Start by marking “High-Stakes Inheritance” as Want to Read:
High-Stakes Inheritance

High-Stakes Inheritance (The Morgan Brothers #1)

"Leave Logan Lake now or you will pay!"
Despite the threatening warning, Mia Blackburn won't let anyone scare her from the rustic resort she inherits from her beloved uncle. But when a fire traps her in a burning barn, she fears that she won't get out alive. Just in time her ex-boyfriend volunteer firefighter Ryan Morgan rescues her from the deadly blaze. He had once broke
Published September 1st 2010 by Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about High-Stakes Inheritance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about High-Stakes Inheritance

Victor Gentile
Dec 11, 2010 Victor Gentile rated it it was amazing
Susan Sleeman in her new book, "High-Stakes Inheritance" published by Steeple Hill brings us to the sleepy town of Logan Lake, Oregon to discover that it is anything but sleepy.

When I was a kid I loved Saturday morning, no school, cartoons aplenty and, my favorite, the Saturday morning serial. There were two TV stations that would take the serials from the 40's and 50's and air them on Saturday mornings and that is where I learned about action and suspense. Blow up something, give a little plot,
Me
Dec 12, 2014 Me rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pretty good story. Only problem was that throughout the book it seemed like scenes were cutoff and not finished. Most disturbing being when the criminal was captured and (the way written) seemed as if everyone just turned their back the murderer without any thought to the criminal. Gee...if I was the criminal I would have just gotten up and walked away. Hey maybe he did.
Cathy Daniel
Jul 13, 2014 Cathy Daniel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh man, this was so good and suspenseful!! And great characters!! Little book but not fluff! I can't wait to read the next two books in this series!!
Nora St Laurent
Nov 02, 2010 Nora St Laurent rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
: I enjoyed the review copy of this suspenseful murder mystery! I was hooked from the first line of the book, “Pinetree will never be yours, leave Loganlake now or you will pay.”

Mighty strong threat, was this real? Mia Blackburn wondered as she read it. She’d just come back in town today. She was back to fulfill the request of her late uncle’s wishes! Why the threats?

Mia decided to keep this threat a secret no need to worry anyone else. It was probably nothing! She thought so until the fire! Mia
Sep 10, 2010 Laura rated it really liked it
Title: HIGH-STAKES INHERITANCE
Author: Susan Sleeman
Publisher: Love Inspired Suspense
September 2010
ISBN: 978-0-373-44411-3
Genre: Inspirational/romantic suspense

“Leave Logan Lake now or you will pay!”

Mia Blackburn has inherited her uncle’s rustic resort property, but the stipulations of the will are that she has to live there for one year before she is allowed to sell. But Mia fled the town years earlier, both to mend from a broken heart, and to get away from her father, who blames Mia for the dea
Aug 31, 2010 Laura rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mia Blackburn moved from Atlanta, Georgia, to Logan Lake, Oregon, so she could fulfill the conditions in her Uncle Willy’s will and thus inherit the rustic resort he left her. Rebellious and tenacious as a teenager, coming back to Oregon was extremely difficult due to her estranged, caustic relationships with her dad and brother.

Mia finds that Ryan Morgan, her cheating ex-boyfriend, also lives in Logan Lake as a camp counselor and volunteer firefighter. She’s stored deep bitterness and mistrust
Wendy Sparkes
Pinetree will never be yours. Leave Logan Lake now or you will pay.

Mia Blackburn has no intention of following the threat. Her Uncle Wally has left Pinetree to her in his will, his stipulation being that she lives there for a year. As Uncle Wally is the only man in her life who hasn’t let her down, Mia is determined to carry out his wishes, even though being back as Logan Lake is the last place she wants to be.

Ryan Morgan is scared for Mia. Rescuing her from a blazing fire just in time, Ryan is
Cindy
Sep 02, 2010 Cindy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mia Blackburn has been warned! But it does not stop her from returning to her uncles resort, that she has just inherited. A resort that is used as a camp for summer programs, and one camp that is ran by her old flame, Ryan Morgan.

Arriving at the resort she finds she is thrown into a dangerous situation when she finds the barn on fire. Hearing a young child calling for help, she risks her life to go into the fire to save her. Sucessfully saving the child and being rescued herself by Ryan, Mia is
Michelle
Dec 26, 2015 Michelle rated it liked it
The Morgan Brothers
Book 1

I was very, very disappointed in this woman. I felt like reaching through the book and slapping her. I've read books about "strong and independent" women, but this was beyond conceivable. She was EXTREMELY STUPID. I think her stupidity and putting everyone else in danger just ruined the ending for me, which was actually a pretty romantic ending, but when it happened I was just disgusted with the whole thing...

The suspense was interesting, with the heroine removed. I real
Judy
Oct 13, 2010 Judy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mia Blackburn is returning to Logan Lake after 10 long years. After her mother died her dad blamed her for the death and treated her badly. Her protector and love betrayed her so she left to live with Uncle Wally in Atlanta. Now Uncle Wally has died and left his resort to her. She has to stay for one year to inherit but the first day back she gets notes to leave or else.

Ryan Morgan could not believe how beautiful Mia still was but after not being able to protect his fiance 3 years ago he has giv
Nellie
Oct 02, 2012 Nellie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book. It was clean, fun, suspenseful, and romantic. I liked the characters, and she could easily write sequels with the other characaters. I thought the storyline, villian, and inspirational parts could have been stronger. From the book: Leave Logan Lake now or you will pay "Despite the threatening warning, Mia Blackburn won't let anyone scare her from the rustic resort she inherits from her beloved uncle. But when a fire traps her in a burning barn, she fears that she won't get out ...more
Judine
Again, since Ryan and Mia have a history together before the book starts, the rapidity of their romance makes sense to me. And while, by and large, the twists and turns are clever and make sense, there's a gap in the final conflict scene with the murderer that I found disturbing. Otherwise, this is a well-paced romance novel about two people who care about kids and want to help them, which makes it an enjoyable light read.
Elizabeth
Won the third book in this series on Goodreads. Had to go to the beginning. Great suspense, and mystery. But the second chance love seemed to be rushed. It all happens within a week and just does not seem realistic. But it was a good book.
Jocelyn Montalvo Cullum
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Bookworm1
ehhhhhh, it was okay i guess
charmaine White
Aug 08, 2016 charmaine White rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Alright

Just what I needed right now,a slower paced mystery romance.Something for a really long hot summer day.When you can put your feet up and just read.
Melissa
Melissa rated it liked it
Mar 15, 2011
Lynn Ritter
Lynn Ritter rated it it was amazing
Jan 25, 2015
Andrea
Andrea rated it liked it
Dec 21, 2012
Michelle Okerlund
Michelle Okerlund rated it really liked it
Jan 07, 2015
Barbara
Barbara rated it really liked it
Jan 08, 2015
Evette Bean
Evette Bean rated it it was amazing
Jul 06, 2015
Megan
Megan rated it liked it
Jul 23, 2013
Bonnie
Bonnie rated it liked it
May 09, 2014
Madalyn Mathis
Madalyn Mathis rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2015
Melanie
Melanie rated it it was amazing
Jun 12, 2012
Katie
Katie rated it it was amazing
Feb 18, 2014
Paula Legate
Paula Legate rated it it was amazing
Jan 01, 2013
Sallie Cress
Sallie Cress rated it it was amazing
Mar 25, 2016
Sarah Brannen
Sarah Brannen rated it really liked it
Jul 20, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Aug 24, 2015 11:05AM
  • Code of Justice
  • Threat of Exposure (Texas Ranger Justice, #5)
  • Covert Pursuit
  • Face of Danger
  • Murder at Granite Falls (Big Sky Series, #4)
  • Formula for Danger (Sonoma, #2)
  • Trail of Lies (Texas Ranger Justice, #4)
  • Out of Time (Texas Ranger Justice, #6)
  • Point Blank Protector (Emerald Coast 911 #5)
  • Double Identity
  • Fatal Secrets  (Protecting the Witnesses , #5)
  • Risky Reunion (Protecting the Witnesses, #6)
  • Mission: Out of Control (Missions of Mercy, #2)
  • Witness on the Run
  • Out on a Limb  (Holyoake Heroes, #1)
  • The Christmas Rescue
SUSAN SLEEMAN is a bestselling author of inspirational and clean read romantic suspense and mystery books. With over twenty-five books in print, readers love her Justice Agency, First Responders, and Agents Under Fire series for the well-drawn characters and edge-of-your-seat action. As a graduate of the FBI, city and county police academies, her research is spot on and her characters are real. Aw ...more
More about Susan Sleeman...

The Morgan Brothers (3 books)
  • Behind the Badge (The Morgan Brothers, #2)
  • The Christmas Witness (The Morgan Brothers #3)