Start by marking “Should I Stay or Should I Go?: A Guide to Knowing if Your Relationship Can--and Should--be Saved” as Want to Read:

4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·  rating details  ·  96 ratings  ·  9 reviews
A guide to making the ultimate relationship decision from the author of Why Does He Do That? In this supportive and straightforward guide, Lundy Bancroft, the author of Why Does He Do That?, and communication specialist JAC Patrissi offer a way for women to practically take stock of their relationships and move forward-with or without their partners.

Women involved in chron
Published November 1st 2011 by Berkley (first published March 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Should I Stay or Should I Go?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Should I Stay or Should I Go?

Kerry
This book is really for people experiencing abuse, especially those who may not realize that it is/was abuse but know that something is definitely wrong. I will say there are some biases in this book - such as the default assumption that most abusers are men (maybe this is true?). On the other hand, this book hits many nails straight on the head. I found it very helpful.
Terrah Mayes
This book is more about you finding and nurturing yourself, setting clear boundaries and learning to love yourself as your best friend. It's not so much about hating your batterer as much as it is about honoring and loving yourself. Great book!
Bnyenhuis
This was the best book I read ever on deciding on leaving a relationship or staying. I'd give it 10 stars if I could.
Christine
This book is definitely geared towards aiding women rather than being a book about relationships in general. It will help you establish boundaries and support you in doing so. The assumption is that you're talking about a deeply distressed relationship struggling with the likes of addiction, physical and/or emotional abuse or mental disorders.

The book has some great discussions about what a healthy relationship looks like and is really great at encouraging you to feel that you should have a heal
Laurice Grae-Hauck
You love him when he is nice to you and wish that it could always be like that. But sometimes he is cruel and may even be physically abusive. Is it time to get out of this relationship or is the abuse too much? Another great one by Lundy Bancroft that can help you sort through the mess of your troubled relationship to decide if it is worth sticking around or if it is time to get out.
Monika
Mar 08, 2015 Monika added it
this was a very exciting boo.I would recommend it to my class
Kate
Very thorough, non-judgmental. Either my standards have completely slipped or I've been on a roll with good self-help books lately. Good, realistic thoughts for staying or leaving.
Sam
this is a horrible book and may have ended my relationship
Ian Lee
Ian Lee marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2015
Tabitha Nettles
Tabitha Nettles marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2015
Lori
Lori marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2015
Angie
Angie marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2015
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2015
Anna
Anna added it
Jul 27, 2015
sherrymurff
sherrymurff is currently reading it
Jul 22, 2015
Jessica Power
Jessica Power marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2015
Naomi
Naomi marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2015
Muriel
Muriel marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2015
Lise Ross
Lise Ross marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2015
Sally Prag
Sally Prag marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2015
Shirley Aldana
Shirley Aldana marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2015
Taylor Daniels
Taylor Daniels marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2015
Ashley Roque
Ashley Roque marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2015
Tracy Hatcher
Tracy Hatcher marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • I Love a Cop: What Police Families Need to Know
  • Raising Resilient Children: Fostering Strength, Hope, and Optimism in Your Child
  • The Emotionally Abusive Relationship: How to Stop Being Abused and How to Stop Abusing
  • The Emotionally Destructive Relationship: Seeing It, Stopping It, Surviving It
  • The Verbally Abusive Relationship: How to Recognize It and How to Respond
  • Feeling Good Together: The Secret to Making Troubled Relationships Work
  • Constructive Wallowing: How to Beat Bad Feelings by Letting Yourself Have Them
  • Emotional Blackmail: When the People in Your Life Use Fear, Obligation, and Guilt to Manipulate You
  • Emotional Survival for Law Enforcement: A Guide for Officers and Their Families
  • Reinventing Your Life: The Breakthrough Program to End Negative Behavior...and Feel Great Again
  • The Secret Currency of Love: The Unabashed Truth About Women, Money, and Relationships
  • Disarming the Narcissist: Surviving and Thriving with the Self-Absorbed
  • Wild Mind: A Field Guide to the Human Psyche
  • Connectome: How the Brain's Wiring Makes Us Who We Are
  • Jump...And Your Life Will Appear: An Inch-by-Inch Guide to Making a Major Change
  • Gardening in Miniature:  Create Your Own Tiny Living World
  • Backyard Farming: Raising Chickens
  • The Working Class Foodies Cookbook: 100 Delicious Seasonal and Organic Recipes for Under $8 per Person
Lundy Bancroft is an author, workshop leader, and consultant on domestic abuse and child maltreatment. His best known book is Why Does He Do That?: Inside the Minds of Angry and Controlling Men (first published in 2002). With 20 years of experience specializing in interventions for abusive men and their families, he is a former co-director of Emerge, the first counseling program in the United Stat ...more
More about Lundy Bancroft...
Why Does He Do That?: Inside the Minds of Angry and Controlling Men When Dad Hurts Mom: Helping Your Children Heal the Wounds of Witnessing Abuse The Batterer as Parent: Addressing the Impact of Domestic Violence on Family Dynamics Daily Wisdom for Why Does He Do That? When Love Hurts Updated Edition: A Woman's Guide to Understanding Abuse in Relationships