Fever (Leopard People,  #1-2 )

Fever (Leopard People #1-2)

4.14 of 5 stars 4.14  ·  rating details  ·  3,444 ratings  ·  55 reviews
In Wild Rain and the novella "The Awakening," Christine Feehan created an exotic, sensual race-the Leopard People. Fever brings the two stories together for the first time in one volume, a one-way ticket to a dizzying new world of desire.

In "The Awakening," a beautiful naturalist's dream comes true-to live among the feral jungle creatures. But an untamed, irresistible bea...more
Published January 3rd 2006 by Penguin Group US

To ask other readers questions about Fever, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fever

Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog)
I gave this 4 stars because I really like Christine Feehans books, however if you don't like her then I imagine that you probably wouldn't enjoy this one either.

Fever is the first two books in the Leopard People series. The Awakening and Wild Rain.

The Awakening- This is a short story about 100 pages or so long introducing the Leopards and the jungle in which they live. I love the descriptions in the book, she describes the jungle so vivdly in this book it is almost like another character in the...more
Sharon
Well, "just okay" is what I can say about these two stories. The first one is a short novella, which introduces the series. It was good and had a pretty well developed plot for novella. I liked it and was glad the second book was right there for me to continue!

Then I started to waiver in my liking. It was a much longer story, but in my opinion was a short novella that had been stretched. The beginning and end were pretty decent, but the middle was just a series of the same scenes and thoughts (...more
Susan
I have read every book in 3 different Christine Feehan series, and she has yet to disappoint. The "Leopard People" series is every bit as good as her other series'. Feehan is a master of creating new and interesting characters and societies. In Fever, we discover the race of shape-shifting leopard-people, and learn all about their history and customs. The details are intricate and Feehan's descriptions of life within the rainforests of Borneo is simply breathtaking.

The leopard-people stories fo...more
Kathrynn
This kinda chapped my behind. For whatever reason this author's books started coming out with different covers and names. This is one of them.

This is a reissue of Leopard Series book #1!

She has reissues, plugged as all new and a lot of her current short stories remixed with other authors and put in a new book, but the same short stories.

IF YOU ALREADY HAVE "THE AWAKENING" AND "WILD RAIN"; you already have the contents of this book!!!

This book includes:
1. The Awakening
2. Wild Rain

They are both...more
Toni
Just finished book one The Awakeing in Christine's Leopard series and found it to be a wonderful book. Just enough mystery to keep it interesting along with some very erotic sex. Nothing very graphic but hot all the same. Just starting Book Two Wild Rain. Longer book but I think just as unput downable.

Wild Rain was fantastic. So engaging that I could not stop reading unti I finished. Rachel and Rio's story was hot and steamy and riviting. A great book which leaves me with the hope she is writing...more
Ally
I have to admit I am a huge Ms Feehan fan and have worked my way round all her previous series and really loved these two stories.
I give each book 4*
'The Awakening'
Was far too short and wished it went in a bit more in detail but really loved the story even for just a short 90 pages.
'Wild Rain'
Found it had to put down this story and loved the imagery that was used to describe the jungle and the idea that Racheal and Rio had a previous life together and the whole connection.
Maria
Fever is a two in one book and I think that is good. The first novel, The Awakening, is very short and the language doesn´t flow as I´m used to when I read Ms Feehan. Sometimes the Heroine, Maggie, and the Hero, Brandt, start talking about things I haven´t read about before and that makes me a bit annoyed. But all in all it´s a sweet story about HEA.

The next novel, Wild Rain, is longer and therefore it´s better. Ms Feehan has time to develop the characters and the background story about the leop...more
Indiaskye
"Fever" is the first entry in Christinen Feehan's Leopard People series, and contains both the short story "The Awakening" and the complete novel "Wild Rain".

I enjoyed both stories very much! Ms. Feehan's writing is fluid, beautiful and very compelling, and I loved her setting --- the rainforest of Borneo. It's such a different setting compared to other books in this genre, and the way she writes makes you feel like you are actually in the rainforest. You'll hear the cries of the birds and monke...more
Alex is The Romance Fox

This is the second time I am reading this book. I love Christine Feehan but I have to be honest and say that this series is not one of my favorites.

There are two stories in this book, which "kick off" the series.

The Awakening introduces the world of the Leopard People that live in the Borneo rain forests and where Maggie has been inherited a home in the jungle, meets Brandt, a shapeshifter, who has been waiting for her return for a very long time.

Rather a short story - around 90 pages - filled...more
L.C. Lavado
I'm a little confuse about my opinion on this book... actually it's two books, the #1 and #2 on the "Leopard People" series.

I guess I may start with something they both share, a wonderful scenario!
That's what I loved the most in this new series, the joy of, at least in this two books, it all happened in the beautiful scenario of the rain forest.

Another common thing in both, is the erotic language, and enormous number of sexual moments.
I really don't remember reading a book more sexual than this...more
Abby Min
There once was a myth about two people finding each other and committing to one another. But there weren't normal people. They where known as leopard people. Leopard people are nor human, nor leopard. They can shift on command. Leopard people live in a village and they have a very high council. What the council says goes.....

The two found one another by chance but they soon became well known throughout the village. The male who found the love of his life. But they soon found out that she was the...more
Dawn
The book encompasses two stories. The first is The Awakening. A short story of Maggie and Brandt. Maggie had been born in the rainforest but moved away to live with adoptive parents when her parents were killed. Brandt tracked her down and sort of tricked her into returning. He knew they were destined to be together. Happy ending, of course.

The second story, Wild Rain, is about Rachael and Rio. Rachael is running from her dangerous life in Florida and finds herself accidentally in Rio's treehous...more
Patricia BookExhibitionism
Ich hab beide Teile gelesen, aber whäää.. :/ Ich rezensiere mal nur den 'Hauptteil'.

2.5

Leseeindruck

Das ist mein erster Feehan-Roman und prinzipiell ist die Welt, die die Autorin erschaffen hat, relativ vielversprechend.

1. Das Setting. Urwald? Da war ich noch nie. Weder "live" noch durch Bücher. Durch die Wahl eröffnen sich Feehan viele Möglichkeiten, Plots zu wahnsinnig schönen Romanen zu machen.
2. Die Leopardenmenschen-Thematik. Bisher wurde nicht viel verraten, was ärgerlich ist (und mir ganz...more
Kathy
Book 1 - The Awakening... 100 pages short story - introduces the Leopard People... introduces the Borneo community - how they live in the jungles, are a different species... sometimetimes of leopard form and sometimes of human form....they have 9 lives... and once mated, will seek their mate through each lifetime...

Brandt has lived his whole life in the community, maintaining Maggie's house... abandoned when her parents are killed, and Maggie goes to live with her mother's human friend in Americ...more
Jane (PS)
I love this 'new' series from Christine Feehan. I've been reading the Carpathians and just recently started on the Ghostwalkers but this will also join the list of series to follow and keep.

The Awakening: It was pretty short but gave a good feel to the series. It enticed me to put down my second Ghostwalker book half way through to quickly read it. There wasn't a great deal of dangerous action, but it's a short story, so it can't really take that on. A 4 out of 5.

Wild Rain: great book. Really en...more
Carmen Marie
Overall I enjoyed this series..atleast so far!!! I would have to say my biggest complaint about these two stories is how sudden they end. Each story builds you up to the climax but once you get to that point...its tied up in a nice quick ending. I definitely could have used some more story. The first book, The Awakening, was way too short if you ask me. I did enjoy the whole leopard people thing, it was new to me...lots of sex (I do think it was over kill in some instances, but I get that she wa...more
Lisa
This volume contains "The Awakening," which in my opinion is too short. It seems the author might have been "trying out" her idea of shape shifting humans. I liked the characters and wanted more from their story. The other is a novel called Wild Rain. The story was engaging and suspenseful, and I enjoyed the repartee between Rio and Rachael. The author continued with the shape shifting idea and gave more insight into the legend and the two characters place in that legend.
Rachel Leigh Smith
I wanted to like this one more than I did. As a writer myself the POV shifts and the slipping into omniscient really made it difficult for me to connect with the characters.

The leopard shifter society she's created is very interesting, and I like how it's not based on a pack/pride structure. The nine lives soulmates thing is pretty cool too.

I'll probably read the rest of the series, but I won't be devouring them.
Wendalyn Hoff
It was strange to be reading this book since I had it on a ebook format and get 20% through to have it just suddently end which is the ending of The Awaking I guess after reading the reviews. I liked both characters and wish their story didn't have to end so soon.

The 2nd book or part of this book was Wild Rain which I really enjoyed. the character's were fantastic. I might have to read the next book now.
Hana
In comparison with her "Dark" series, Feehan's books about shape-shifters are full of more substance. The narratives are similar, but ultimately I enjoy these a lot more. Though, I have to say that the series, the further along it goes, the better it gets.

Regardless, this book left me satisfied with the romance and the storyline. (Not that I'm a very good critic, I read for enjoyment.)
Olivia J
The blurb didn’t inform me much on what was going to occur in this book. At first I was confused when a second story kicked off and I thought that the characters wouldn’t connect in any way but they did – which was a relief. I didn’t know it was going to be this descriptive as well…
The leopard people are a very interesting race and I cannot wait to read the next book.
Eva
There are two stories in this book. The first is a short story and I really enjoyed it. The second was good, but it seems to drag on without much going on, and then wham! great action, suspense, and the conclusion of the book in the last couple of chapters. I also would have liked to have seen some of the characters from the first book in the 2nd.
Sherri
I absolutely LOVE LOVE this!! This is a part of a series, however, you don't have to read them in order! Every one of her leopard books are an excellent, sit on the edge of your seat, don't want to put the book down adventure. Hoping that Ms Feehan writes another to this wonderful series!
4.5* I really loved these two books. Ms Feehan is a new author to me, but I don't think she will be a stranger from now on! The depth of the stories and characters was great. They gripped my attention and I can't wait to read the other two books of the series.
Lyn
I love this series. Can't get enough of Christine Feehan. Siked to get started on third book in this series, Burning Wild (Leopard People, #3) by Christine Feehan.
BJ Rose
This is really a 2.5* but since it's better than 2* I bumped it up. It includes two stories - The Awakening and Wild Rain, and creates the story of the Leopard People. I think I may have finally found a Feehan series I don't plan on continuing.
Jenn
This is a compilation book of 1&2 so see my reviews of those books and apply here. Good read live the characters the first two books were a bit choppy and new but by book three the series is where if needs to be. Onto the next...
Jacqueline
I love shifter books and I like Feehan. But somehow here I couldn't quite get a grasp on the shifter world. The set up and rules seemed vague. I did like the heroine's desperation to escape though.
Natalie
I have fallen in love with the lepard people! I really love the backdrop of the rainforest. I think that has drawn me so much to this series. I have to say I think this is the my favorite series of Feehans.
Tasneem
This is interesting as a series, but I just find some of her ethnic and racial stereotyping contentious. I find the fact that in these tropical places there are very few non-white characters.
  • After Twilight (Dark, #7a)
  • Two By Twilight (Wings in the Night Series #6 & #9)
  • Midnight Moon (Nightcreature, #5)
  • The Heavenward Path (Mitsuko, #2)
  • Master of Wolves (Mageverse, #3)
  • Hanatsukihime, Vol. 02
  • Mona Lisa Darkening (Monère: Children of the Moon, #4)
  • Primal Needs (Primes, #7)
  • My Fair Viking (Viking I, #6)
  • G.A. Aiken Bundle: The Dragon Who Loved Me, What a Dragon Should Know, & Last Dragon Standing
  • Aiden's Charity (Breeds, #12)
  • New Moon (Moon, #6)
  • Eternal Craving (Gods of the Night, #2)
#1 New York Times bestselling author Christine Feehan has over 40 novels published, including four series. Each of her four series has hit #1 on the NY Times. Her debut novel Dark Prince received 3 of the 9 Paranormal Excellence Awards in Romantic Literature for 1999. Since then she has been published by Leisure Books, Pocket Books, and currently is writing for Berkley/Jove. She also has earned 7...more
More about Christine Feehan...
Dark Prince (Dark, #1) Dark Desire (Dark, #2) Dark Magic (Dark #4) Dark Gold (Dark, #3) Dark Fire (Dark, #6)