Start by marking “Giants (Lost Civilization, #1)” as Want to Read:
Giants (Lost Civilization, #1)

Giants (Lost Civilization #1)

3.53 of 5 stars 3.53  ·  rating details  ·  239 ratings  ·  13 reviews
The Nephilim had a plan. They would storm Eden, defeat the guardian Cherub with his flaming sword and eat from the Tree of Life. Then they would rule the Earth as immortal gods.

First, they needed armor to resist the flaming sword. Second, they needed a weapon to kill an angel. And third, they had to forge a champion capable of this feat. Their quest could unleash terrible
Published June 30th 2010

To ask other readers questions about Giants, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Giants

Mike (the Paladin)
Well...okay. This is the first book by Vaughn Heppner I haven't really cared for.

Writing an alternate history based on a few verses from the book of Genesis we look at a world before the Biblical flood where a race of giants and mythical beasts threaten humans. Many people hold to the scanty evidence from these verses to build a narrative. I'm not taking a stand on any of that here. As a matter of fact it could make an extremely interesting story. The problem here is the style of story telling M
Mike Nemeth
"Giants" launches Vaughn Heppner's Lost Civilizations series, a boisterous series of tales of early semi civilization that chronicles man's battles with the demonic spawn of fallen angels. The legend is that the bene elohim parted from their celestial brethren, took on forms of flesh and came to earth. However, there they were trapped. They reveled in excess, taking wives and spawning a new generation, the first born. Evil beyond measure possessed this band and its progeny. Humans were considere ...more
Melinda
What a book. I started it this on the recommendation of a friend, and after page one, I was completely lost in the story of Joash and his companions. Heppner has a marvellous way of bring a story to life, and he does this through the narration of Joash, who must be a young adult. In a world set in the very distant past, where teradactyls fly and mammoths roam, the fallout from the war in Heaven has reached mankind in a physical and evil way. When the Nephilim were kicked out of Heaven for defyin ...more
Mr.roy
Really awesome book, if you're into biblical mythology you'll love this book.Giants, nephelim, good vs evil. This is just the kind of book that I love to read, you should definitely give it a read. It has a great story and characters that you'll get attached to. It's a good read with a lot of action.
Tim Chaffey
I read the Kindle version of this one, which was a real bargain at $.99. There are more books in the series that I will probably read when I finish my own writing projects.
The author is quite creative and a good story teller. The book would have benefited from a strong editor - not that the story contained a bunch of typos and grammar errors (it didn't), but there are certain standards in writing fiction that would have made this tale even better.
As a theologian and someone who has devoted muc
Christine
For anyone who ever grew up hearing the stories of giants and behemoths in the Bible, this is a great read. Author Vaughn Heppner took all those Biblical stories and put them together in a way that becomes a fascinating adventure story. Even though it drags out a bit in the middle, it's a great read. Even if you are not a "believer", this book---1st in a series of 4---is worth the time. And more than that, it's not a real long book, so it's also a pretty quick read.
Angela England
I love alternate-explanation type books so I was already biased to enjoy this book from the start. The treatment of the nephilom was really nice and I love that each one has a unique strength. The hero is a poor orphaned lad and a skinny little one, a la David and Goliath. Entertaining enough that I bought the full series, the first book in particular doesn't feel like a stand alone novel, but feels like an introduction.
Felix Marwick
Utter crap. If something is very cheap on kindle and is not a classic then there's a very good reason for it. The style is basic, the plot, simplistic, and the dialogue painful.

Granted the concept is interesting but the author fails to deliver on it.
Jim Callahan

Wish I could give it 2.5 stars

Good enough that I got the second one. Interesting concept, people were hear before the great flood (and it's called out in one of the chapters)

Not good enough that I'd read it again tho.
William P.
This definitely one of the MUST READ series! I have read all of the Lost Civilization series and they are fantastic!
Jason
Imaginative story, but just struggled to get through it. Undecided as to whether I will continue with the series.
John Burch
this series hooked me from this book all the way to the end!
Becktemba Kazemde
Interesting read, especially those who are familiar with the Bible
Marlo Harris
Marlo Harris marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2015
Mark
Mark marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Carmen
Carmen added it
Jan 19, 2015
Cynthia Mueller
Cynthia Mueller marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2015
Scott
Scott marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2015
Debbs
Debbs marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2015
Troy Oldert
Troy Oldert is currently reading it
Jan 05, 2015
  • City of Rogues (The Kobalos Trilogy, #1)
  • Travellers' Rest (Morlock Ambosius, #0.5)
  • Enoch Primordial (Chronicles of the Nephilim Book 2)
  • The Celestial Selenite Scry (The Moon God Trilogy, #1)
  • Dark Tidings (Ancient magic meets the Internet #1)
  • Stealer of Flesh
  • I, Claudia: A Tale of Pontius Pilate
  • Death Wishing
  • Amber Magic (Haven, #1)
  • The Diaries Of Pontius Pilate (Fellowship of the Essentials, #1)
  • Scriber
  • The Black God's War (Splendor and Ruin, #1)
  • Jade
  • At the Queen's Command (Crown Colonies, #1)
  • Servant of a Dark God
  • Wrath of the Royals (The Darkslayer, #1)
  • Mary Magdalene
  • Shadow Over Kiriath (Legends of the Guardian-King, #3)
You can visit Vaughn at www.vaughnheppner.com

I was born in Canada and remember as a small boy crawling in my snow-fort. I closed my eyes, and when I tried to open them, they were frozen shut. I didn't panic, but wiped away the ice crystals, unglued my eyes and kept on building my tunnel. Those were great days! I moved to Central California before seventh grade and couldn't believe I lived in a lan
More about Vaughn Heppner...

Lost Civilization (7 books)
  • Leviathan (Lost Civilization, #2)
  • The Tree Of Life (Lost Civilization, #3)
  • Gog (Lost Civilization, #4)
  • Behemoth (Lost Civilization, #5)
  • The Lod Saga (Lost Civilizations, #6)
  • Lod the Galley Slave (Lost Civilizations, #7)
The Lost Starship Star Soldier (Doom Star, #1) Assault Troopers (Extinction Wars, #1) Invasion: Alaska (Invasion America, #1) Bio-Weapon (Doom Star, #2)