Start by marking “Big Book of Girl Stuff” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Big Book of Girl Stuff

Bart King

Big Book of Girl Stuff

<!-- #pd-fixedwrapper1 {width:825px; overflow: auto;} .pd-img1 {border-style: solid; border-width: 0px; border-color: #B8B8B8; float: left; margin-top: 10px; margin-left:15; } .pd-content1 {} .pd-content2 {float: left; width:375px; margin-left: 15px; line-height: 45px;} --> The Big Book of Girl Stuff shares everything a girl needs to know&#8212;from sleepovers to ...more
Published September 8th 2006 by Gibbs Smith (first published September 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Big Book of Girl Stuff, please sign up.

Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Me for TeensReadToo.com

Any young man who can manage to grow up (alive) and retain (most) of their sanity surrounded by five sisters automatically gains my respect. When that young man grows up to be Bart King, author of THE BIG BOOK OF GIRL STUFF, who uses the wisdom, never-ending frustration, and survival instincts honed while growing up with said five sisters, my respect turns to genuine admiration.

Like its predecessor, THE BIG BOOK OF BOY STUFF, this book is filled to the brim wi
ummgigi
Jan 15, 2014 ummgigi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book! I swear I have read every single word in it and acquired the most useful and life saving knowledge a girl can possess. This includes learning how to babysit, deal with annoying siblings, hide a bad haircut, have correct etiquette, politely refuse a boy's invitation to dance, apply make up correctly, throw the best slumber party of the century and much, much more. Definitely a must have for every girl on this planet!
Alshaimaa
Jul 05, 2010 Alshaimaa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: english-books
كتاب رااائع جداً.
يقدم للفتيات مواضيع متنوعة تهمهم، وأساليب التعامل مع المشكلات المختلفة، حتى أصغر التفاصيل.
هناك بعض مواضيعه لاتخص الثقافة الغربية، بل فيه من العمومية مايناسب أكثر من ثقافة،حتى أنه تحدث عن السلام عند العرب
فكرة الغلاف جداً رائعة، يمكنك إزالة الغلاف ليتحول الكتاب لدفتر علوم (كيمياء)لكي لايطّلع أو ينتبه أي شخص لهذا الدفتر.
نحتاج لمثل هذا الكتاب لفتياتنا.
شكراً لك رفاه لتعريفي بهذا الكتاب.
Audrey
Jun 30, 2008 Audrey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my goodness, this book is the best! I go to it for advice, when I am bored, or when I want so "me" or "girl" time. I absolutely love the whole thing, my copy is so worn out and I lost the real cover to it so long ago, I cant even remember. I cant even remember when I got it! It looks like I have had it for 13 years!
haha... love the book and HIGHLY reccomended for all pre teen through teenage girls.
Katrina
Jul 21, 2009 Katrina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I. Loved. This. Book. I obtained so much information from here; and the fact that a man wrote the book not knowing much about the girl's mind makes me love this book even more. I discovered so many random facts. I believe everyone should know when it is National Destroy All Video Games Day.(September 12) Oh, and one more thing: Loofa!
Kat
Oct 02, 2008 Kat rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Tweens
Recommended to Kat by: Dizzy
This book is uber duber hularious! a must read for tweens. filed with chapters on: babysiting, names, slepovers, fun things to do, handwriting, friends, animals/pets!

Truly taking funnieness to a new level.

(Comes with funny drawings and cartoons)
Elizabeth Whalen
I love this book! It's great just to be able to pick it up and read a short section and still laugh out loud! It's great for car trips, especially people who if they read for to long in the car they get sick.
Clarence :P
Dec 08, 2009 Clarence :P rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i love this book soooo much. Whenever I don't have anything to read I pull it out and get pulled into the hilarious writing of Bart King (and his five sisters) : D
أروى
Mar 28, 2008 أروى rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: سلافة
Shelves: children-books
تمنيت لو أن لدينا كتاباً مثل هذا بالعربية

يناقش كل ما يخص الفتيات بطريقة ممتعة
αℓyssα
i read it... it was interseting! i guess!!
Leighcool
it helps girls my age a whole bunch!
Monica
Jun 20, 2016 Monica rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
so i used to own this. and i would reread it so often...it probably shaped me in some way, as a preteen. looking back however, i remember a lot of inaccurate facts? who knows
SophieF
May 16, 2016 SophieF rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Big Book of Girl Stuff By Bart King: My Auntie Ramona gave me this book for my birthday one year ago and it became by bedtime bible. Truly, it is nice to have something tangible that is a how-to guide on making a difference, and an overall overview of being a teenager and dealing with the good parts and the issues, like teenage drama. There are no weaknesses, because it gives the reader an easy reference to what real life is and all of the “fun” sorts of things that go along with it. Additio ...more
Inspired Kathy
Oct 04, 2010 Inspired Kathy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received copies of The Big Book of Boys Stuff and The Big Book of Girls Stuff by Bart King from publisher Gibbs-Smith to review. My 8 year old son reviewed The Big Book of Boys Stuff so to be fair I'm allowing my 10 year old daughter to review The Big Book of Girl Stuff.
Here is her review: http://iamareadernotawriter.blogspot....
Nicole Labresh
Jul 15, 2014 Nicole Labresh rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I must've read this book back in middle school (I'm in college now). At that point, it was sheer genius. In retrospect, I still believe it was sheer genius. This book helped shape me as I was growing up, and now looking back as a feminist, I really think this is something every girl should read. I really need to dig this book back out and better reacquaint myself with it.
Annemarie
Jun 26, 2008 Annemarie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone, especially boys
Recommended to Annemarie by: Jill S
Fun book to read! I read it from cover to cover, but just skipped around from here to there. It's fun to see what variety of topics they talk about. Would be a fun gift to give to anybody. This is actually sitting in my car so if I ever need a book to read while waiting I can just grab it to read. Easy read.
Allyce
i read it when i was nine! it still counts!!!!!!!!
Nikka Hampton
Nov 10, 2009 Nikka Hampton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LUV THIS BOOK.....NO BOYS ALLOWED LOL
Ana Banana
Feb 23, 2016 Ana Banana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a really fun book... but it talks bad about boys and I do not like what it says about boys. but it is really funny in other parts.
Patti Chen
Jan 29, 2015 Patti Chen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
How do you read the book on ipod? It won't let me read it
Sydney
Jun 22, 2011 Sydney rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Any Girl.
I love this book! It has EVERYTHING in this book. I just bought it today, (June 13, 2011) and I am not even halfway through. (I have the eBook, but the cover is the same.) They have Babysitting Tips, stuff on boys, Manners, Fashion, Family, Friends, Makeup, how to highlight your hair, and even stuff on growing up, (But that isn't the fun part! lol) My favorite book. EVER!!
Ashley
Feb 21, 2009 Ashley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Evey girl who has any personalitly
Recommended to Ashley by: Girl Fest
I love this book! So many random little facts that are completely useless, but funny! I used to be in girl scouts and when we went to girl fest (hate it) Bart king and some of his sisters were there sighing books! It was so cool! My mom also bought The Big Book Of Boy Stuff for my brother. I never read the book cover to cover, but you really don't have to.
Grace
Jan 23, 2013 Grace rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book helped me survived my childhood. Growing up this thing was my bible and a source of entertainment. I think all little girls should own this book. I used to bring it to school and my friends and I would spend our recess laughing at the pages. :) one of my favorite books. Still own it although it is falling apart :)
Riley
Jan 10, 2009 Riley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is honestly the most random but also the best book I have crossed paths with. It has a bunch of random info that is fun for girls to read. It even has a list of holidays, such as Vinegar Day(which my cousin celebrated), and Bubble Wrap Aprrieciation Day. There is also one for boys. GET THIS!!!
Annabelle
Sep 28, 2013 Annabelle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The book of my childhood. This is a compilation that has taken me places and taught me thing in the true style of a girlfriend, sister, or mother. I've flipped through its pages hundreds of times, and now I've even given it to one of the girl's in my life.
Chloe Allen
Aug 16, 2010 Chloe Allen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!! I looooove this book my little nine yr old cousin got it for me on christmas, and I honestly say THANK YOU!!!! The part where talks about the soda companies trying to translate the stuff cracks me up. So does the warning lables
Samantha snyder
It was OK. The one thing i really like is that they don't make it all girl y girl stuff. This book takes forever to read. If your not a girl ( YOU can be a TOMBOY too to read this) I would recommend this book if you really like reading.
Megan [I'm okay, I'm alright]
This book is actually super interesting. I've never read it cover-to-cover and I haven't looked at it in years, but it has tons of interesting and useful information in it. I'm pretty sure.
Michele
Nov 14, 2010 Michele rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: recommended
My dd read this and she loves this book ... good for a slumber party. It is funny, goofy, interesting facts and history. complete with quotes from famous women!
♥Meaty♥
May 14, 2011 ♥Meaty♥ rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book is basically a book that tells girls how to live their life, so it you are a girl and want to know how to live your life, then this is the book for you!!
This book is sooooo handy 7 16 Nov 16, 2013 06:21PM
  • For Girls Only: Everything Great About Being a Girl
  • The Encyclopedia of Immaturity: Volume 2
  • Doodle Dandies: Poems That Take Shape
  • Silent Storm (Pacific Passion, #3)
  • Mini Mysteries: 20 Tricky Tales to Untangle (American Girl Library)
  • Turkey Trouble on the National Mall (Capital Mysteries, #14)
  • The Zombie Project
  • My Fairy Grandmother
  • A Dance of Sisters
  • Chemistry: Getting a Big Reaction! (Basher Science)
  • Ms. Frizzle's Adventures: Imperial China
  • While You Were Sleeping
  • That Girl Lucy Moon
  • The Year of the Fortune Cookie (Anna Wang #3)
  • Big Wig: A Little History of Hair
  • Do-Over
  • Sorcerer (Secrets of Droon Special Editions, #4)
  • Who Eats What?: Food Chains and Food Webs
Hi! Bart King here. And first things first—I love to read!

I also write funny books for kids and immature adults. In 2016, Disney published my novel, THE DRAKE EQUATION. It's a humorous sci-fi adventure about a young birdwatcher who's drawn into galactic intrigue.

Reviews:
“THE DRAKE EQUATION has a lot going for it. There’s an immensely likable protagonist and his marvelous twin friends, a school li
More about Bart King...

“Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye.” 4 likes
“Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you cry with your girlfriends.”     —Laurie Kylansky” 2 likes