into something much more serious. The scenes between Kieran and Lyric are very hot but they didn't ov ...more
Diane
Another in her series featuring those who work at 'Crime Tells.'

Lyric, a private investigator, and Kiernan, a vice copy, meet when a dog snatcher steals his grandmother's dachshunds. Their physical attraction brings about instantaneous combustion that deepens into something more lasting, while they work to reunite the dogs with their lonely owner. Danger only brings them closer.

A wonderful cast of characters, strong women and more than one alpha male!

A wonderful read.

KaysieLynne
For a free read, I quite pleased with this book. A hot, demanding guy. Lots of steamy sex. Some danger. It was a great combo.

In addition to all of that, I really appreciated that this author brought to light a lot of animal abuse issues.

I enjoyed this book, and I will probably add the rest of the series to my wish list.
Marion
Lyric is a pet detective who clashes with the arrogant and domineering vice cop Kieran Burke. Lyric is independent and works her cases the way she feels is right.When Kiernan is trying to control her and telling her what she can and cannot do the sparks start to fly. This book was funny and very hot.
Devin
First time I've read this author, and I must say, I was hooked from the beginning. Not only was the sex as hot as you'd expect from Ellora's Cave, but the plot line was interesting and well developed.
Imjstgr8
2.5 rating.. Only because of the sex & love for animals. I didn't really care for the uber alpha hero or the punishment glutton heroine but the storyline had good points & some sweet moments.
Michelle
I liked it, but it wasn't as erotic or edgy as I thought it would be. The plot was almost silly (pet detective?) and the sex scenes were hot, but very short. Not a keeper!
Diane
i re-read this as i got a free copy for my kindle. heroine is a strong kick-butt kind of gall and hero is the domineeringtype, which she discovers really turns her on!
Mara
A uber alpha cop, a sassy lawbreaker PI, a bunch of dogs and family members, and a slash of plot make this book a fun cocktail to sip. I'm still laughing...
Lisa
Great books in this twisting and turing series. Great mix of paranormal and contemporary.
Luckngrace
A good plot was totally overshadowed by dirty talk, way too dirty.
Kim
Cute. Characters were believable. Also liked other members of family.
Mysterious
I *hated* the hero - what an oversexed boor.
Pamela Craft Jenewein
Amazon Kindle freebie
Dee
Oct 26, 2011 Dee marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie, kindle, series, unread
Free at amazon.com
Kathrynn
Jan 20, 2009 Kathrynn marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
Ordered 12/24/08
  • Dance of the Seven Veils (Dance, #1)
  • Lynda's Lace (City Heat, #1)
  • Rees (Tales of the Shareem, #1)
  • The Bond That Ties Us (Eternal Bond, #1)
  • Claim Me
  • Christina's Tapestry (Tapestries, #1)
  • Touching Lace (Vaughn, #1)
  • Dangerous Grounds (Seattle Steam, #1)
  • Peppermint Creek Inn (Undercover, #1)
  • Curse of the Gargoyle (Cursed MacKinnons, #1)
  • Brianna (Celestial Passions, #1)
  • Until The Dawn (Nemesis, #1)
  • His Bare Obsession (Bare Love, #1)
  • Pleasure's Foehn (WindVerse, #1)
  • Sunfire (Pure Wildfire, #1)
  • Rent-A-Stud (Coopers' Companions, #1)
  • Rough Cut (Black and White Collection, #3)
  • In His Own Defense (Lawyers in Love, #1)
Jory has been writing since childhood and has never outgrown being a daydreamer. When she's not hunched over her computer, lost in the muse and conjuring up new heroes and heroines, she can usually be found reading, riding her horses, or hiking with her dogs.
More about Jory Strong...
Binding Krista (Fallon Mates, #1) Trace's Psychic (Supernatural Bonds, #1) Ghostland (Ghostland World, #1) Sophie's Dragon (Supernatural Bonds, #3) Inked Magic (Inked Magic, #1)