Start by marking “Debunking 9/11 Debunking: An Answer to Popular Mechanics & Other Defenders of the Official Conspiracy Theory” as Want to Read:

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  122 ratings  ·  14 reviews
By virtue of his previous four books on the subject, David Ray Griffin is widely recognized as one of the leading spokespersons of the 9/11 truth movement, which rejects the official conspiracy theory about 9/11. Although this movement was long ignored by the US government and the mainstream media, recent polls have shown that (as Time magazine has acknowledged) the reject ...more
Paperback
Published May 1st 2007 by Olive Branch Press

To ask other readers questions about Debunking 9/11 Debunking, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Debunking 9/11 Debunking

Rachel
I really appreciated this book - it was a meticulously researched, well-reasoned critique of the government's official story. This book put into words what I suspected since that awful day - that the official government story made absolutely no sense. It doesn't matter that none of the other "conspiracy theories" make any sense either. What matters is that the government had an obligation to provide the American people with a valid, reasonable, logical explanation of how such a horrible tragedy ...more
Ryan Mac
A friend of mine is a 9/11 conspiracy guy so I thought that I would check this book out. I read the Popular Mechanics book first and found it to be very lacking in substance. This book does not have that problem. This book loads the reader with tons of facts and references that provide ample evidence to put Popular Mechanics and the official story into doubt. An interesting read, no matter what you think about the whole situation.
Jamaica
This book seriously changed my life. It's an exaggeration but I feel like I connected to it because I'm always questioning authority and this book does that. It strengthen my soul to know that such beautiful arguments exist. I love this book. It's a must read for anyone who is interested in proving others wrong.
Daniel Thompson
The real inside job, the most destructive one, is the control of the US media by covert intelligence agencies. Even if one were disinclined to delve into "Project Mockingbird," "The Mighty Wurlitzer," etc. (representing, to be sure, the tip of the iceburg that has long ago punctured our listing ship of state), the outlines of Control can be clearly be seen in the coordinated ad hominem, fact-challenged smear pieces that Griffin debunks in this book. One can almost detect a single editorial voice ...more
Kathryn Pavao
Awesome book and supported by so many facts. Unfortunately ignorance is bliss and when you have the media who is eager for a headline story any uneducated idiot can pull what they want from the details of an event and say only what they want to say to prove their point. Science is science and facts are facts. Ignorant idiots should be placed back under the rock they came from since they refuse to educate themselves with ALL of the facts and truth.
John
Nov 13, 2007 John rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone with an open mind!
Shelves: politics
Griffin does a terrific job refuting the 9/11 "findings" of the Popular Mechanics "de-bunking" book, as well as the 9/11 Commission. My eyes did glaze over some during the highly technical discussion of the World Trade Center details, but only an absolute, complete, diehard Administration loyalist could come away not accepting that the "official" story is nowhere near the truth, the whole truth and nothing-but-the-truth.
Phil
Nov 29, 2008 Phil added it
Recommends it for: morons.
Recommended to Phil by: myself.
My first foray into David Ray Griffin was quite enthralling. Kind of makes me want to read the 9/11 Commission Report, and other documents he sought to debunk. Minimal knowledge on the topic is required to follow along.
Amy
This book was difficult to get through because of the paranoid and scattered style in which it was written. I found the documentary "Loose Change" to be a better summation of the truth movement's arguments.
Dennis McMahon
Another David Ray Griffin gem. An excellent book to keep for reference when evaluating 9/11 debunker claims.
Jahn
some mindBlowin shit! an excellent intro to the convoluted topic of state-sponsored false flag terrorism.
Andrea
if Griffin left out all his quips and jabs, the book would be half its length and hold more power.
Jack
Great book. It sums up the stupidity of 9/11 Truthers.
Ryan
Gordon
Dec 07, 2007 Gordon rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Uncle Tommy
Amazingly thorough research. What to do, what to do...
Roman
Roman marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2014
Norman
Norman marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2014
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2014
Salima
Salima marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2014
Theresa
Theresa marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
Deborah Gemmell
Deborah Gemmell marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2014
Christopher Grear
Christopher Grear marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2014
Nick
Nick marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2014
Manuel Castro
Manuel Castro marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2014
Robert Glab
Robert Glab marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2014
Jason
Jason marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • 9/11 Synthetic Terror: Made in USA
  • The Terror Conspiracy: Deception, 9/11 & the Loss of Liberty
  • American Conspiracies: Lies, Lies, and More Dirty Lies that the Government Tells Us
  • Plausible Denial: Was the CIA Involved in the Assassination of JFK?
  • The Search for the Manchurian Candidate: The CIA & Mind Control
  • The Politically Incorrect Guide to Darwinism  And Intelligent Design
  • Crossing the Rubicon: The Decline of the American Empire at the End of the Age of Oil
  • The Politically Incorrect Guide to Science
  • The True Story of the Bilderberg Group
  • Darwin's Doubt: The Explosive Origin of Animal Life and the Case for Intelligent Design
  • The Hunt for Zero Point: Inside the Classified World of Antigravity Technology
  • Dark Alliance: The CIA, the Contras, and the Cocaine Explosion
  • The Edge of Evolution: The Search for the Limits of Darwinism
  • JFK: The CIA, Vietnam and the Plot to Assassinate John F. Kennedy
  • None Dare Call It Conspiracy
  • Tragedy and Hope: A History of the World in Our Time
  • One Universe: At Home in the Cosmos
  • A Tragic Legacy: How a Good vs. Evil Mentality Destroyed the Bush Presidency
Dr. Griffin, a retired emeritus professor of Philosophy of Religion and Theology at the Claremont School of Theology, has published over 30 books and 150 articles. His 9/11 books have been endorsed by Robert Baer, William Christison, William Sloane Coffin Jr., Richard Falke, Ray McGovern, Paul Craig Roberts and Howard Zinn.
More about David Ray Griffin...
The New Pearl Harbor: Disturbing Questions About the Bush Administration & 9/11 The 9/11 Commission Report: Omissions and Distortions The New Pearl Harbor Revisited: 9/11, the Cover-up & the Expose 9/11 Ten Years Later: When State Crimes Against Democracy Succeed 9/11 and American Empire, Volume 1: Intellectuals Speak Out