Start by marking “The Christmas Rescue” as Want to Read:
The Christmas Rescue

The Christmas Rescue

"Don't look!"When Kayla Wilson finds a body in Lake Michigan, she shields her daughter's eyes and calls the police. But not before spotting a stranger lurking in the woods--watching "her." And when her bed-and-breakfast is broken into, she knows the man is after her. Coast Guard officer Rafe DeSilva is sure the attacks are related to his current case-- a crime ring ...more
Paperback, Love Inspired Suspense #221, 215 pages
Published November 2nd 2010 by Steeple Hill (first published November 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Christmas Rescue, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Christmas Rescue

Loraine
SUMMARY: When Kayla Wilson finds a body in Lake Michigan, she shields her daughter's eyes and calls the police. But not before spotting a stranger lurking in the woods—watching her. And when her bed-and-breakfast is broken into, she knows the man is after her. Coast Guard officer Rafe DeSilva is sure the attacks are related to his current case— a crime ring operating in the Great Lakes. He will do whatever is necessary to keep Kayla and her daughter, Brianna, safe…while holding them at arm's ...more
Alexa Verde
Feb 28, 2014 Alexa Verde rated it it was amazing
THE CHRISTMAS RESCUE by Laura Scott is a beautiful Christmas story, filled with faith, hope, and love that are a big part of this wonderful holiday. It is also a book about finding love again while facing danger and hardships.

Kayla Wilson's discovery of a dead body in the lake triggers a domino effect of events. Why is she targeted? What does the intruder look for? The same question is being asked by Rafe DeSilva, a Coast Guard officer who investigates a crime ring operating in the Great Lakes.
Michelle
Jan 10, 2015 Michelle rated it it was amazing
After reading "Secret Agent Father," I discovered that this was a related book about two characters mentioned in that book. I loved this book! I thought Rafe was a great example of a hero. I could see chemistry between him and Kayla in the first book and hoped the author would build on that and she did! I liked that Rafe was allowed to be a hero without a lot of flack from Kayla. She humbly accepted his help. Her little girl was adorable. I loved her in the first book as well.

This is the second
Toni Nelson
What a beautiful story... And that is where it ends. This is the first negative review I have ever written. It is quite difficult to read a great story when every page has grammatical errors. No joke! Present and past tenses were used incorrectly, words were spelled incorrectly and even omitted. How sad is that? I would highly recommend this book to any English Professors who would like to instruct their class on the art of "correcting grammar." I would also recommend that the author, Laura ...more
AlegnaB
This was fairly good, but it just couldn't compare to suspense I've read by Dee Henderson, Irene Hannon, and Lynette Eason. I never got very interested in this. This is inspirational fiction, but I wouldn't consider it Christian fiction. Although quite a bit is said about God and belief in Him and some scripture verses are included, nothing is ever said about Jesus or salvation. (view spoiler) ...more
Phylis Carpenter
Jan 01, 2016 Phylis Carpenter rated it it was amazing
This is a great romance book with a little bit of suspense thrown in. It was one of those books when you pick it up you just can't put it down.

Kayla and her daughter are walking on the beach and they spot a body floating to the surface. It brings back memories of her losing her husband two years ago. He drowned in a boating accident two years before. As it turns out, it was her husbands partner.

She calls her brother and tells him what happened and he sends his friend Rafe to come and look after
Kim
Jan 11, 2011 Kim rated it it was amazing
Of course, having Lake Michigan as the scene of the crime helped me want to read this novel. It was good, so long as I skimmed some of the repetative do I love him or do I not. Plus, I learned a more about the Coast Guard.
Susan
May 28, 2011 Susan rated it it was ok
Shelves: adult-fiction
This love-inspired, suspense, inspirational romance just didn't inspire me. I thought it was boring and predictable. It was clean, though, and the cover is pretty.
Judine
Jul 16, 2012 Judine rated it really liked it
I appreciate that Kayla and Rafe already knew each other, which made the speed of the romance believable. That said, the plotline, while believable, was formulaic.
Stephanie
Oct 24, 2010 Stephanie rated it really liked it
wonderful reading. you can't put it down. easy reading. can read in one evening. well worth buying and reaing.
Mary
Mary rated it it was amazing
Nov 14, 2015
Fangs
Fangs rated it liked it
Dec 22, 2012
Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Nov 27, 2013
Susan Turnbull
Susan Turnbull rated it really liked it
Dec 07, 2013
Christine Mae
Mar 31, 2015 Christine Mae rated it it was amazing
Indeed, Laura Scott is a great story teller.
God bless.
Deborah
Deborah rated it it was amazing
Jul 12, 2014
Stephanie
A great Inspirational Suspense short story
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it really liked it
Nov 23, 2012
Lydia
Lydia rated it it was ok
Apr 07, 2013
Jessica Mackay
Jessica Mackay rated it liked it
Sep 19, 2016
Caitlyn
Caitlyn rated it it was amazing
May 26, 2016
June
June rated it really liked it
Jul 19, 2012
Nedra Lambert
Nedra Lambert rated it liked it
May 07, 2015
Elaine Leonard
Elaine Leonard rated it it was amazing
Nov 14, 2015
Angie Scott-cleary
Angie Scott-cleary rated it it was amazing
Nov 20, 2013
Camy
Camy rated it really liked it
Jan 01, 2015
Emily Grace
Emily Grace rated it it was amazing
Dec 24, 2012
Anita
Anita rated it it was ok
Nov 11, 2011
Evette Bean
Evette Bean rated it it was amazing
Jul 06, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
  • High-Stakes Inheritance (The Morgan Brothers #1)
  • Formula for Danger (Sonoma, #2)
  • Running Scared (Heroes for Hire, #2)
  • Threat of Exposure (Texas Ranger Justice, #5)
  • A Deadly Game
  • Face of Danger
  • Witness on the Run
  • Mission: Out of Control (Missions of Mercy, #2)
  • Protecting Her Own (Guardians, Inc., #2)
  • Risky Reunion (Protecting the Witnesses, #6)
  • Point Blank Protector (Emerald Coast 911 #5)
  • Code of Justice
  • Twin Targets  (Protecting the Witnesses, #1)
  • The Doctor's Defender (Protection Specialists, #3)
  • Murder at Granite Falls (Big Sky Series, #4)
  • The Officer's Secret  (Military Investigations, #1)