MyHistoryLab with Pearson eText Student Standalone Access Card for America Past and Present, Combo Ed. (standalone) (9th Edition) (Myhistorylab (Access Codes))

3.0 of 5 stars 3.00  ·  rating details  ·  31 ratings  ·  5 reviews
With its careful balance of the social and political dimensions of our history, America Past and Present presents the experiences of both the ordinary men and women and the extraordinary historical figures who have contributed so much to our American past. A lively narrative, clear organization, attractive maps and illustrations, and exceptional pedagogy will help you bett...more
Misc. Supplies, 0 pages
Published January 25th 2010 by Prentice Hall (first published 1987)

Danielle
After nearly a year of reading this textbook, I feel very qualified to give my opinion.

I read this for AP US History. It's actually the first textbook I have read cover to cover, and it is a very long one at that. I'm going to divide this review into what I liked about it, and what I absolutely detested.

Positive:
It has abundant resources. I appreciated the Appendix possibly more than the text. Good information about presidents, supreme court justices, the Constitution, The Declaration of Indepe...more
Deanna
This is for BYU History 220- (American History to 1877).--- Whew, got it done! This books reads very smoothly and I looked forward to reading the chapters. So, as far as my textbooks have gone, this one was better than most of the others.

I felt they gave an unbiased view of the events leading up to and during the civil war in regards to the south. The only complaint I have was that it was very heavy handed on the women's rights-not so unbiased. They were heavy handed on "The Cult of Domesticity...more
Christian Skowronski
This AP US History textbook is outstanding! At first, the rhythm of the writing was difficult to grasp. However, at the end of the very accurate textbook, it was just like any other novel I've ever read. The book greatly enhanced my skills as a reader!

I can only imagine the amount of research that the authors had to do but I can imagine that they are incredibly satisfied with their work of art. I put my personal stamp of classroom approval of the textbook. I would also recommend this textbook to...more
Kare
I don't think I have ever read a whole textbook before. Word for word. Bleh.
Becky
I don't enjoy reading textbooks, and this one was no exception.
Bria Charlise
Bria Charlise is currently reading it
Jul 14, 2014
Balakumar S
Balakumar S is currently reading it
Jun 06, 2014
Abdel Rahman
Abdel Rahman marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
Sammy Linn
Sammy Linn marked it as to-read
May 29, 2014
Rhea Codio
Rhea Codio marked it as to-read
May 29, 2014
Virginia Montgomery
Virginia Montgomery marked it as to-read
May 28, 2014
Craig
Craig marked it as to-read
May 27, 2014
Mona
Mona marked it as to-read
May 25, 2014
Lola
Lola added it
May 15, 2014
Hajer
Hajer marked it as to-read
May 12, 2014
Mathew
Mathew marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2014
Katrina Spencer
Katrina Spencer is currently reading it
Apr 12, 2014
Dan Fennell
Dan Fennell marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2014
Nancy Knepp
Nancy Knepp marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2014
Davonna Mcarthur
Davonna Mcarthur marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2014
Al
Al is currently reading it
Jan 05, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
The Reluctant Belligerent: American Entry Into World War II Eisenhower and the Cold War The American Story Perpetual War for Perpetual Peace America Past and Present, Volume 1 (to 1877) (8th Edition)