Consider Lily: A Novel

Consider Lily: A Novel

3.4 of 5 stars 3.40  ·  rating details  ·  267 ratings  ·  32 reviews
A tale of love, trials, and faith set against a wonderfully drawn portrait of San Francisco, Consider Lily is chick lit with a heart.
Lily Traywick thinks she must have been adopted. It’s easier than believing she’s actually related to Jane and Roland Traywick, her power-couple parents who own Traywick’s of San Francisco, the most chichi department store on the West Coast....more
Published December 18th 2007 by Broadway (first published June 6th 2006)

Joyanne
Consider Lily does a great job of expressing Christian morals without being overly churchy, which I really appreciate. I actually am able to relate to the main character in the novel and find myself nodding several times throughout the book, and I continue to do that every time I reread it. This book teaches a lesson in staying true to yourself while being open to changing cirumstances around you, and changing any perceptions you might have about certain people, a lesson we can all benefit from....more
Melissa
After reading Emily Ever After, I was so afraid that I wasn't going to like Consider Lily. I LOVED this book.

I felt the characters were well developed, and the story line was cute...even if Lily was a little naive. I loved the quirky characters in the singles group. I loved that they made me feel for Lily...the poor little rich girl. Very cute and easy read.
Allyn Reid
True to my pattern of liking light-hearted books, I enjoyed this one immensely. Its a late-bloomer's coming of age story. I liked that it was someone in their twenties. I really identified with one of her "crazy girlfriend" and best friend scenarios and had me cracking up. A must-read girls!
Melissa
Um, was interesting but finished soft. I didn't get her having to apologize to everyone and make reparations when she was telling the truth. i did like the relationship that evolved with lilly and her mom.
Louise
I am liking these good girl chick-lit reads but I liked The Book of Jane more than this one. I am trying Emily Ever After next.
Lanette
This was a sweet book. I loved the love story. It was clean, moral and a fun story to follow. I really liked it!
Karina
Dan's good friend's wife wrote this book... it's a very humorous Christian chic-lit book!
Princess
Oct 24, 2007 Princess added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: any lady that loves great Christian "Chic-Lit"
Wonderful book about womanhood, maturity, friendships and trusting God in ALL things!
Cindi
Consider Lily by Anne Dayton and May Vanderbilt is set in beautiful San Francisco. Readers will recognize landmarks such as Fisherman's Wharf, Union Square, and Russian Hill. Readers will also recognize the description of the main character's family department store, the chi-chi Traywick's. The authors could easily be describing Saks Fifth Avenue or Bloomingdale's.

Lily Traywick is the only child of Joan and Roland Traywick, and while she works in the department store they own, she doesn't really...more
Lisa O'neal
When I began this book I never thought I would end up giving it 5 stars. It is Christian chick-lit, but didn't force the churchy stuff. It was just a woman's personal experience dealing with faith, dating, career, and friendships. I thought the characters were extremely well developed , even the minor ones. I might explore other books by these authors (there are 2). Funny, engaging read!
Chev E
Consider Lily was one of the worst books I have read in a long time. It was so bad that I actually stopped in the middle. I found the plot slow and the characters insufferable. I thought Lily complained too much and either gave too much or too little credit to her family and friends. She'll go on and on about how someone is amazing and then go on and on some more about how another character is terrible and boring and blah blah blah. It drove me up the wall that Lily, whose parents own a departme...more
Cathy Daniel
I really enjoy the writing and humor at times. I did not enjoy how Lily was treated at times by her family and friends. I thought the guy was an unstable jerk. And Lily was made out to be a weirdo for not wanting her boyfriend to essentially date some other chick! She was right and he never did acknowledge or really apologize for it. Just "lily needs to be more trusting". Eh. Not my favorite.
Gabrielle Louise
I really enjoyed this Christian-Fiction book. It has all of the romance of any YA fiction, but it appeals to those who are active in the Christian community. Not EVERY teen book has to be about sex in order to be good!
Cindi
Good story, liked the characters for the most part. Didn't particularly like some of the actions by the main charcters. A full review can be read in my column for Examiner.com. http://tinyurl.com/24vnw3n
Tanya
This book was okay. I think I've read it before, so maybe that took away from the story, but I just couldn't get into it. I just felt like there wasn't anything pushing me to turn the next page.
Kaye
I suppose I liked this better than Emily Ever After (hence the 3 stars and not 2). The dual author business must lead to the slight disjointedness - similar to The Nanny Diaries.
Mirah W
Cute book about the choices a girl makes when she feels she doesn't fit into her own family. It's what I would label as Christian chick lit. Also liked Emily Ever After by same author.
Amandasaved
A great fun read about a new Christian girl who is figuring out where the lines are between modesty & sex appeal, flirting & friendship, cool and Christian. Totally a fun read!
April
This was a great book. I felt every emotion that Lily felt. I guess I felt that I could relate to her and some of her situations. She's a very likeable character.
Larissa
Dec 19, 2008 Larissa rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Janelle & Heidi
This book started off painfully slow! I am glad I didn't give up. Another great read by Anne and May. Funny story worth the slow start.
Carrie
Almost...but not quite. I had my doubts in the beginning, almost got convinced it was ok in the middle...and they lost me by the end.
Holly
This was pretty good. A book about liking yourself inside and out. A little romance tossed in too :)
Caitlin
Cute Christian chick lit that was memorable, fun, and entertaining. Beach read!
Amanda
This was good mental bubble gum, but not an amazing story.
Carly
Apr 27, 2007 Carly rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Christian lovers of chick lit
Please don't get me started on what a disappointment this book was.
Donna
Like many sequels, not as original or as inspired as the first one...
Linnea Otterstedt
I enjoyed this story! Loved it in San Fran setting!
Mary Dearden
Chick lit, set in San Francisco, has Christian themes
Wamartin
Another cute book...fun, easy read.
Alissa Wilkinson
Very entertaining, and a lot of fun.
  • Too Good To Be True
  • Split Ends: Sometimes the End Is Really the Beginning
  • Perfecting Kate
  • Rematch (Lauren Holbrook, #2)
  • Kissing Adrien
  • A Delirious Summer
  • Lost in Nashvegas
  • Sisters, Ink
  • The Whitney Chronicles
  • Taming Rafe (Noble Legacy #2)
  • Three Weddings and a Giggle
  • Off the Record
The Miracle Girls (Miracle Girls, #1) Emily Ever After The Book of Jane Breaking Up Is Hard to Do (Miracle Girls, #2) A Little Help from My Friends (Miracle Girls, #3)

“The first time is always the hardest...getting your heartbroken. The first time–it's always coming from outer space. You never see it coming, but it will be easier next time.” 1 likes
“I make a mental note to befriend some boring people.” 0 likes