Start by marking “Quilts Made Modern: 10 Projects, Keys for Success with Color & Design, from the Funquilts Studio” as Want to Read:

4.29  ·  Rating Details  ·  69 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
This work teaches you everything you need to know about colour theory, fabric selection, and design, as well as providing expert advice on piecing, hand and machine applique, and finishing techniques."
Published December 16th 2010 by C&T Publishing (first published November 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Quilts Made Modern, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Quilts Made Modern

JayeL
Jul 16, 2011 JayeL added it
Shelves: quilt, 2011
In general, I like this book. I like it because the tone is kind. I like it a lot more than most project books because the authors weave additional information beyond how to make the included projects their way into the text.

Quilt books seem to be going the way of projects rather than inspiration or catalog books. If that is the wave of the future, then I hope authors and publishers take a page from this work and from books books like 12x12. This book has a lot of very personal aspects. The book
Mary Rohrbeck
Feb 10, 2013 Mary Rohrbeck rated it liked it
I picked up this book and was excited to see a section on design and was hoping to be enlightened by two experienced quilt designers such as Weeks and Kerr. But unfortunately it was just another lesson in color theory ... blah, blah, blah. Nothing new for me, maybe a novice who had been living under a rock might find it enlightening but it did nothing for me.

the quilts were so/so. None of them jumped out and said "Make me NOW" but there were a couple that i might make in the future once i get ca
Claire
Jun 26, 2013 Claire rated it really liked it
It may that the order I read the books in created the impression, but it seemed like the review days at the end of a semester. There was less detail about technique, and obviously less about color than in the whole book on color. But there were useful discussions of design decisions and alternate color possibilities illustrated. There were patterns and directions for some very attractive quilts.
Candy
Feb 26, 2016 Candy rated it liked it
Shelves: quilting
I picked up some tidbits of advice, but overall I felt like the quilts are too precise and repetitive for my style preference. And they all seemed to be the same colors.
I may come back to this book and appreciate it more when I have more quilting experience.
Susan
Oct 24, 2012 Susan rated it it was amazing
It begins with lots of theory on choosing colors and patterns. That's always subjective, but it's still helpful. Easy to follow. This one's a keeper.
Jenny
May 31, 2013 Jenny rated it it was amazing
Shelves: quilt-books
This book introduced me to "modern quilting." The patterns are accurate and the inspiration is absolutely unmatched.
Kerry
Mar 20, 2012 Kerry rated it really liked it
I think I see a quilt for my nephew's new baby in the near future.
Eldra
May 20, 2012 Eldra rated it it was amazing
This book is brilliant and inspirational.
Diana
Jun 21, 2011 Diana added it
Shelves: quilting
GASP. Just a gorgeous book.
Jane Dugger
Nov 26, 2011 Jane Dugger rated it really liked it
Beautiful ideas.
Kirsten Meeker
Kirsten Meeker rated it liked it
Mar 27, 2016
Taylor Williams
Taylor Williams marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2016
Brian
Brian marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2016
Barb
Barb added it
Jan 18, 2016
melinda collins
melinda collins rated it it was amazing
Dec 17, 2015
Beth Carroll
Beth Carroll marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2015
Karen Simons
Karen Simons rated it it was amazing
Nov 16, 2015
Sarah rated it liked it
Oct 23, 2015
J M
J M marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2016
Sandy
Sandy rated it really liked it
Aug 09, 2015
Jean Krauss
Jean Krauss rated it really liked it
Aug 07, 2015
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2015
Christine Slaughter
Christine Slaughter rated it liked it
Jul 09, 2015
Curryanne
Curryanne rated it it was amazing
Jun 10, 2015
Slynne
Slynne rated it really liked it
Jun 02, 2015
Susan Lewin
Susan Lewin rated it it was amazing
May 24, 2015
Katie
Katie rated it it was amazing
Apr 28, 2015
Anne Andersen
Anne Andersen rated it it was amazing
Apr 05, 2015