Start by marking “Should I Stay or Should I Go?: A Guide to Knowing if Your Relationship Can--and Should--be Saved” as Want to Read:

4.26  ·  Rating Details  ·  137 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
A guide to making the ultimate relationship decision from the author of Why Does He Do That? In this supportive and straightforward guide, Lundy Bancroft, the author of Why Does He Do That?, and communication specialist JAC Patrissi offer a way for women to practically take stock of their relationships and move forward-with or without their partners.

Women involved in chron
Published November 1st 2011 by Berkley (first published March 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Should I Stay or Should I Go?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Should I Stay or Should I Go?

Kerry
May 25, 2014 Kerry rated it really liked it
This book is really for people experiencing abuse, especially those who may not realize that it is/was abuse but know that something is definitely wrong. I will say there are some biases in this book - such as the default assumption that most abusers are men (maybe this is true?). On the other hand, this book hits many nails straight on the head. I found it very helpful.
Gina
Nov 16, 2015 Gina rated it did not like it
To be honest, I didn't finish this book. I borrowed it from the library thinking it was actually what it was advertised to be - a guide to assessing your relationship and determining whether it can be saved or not.

I bought this as a female in a 10-year relationship with a male who is a supremely wonderful human being. I am actually the one who has caused and continues to cause the vast majority of the troubles in our relationship. I can freely admit that, to him or anyone else, though actually
Terrah Mayes
Mar 06, 2013 Terrah Mayes rated it it was amazing
This book is more about you finding and nurturing yourself, setting clear boundaries and learning to love yourself as your best friend. It's not so much about hating your batterer as much as it is about honoring and loving yourself. Great book!
Bnyenhuis
May 21, 2014 Bnyenhuis rated it it was amazing
This was the best book I read ever on deciding on leaving a relationship or staying. I'd give it 10 stars if I could.
Christine
Mar 19, 2013 Christine rated it really liked it
This book is definitely geared towards aiding women rather than being a book about relationships in general. It will help you establish boundaries and support you in doing so. The assumption is that you're talking about a deeply distressed relationship struggling with the likes of addiction, physical and/or emotional abuse or mental disorders.

The book has some great discussions about what a healthy relationship looks like and is really great at encouraging you to feel that you should have a heal
Donna Hines
Apr 01, 2016 Donna Hines rated it it was amazing
I cannot praise this book enough and all of his books. I have validated not only my own personal experiences but many of my readers through his works and teachings and that is invaluable and priceless.
Thank you for shedding light on abusive relationships and may God be with anyone who is trying to leave one on their journey in life after narcissism.
Kim Scales
Jun 08, 2016 Kim Scales rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Eye-opener

This a clear, compassionate workbook to help better understand what's happening in an unhealthy relationship. It put a lot of things in perspective.
Erin
Oct 08, 2015 Erin rated it it was amazing
Wonderful workbook to help build self-esteem and see your life more clearly.
Monika
Mar 08, 2015 Monika added it
this was a very exciting boo.I would recommend it to my class
Laurice Grae-Hauck
Dec 31, 2015 Laurice Grae-Hauck rated it it was amazing
You love him when he is nice to you and wish that it could always be like that. But sometimes he is cruel and may even be physically abusive. Is it time to get out of this relationship or is the abuse too much? Another great one by Lundy Bancroft that can help you sort through the mess of your troubled relationship to decide if it is worth sticking around or if it is time to get out.
Kate
Jul 29, 2012 Kate rated it really liked it
Very thorough, non-judgmental. Either my standards have completely slipped or I've been on a roll with good self-help books lately. Good, realistic thoughts for staying or leaving.
Sam
May 07, 2013 Sam rated it did not like it
this is a horrible book and may have ended my relationship
Karla Savard
Karla Savard marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2016
Catherine
Catherine marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2016
Sophia
Sophia rated it it was amazing
Jun 18, 2016
Tania
Tania rated it liked it
Jun 11, 2016
Mikayel
Mikayel marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2016
Naomi Morales
Naomi Morales marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2016
Crystal
Crystal marked it as to-read
May 30, 2016
Deirdre Benavides
Deirdre Benavides marked it as to-read
May 30, 2016
Shelley Wiegmann
Shelley Wiegmann rated it it was amazing
May 29, 2016
Cindy Kahr
Cindy Kahr rated it it was amazing
May 28, 2016
Melody
Melody is currently reading it
May 20, 2016
Becky Slatkin
Becky Slatkin marked it as to-read
May 18, 2016
Kittenplan
Kittenplan rated it it was ok
May 15, 2016
Anna
Anna is currently reading it
May 01, 2016
Sara
Sara rated it really liked it
Apr 27, 2016
Samantha Kennedy
Samantha Kennedy marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2016
Elena Soriano
Elena Soriano marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2016
  • How to Be a Best Friend Forever: Making and Keeping Lifetime Relationships
  • Stop Caretaking the Borderline or Narcissist: How to End the Drama and Get on with Life
  • The Emotionally Sensitive Person: Finding Peace When Your Emotions Overwhelm You
  • I Love a Cop: What Police Families Need to Know
  • The Emotionally Abusive Relationship: How to Stop Being Abused and How to Stop Abusing
  • The Squeaky Wheel: Complaining the Right Way to Get Results, Improve Your Relationships, and Enhance Self-Esteem
  • Raising Resilient Children: Fostering Strength, Hope, and Optimism in Your Child
  • Constructive Wallowing: How to Beat Bad Feelings by Letting Yourself Have Them
  • It's Not Just Who You Know: Transform Your Life (and Your Organization) by Turning Colleagues and Contacts into Lasting, Genuine Relationships
  • Emotional Blackmail: When the People in Your Life Use Fear, Obligation, and Guilt to Manipulate You
  • The Verbally Abusive Relationship: How to Recognize It and How to Respond
  • The ADHD Effect on Marriage: Understand and Rebuild Your Relationship in Six Steps
  • Where to Draw the Line: How to Set Healthy Boundaries Every Day
  • A New Season: A Robertson Family Love Story of Brokenness and Redemption
  • The Emotionally Destructive Relationship: Seeing It, Stopping It, Surviving It
  • Just Your Type: Create the Relationship You've Always Wanted Using the Secrets of Personality Type
  • Feeling Good Together: The Secret to Making Troubled Relationships Work
  • The Queen of Distraction: How Women with ADHD Can Conquer Chaos, Find Focus, and Get More Done
Lundy Bancroft is an author, workshop leader, and consultant on domestic abuse and child maltreatment. His best known book is Why Does He Do That?: Inside the Minds of Angry and Controlling Men (first published in 2002). With 20 years of experience specializing in interventions for abusive men and their families, he is a former co-director of Emerge, the first counseling program in the United Stat ...more
More about Lundy Bancroft...