Start by marking “Clementa” as Want to Read:
Clementa
Read eBook* *Different edition

Clementa

3.6 of 5 stars 3.60  ·  rating details  ·  5 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Clementa takes place on a future Planet Earth that’s unlike any other in speculative fiction.

Three hundred years from now, most machines have been broken up for scrap, and the rest are museum pieces. Yet no apocalypse—no disease epidemic, asteroid collision, or nuclear conflagration—has occurred.

Agriculture has been abandoned. People live by omnifostering, an advanced ki
Kindle Edition
Published (first published October 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Clementa, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Clementa

Judy
Aug 13, 2011 Judy rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Any one with an open mind and love of vivid imagery.
Recommended to Judy by: Goodreads
Fantasy is not my genre of first choice, and post-apocalyptic reads usually leave me dissatisfied. Clementa was very different. Martin has written an extremely artisic book. While extremely wordy in parts, it held my interest and pushed me to finish it. As a very visually oriented individual, this conjured enjoyable yet complicated images of a world more interesting than most. I would like to see Martin let his characters actions be revealed without excessive rhetoric, there is an interesting st ...more
Kathryn
I don't give up on books easily but several times whilst I was reading this I was close to putting it down and forgetting about it. It's fair to say this isn't a genre I make a particular point of reading but do enjoy dipping in to occasionally. This however was too wordy, and the rapid and frequent changes of voice made the story quite hard to follow in places. Never the less I persevered and at the end was left feeling that actually I had rather wasted my time pushing myself to finish it, rega ...more
Sarah Castillo
Aug 28, 2011 Sarah Castillo marked it as didn-t-finish  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, fiction
Couldn't get into this book, probably because I like books that have more dialogue. I didn't finish it, or even get to the middle, so I'm not going to rate it. I'd feel comfortable trying it again.
This book is very artistic and high concept. If you're not ready to read something like that, I suggest picking something else up. However, I'd slip this on the to-read for a future read. You never know when you might yearn for the obscure.
Also, this is the only book I've come across that has a decent
Stephanie
This epic story is intersting at best. I've recently in the last year or so have really gotten into these kind-of stories.

This is a story I would like to read again sometime. It's rich in detail. Also, there are some strong characters I liked very much.

The only reason I gave it three stars is because it took me a few chapters to get into it. But I wasn't going to give up on it and I'm glad I didn't.

This is a Goodreads-giveaway.
L
Aug 01, 2011 L is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
The book was delivered while I was on vacation, so I've received it today.
Sandykay
Sandykay marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2015
Sandykay
Sandykay marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2015
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2014
Elss Library
Elss Library marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
Tim
Tim marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2013
Brigitte
Brigitte marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2013
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2013
Ddc
Ddc marked it as to-read
May 21, 2013
Princess
Princess marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2012
mariana
mariana marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2012
Rd
Rd added it
Mar 25, 2012
Kenneth Kwame Welsh
Kenneth Kwame Welsh marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2012
Chelsea
Chelsea marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2012
Bookslut
Bookslut marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2012
Faith
Faith marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2012
Desiree
Desiree marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2012
Benjamin Thornton
Benjamin Thornton marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2012
Squirrel
Squirrel marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2011
Rd
Rd added it
Sep 13, 2011
Farrah
Farrah marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2011
Laureen Cutrona
Laureen Cutrona marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2011