Start by marking “The Virgin Secretary's Impossible Boss” as Want to Read:
The Virgin Secretary's Impossible Boss

The Virgin Secretary's Impossible Boss (International Billionaires #8)

Linus Harrison's masculinity is a little too much for his sensible, bespectacled assistant, Andrea. He makes her heart beat like crazy! And the last thing Andi expects is to have to spend a weekend alone with her wild, irrepressible boss....

Billionaire Linus loves a challenge and relishes his chance to undo Miss Prim and Proper's buttoned-up exterior. It only takes one sno
Kindle Edition, Harlequin Presents #2854, 192 pages
Published by Harlequin Books (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Virgin Secretary's Impossible Boss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Virgin Secretary's Impossible Boss

MelissaB
Wow! This book was pretty bad! It had a lot of exclamation points! And a heroine who was a virgin but wanted the hero so bad that she had to be mean to him so she didn't feel the urge to beg him to ravish her!

Yeah, the writing was very bad and the story was dumb. Here is an example of the crappy writing:

"He wanted Andi. Now!
But they had too many clothes on still.
Both of them!"

Basically, don't waste your time. I am giving two stars because the characters she created were not bad but the writing a
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
This book suffered from a lack of good romantic tension. I just didn't feel much of a spark between Andi and Linus, which was disappointing, since there was good potential. I think this book is one of those identity crisis books where if it had been written twenty years earlier, I think Mortimer would have felt the levity to go there and make Linus the meaner, manipulative hero who propositioned the heroine and went through with it. It would have made for more intense drama. On the other hand, t ...more
Lisa Kay
Snowbound in Scotland!

★★☆☆☆ I should really start letting go of my “snowbound” fantasy. This was a good place to start.
His mouth tightened. “Do you want us to continue working together?”

She grimaced. “I don’t think what I want comes into it, do you?”

“Oh, I think that it does.” He nodded slowly, pale gaze unreadable.
This is the new millennium, isn’t it? Pretty bad when the guy is more aware of woman’s rights that she is.

Danielle
Emona
Mar 23, 2016 Emona rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites
A fun and charming read with spectacular ending to the wonderful International Billionaire series.
thadine
Sep 24, 2011 thadine rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The story begins just after the deaths of Andrea Buttonfield's fiancé and father in a car accident. Andrea is forced to sell her family home to Linus Harrison who offers to hire her as his personal assistant and allow her mother to live in a smaller house on the property. We then skip ahead a year, and Andi and Linus have become friends. We know this because he is now allowed to call her Andi (with an i - how can you tell when you are speaking?). He wants them to go on a business trip to his nat ...more
Literary Escpades
A book that should never be read. Agghhh...... God knows why I even picked up this book. What made me think that i will even appreciate this book. I have no f******** idea.
So what did i just read?????? A man who cant keep his hands of a woman and a woman who, as the title suggested, was a virgin. If anything could be more worse this is a story of a boss and employee.
They are stuck in an inn and have to share a bed and room with each other.
And just like in any stereotypical romance novel involv
Liz Stevens
Oct 27, 2014 Liz Stevens marked it as didn-t-finish
Shelves: own
Dear lord, this book has the most annoying female I've run across in a long while. I swear, I haven't found a single freaking thing to like about her at the halfway point. She's whiny, argumentative, and lashes out constantly at the hero (her boss). I just can't read any more. I don't even care. I like Linus, the hero, he was trying at least, but damn, I would have had to choke this chick.
TSN
"Don't be ridiculous" is what Andy says multiple times and it is more or less what I think of large part of this book. :)
But it is a nice sweet romance.
Pam
this was just ok for me. I felt the heroine to be flat sort of boring. Why did the hero take so long to notice her. and why was he creeping around her mom?
Sandra
Sandra rated it liked it
Sep 29, 2014
Shanelle
Shanelle rated it liked it
Dec 17, 2013
Sarah rated it liked it
Feb 19, 2013
Janice
Janice rated it liked it
Jan 18, 2014
Kimngan Tran
Kimngan Tran rated it did not like it
Apr 15, 2016
Aashna
Aashna rated it liked it
Nov 07, 2016
Chen
Chen rated it it was ok
Jan 19, 2010
Tara
Tara rated it really liked it
Aug 24, 2013
Cindy Somers
Cindy Somers rated it really liked it
Feb 19, 2016
Tizah
Tizah rated it liked it
Aug 28, 2012
Christine
Christine rated it liked it
Apr 04, 2013
Dina
Dina rated it it was ok
Nov 01, 2014
Julie Penner
Julie Penner rated it it was ok
Jun 19, 2014
Kelly
Kelly rated it it was amazing
Jun 19, 2012
Alina Bu
Alina Bu rated it really liked it
Mar 29, 2016
Rachel Coke
Rachel Coke rated it really liked it
May 04, 2016
Dina Hicks machado
Dina Hicks machado rated it it was amazing
Oct 22, 2016
Jennifer Mcpherson
Jennifer Mcpherson rated it it was ok
Aug 05, 2013
Sherry Wright
Sherry Wright rated it it was ok
May 10, 2013
Laura Vazquez
Laura Vazquez rated it it was ok
Sep 24, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • His Untamed Innocent
  • The French Tycoon's Pregnant Mistress (International Billionaires, #3)
  • Wife in Public (Harlequin Presents, #2977)
  • Bound by the Marcolini Diamonds (Marcolini Men, #2) (Harlequin Presents, #2853)
  • The Greek Tycoon's Convenient Wife (Harlequin Presents, #2744)
  • At Her Boss's Bidding
  • The Reluctant Surrender
  • Pirate Tycoon, Forbidden Baby
  • Princess From the Past
  • At the Argentinean Billionaire's Bidding (International Billionaires, #2)
  • Bedded for Passion, Purchased for Pregnancy
  • The Prince's Waitress Wife (International Billionaires, #1)
  • Rafaello's Mistress
  • The Matchmaker Bride
  • The Kanellis Scandal
  • Pleasure, Pregnancy and a Proposition (Harlequin Presents #2809)
  • The Ruthless Billionaire's Virgin (International Billionaires, #4)
I have written almost 200 romance novels in contemporary and Regency.

I am a USA Today Bestselling Author and recipient of the 2015 RWA Lifetime Achievement Award. In 2014 I received a Pioneer of Romance Award from Romantic Times in the US and in 2012 I was recognised by Queen Elizabeth II for my 'outstanding service to literature'.

I am very happily married to Peter with six sons, and live on the
More about Carole Mortimer...

International Billionaires (8 books)
  • The Prince's Waitress Wife (International Billionaires, #1)
  • At the Argentinean Billionaire's Bidding (International Billionaires, #2)
  • The French Tycoon's Pregnant Mistress (International Billionaires, #3)
  • The Ruthless Billionaire's Virgin (International Billionaires, #4)
  • The Italian Count's Defiant Bride (International Billionaires, #5)
  • The Bride's Awakening
  • Blackmailed Into the Greek Tycoon's Bed (International Billionaires, #7)