Start by marking “Merciless (Dominion, #3)” as Want to Read:
Merciless (Dominion, #3)

Merciless (Dominion Trilogy #3)

The climatic showdown in this high-octane series pits an unnamable evil against those still fueled by hope, now available in paperback.
Published May 1st 2009 by Bethany House Publishers (first published July 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Merciless, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Merciless

Cheryl
May 22, 2008 Cheryl rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
I started reading this morning and didn't do much of anything else but read this book. I finished it this evening.

I'm not going to say much, because I'm afraid I'd say too much and spoil the unexpected plot twists and turns that kept me reading most of the day. :-). Suffice it to say, "Merciless" ratchets up the pace and tension set in "Relentless" and "Fearless." The storytelling in "Merciless" also takes on a new format throughout the book, giving the reader a unique vantage point throughout
Jack
May 02, 2013 Jack rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Note: DO NOT READ THIS BOOK OR REVIEW IF YOU HAVE NOT READ THE FIRST TWO BOOKS. Unless you just like having your stories spoiled. And kicking puppies.

Merciless truly seems to describe hell on earth. Grant/Oblivion is marching, somewhat oblivious to humanity's needs/desires, as witnessed by the control of the Ring Bearers. Alive but trapped within their bodies, unable to control anything, mercilessly forced to march unrelentingly through cramps, hunger, exhaustion, etc. And Grant is dead, but he
Andrew Miller
Nov 12, 2016 Andrew Miller rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The final installment in the Dominion trilogy, Merciless picks up right where Fearless left off. Grant Borrows is dead, and in his place is a being later revealed to be the angel of death. With the rest of the Loci falling under the sway of Oblivion, the name given Grant’s form, Daniel, Lisa and Ethan are left to defend the world, which soon proves to be an impossible task. Oblivion systematically begins destroying the earth, corrupting the ground and draining away the oceans. But it turns out h ...more
Richard
Nov 09, 2013 Richard rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Robin Parrish has created a blockbuster trilogy with Relentless, Fearless and now Merciless.

The story follows Grant Borrows, a man who steps off a bus and sees himself walking on the other side of the street. Something has shifted, and when he looks at his reflections, he doesn't recognize himself.

Grant notices a ring on his finger that doesn't seem to want to come off. Plus, he's able to do some strange things with his mind. It's almost as if he's got super powers...

But with these powers comes
Rachelle Sperling
First, I loved the writing style. The story was fast paced and kept me on the edge of my seat. The characters were well developed. I enjoyed the plot and would highly recommend the series.

The action was forefront of the book but the motivations were cleverly woven into the story. The thing that I was disappointed with was where the theology ended. There were numerous references to the Old Testament: Cain and Abel, Noah, Jacob wrestling with the Angel of the Lord and the Angel of Death from Exodu
Evangheline Farcas
The first book was great, the second book was awsome, and this the third book was simply explosive! Here we finally understad the why's behind all our questins. This third book shows how the 'Dominion Stones and Rings' goes back to the begining of creation. Yes it's a work of fiction but in the end Robin Parrish has found a wonderful way to weave the love and sacrifice of Christ into this redemptive book. We see in this book that Grant Borrows has died, or so they think, and Oblivion (The Angel ...more
Ashlee
Jan 17, 2012 Ashlee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book started out a bit slow, frankly. I was just itching for excitment, and I wasn't getting it in the first 12-15 chapters; but don't condemn me yet! This book did, however, end up amazing, of course. 'Cause that's just like Robin Parrish. I was so glad when Robin added a bit more Christian base to this book and the dialog in it, and I was really touched when Grant "died" and Alex found out that Daniel was "Grant" and still loved him. It showed me that she couldn't care less if he was tall ...more
Marliss
Sep 03, 2010 Marliss rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the last book of the Dominion Trilogy. I liked this trilogy, and plan to read it again. As I've said before, one of the things I appreciate is that although there is extreme violence, it doesn't seem to be as graphic as some Christian authors I've read. Others may disagree with me.

There were things I disagreed with in the plot, which I won't discuss so that I don't give anything away. Suffice it to say that the plot is clever and well-thought-out, though occasionally I thought the author
Ted
Jan 23, 2012 Ted rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A decent end to the trilogy, although I feel it ended abruptly. New revelations are real game-changers to the plot and make it possibly the best of the trilogy. The action is consistent but the plot tends to lack the drive of "Relentless", but still keeps your from doing anything but read this book. Once i started reading this book, I was completely sucked in. Parrish is an excellent writer whose prose is similar to that of a male Emily Bronte. Heavily based on christian beliefs but they dont bo ...more
LaShunda
Aug 01, 2016 LaShunda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
What an ending to the saga! Everything I liked about the first two books in the series, with a saturation of the God factor and a peek behind the heavenly veil.
This book tackles the concept of free will and the choices that make us human. I will not say more for fear of spoiling what I am telling you is a wonderful read, but if you have made it thus far in the series but wanted more God then you will not be disappointed.
Margaret Metz
Nov 11, 2010 Margaret Metz rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I didn't get to read books 1 & 2 (I won this book on a blog contest) so it took me a while to catch up with the story and I didn't connect as much with the characters as someone who had read the first two books. It still was a very fast-paced book with a gripping story and surprises around every page. Just when I thought I knew where it was headed... another twist would pop up. I liked it enough that I may go back and look for the first two.
Mark A Powell
Aug 28, 2012 Mark A Powell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In this, the third book of the Dominion Trilogy, the story of Grant Borrows comes to a violent, world-changing conclusion. It’s obvious Parrish had the endgame in mind from the beginning (at least conceptually) of the trilogy and he deserves kudos for allowing the story to resolve itself without tying up every single loose end. This trilogy of books, while not quite capturing the epic feel they strove for, still manages to tell an engrossing tale.
Mark Baker
Mar 20, 2014 Mark Baker rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2009
The Dominion trilogy concludes with our heroes trying to find any way they can to stop Oblivion from unleashing his end game. While some elements made me roll my eyes, for the most part I was pulled into this fantasy story from page one. This one also finally includes some Christian themes.

Read my full review at Carstairs Considers.
Delilah Trenaman
I think that this was a good ending to the trilogy. I really liked all three of the books. The stories were fast paced and there was lots of action. The author did a good job of describing the scenes so that it was easy to picture the story. I am now going to check out the other books written by this author.
Susan Bontly
Aug 29, 2011 Susan Bontly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I picked up all 3 together and read them back to back. Even though this is a Christian publisher, the message is very subtle and would be a good read to recommend to non-Christian friends who like scifi & books with supernatural elements. If you like your books with a fast pace, reasonable character development, and a semi-believable plot about good vs evil, then this is a series for you.
hrh
Jan 26, 2016 hrh rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Apocalyptic fiction is not my preferred genre, hence the two stars. As these types of stories go, this trilogy has a certain original creativity, but I found one major plot twist at the end quite unrealistic as to the two character's reactions to it. It's well-written and fast-paced but as I typed, I don't like such dark atmosphere's permeating 399 pages. YMMV.
Jeff
Feb 25, 2012 Jeff rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Definitely a worthwhile ending to the series. As opposed to the 2nd book, I couldn't put this down. The action is fast and furious, the ending is what you would expect, the denouement comes logically, and it was a lot of fun to read!
Carrol
Mar 18, 2012 Carrol rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Turned out I was disappointed in this book, the last of the trilogy. Just seemed the whole book was slow on action and then when it did come to an end, it was abrupt. So many ways this trilogy could have ended, it could have been better.
Vanessa Roberts
Jul 20, 2011 Vanessa Roberts rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great Ending. Satisfying. This is definately a trilogy that I recommend. Didn't think I'd like it BASED ON THE COVER so the the whole Don't judge a book.... yeah - don't. I would say definitely read the whole trilogy. It's really good :)
Tiffany Molloy
Mar 25, 2011 Tiffany Molloy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
it was the best one of yet!!! although I would of liked the ending to be a little harder to achieve. seemed to me that a being such as oblivion should of been harder to conquer. But it still was a great ending to he story
Aruna Subramanian-spaans
The trilogy seems to be a mix of X-Men, Discovery of Heaven, The Hulk, some cheesy romance and Jason Stratham lines thrown in!! It is hard to read it without thinking the writer was hoping someone would just make a movie out of it!!
Theresa
Nov 30, 2010 Theresa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent trilogy! I would recommend it to anyone who likes a good vs evil read. The characters are well written and can be sympathized with. I like a character that you can become emotionally involved with and these characters you most definitely can.
Heidi
Jan 18, 2009 Heidi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely LOVED the last book in the Dominion Trilogy! The best book I have ever read, and I have read a lot of books! Props to the author!!!

Todd Ryan
Aug 06, 2012 Todd Ryan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

The whole series was good, but the last in the trilogy was by far the best. Riveting, surprising, and action packed to the end.
Sarah "Mir"
Sep 16, 2009 Sarah "Mir" rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Superb! Talk about an amazing ending to a mesmerizing trilogy. Very well written and laid out with many twists I TOTALLY did not expect.
THX
It was ok...elements of Harry Potter (good vs evil)...the last half of the book was much better (moved faster) than the first half of the book (trudging through molasses).
Joyce
Sep 01, 2013 Joyce rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good book and author. Book is well written and kept me guessing throughout the entire series.
Jan 17, 2013 Sarah rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read the whole series. I almost didn't, but I was curious how it all would end. Interesting ideas, a little dark at times, but overall enjoyable. I wouldn't tell anyone not to read it.
Kim S
Jun 08, 2011 Kim S rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I didnt find this one as fast paced as the first two. Still a good book though.
Mizbooks
May 27, 2008 Mizbooks rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: EVERYONE!!!
Recommended to Mizbooks by: no one -- Review book for BethanyHouse.com
Amazing, amazing book! Like a blockbuster thriller, where you're kept on the edge of your seat in suspense!

HIGHLY recommend the whole ("Dominion") trilogy!

Can't Wait! 5 15 Nov 03, 2013 04:04PM
  • As Good as Dead
  • Deadlock (John Hutchinson, #2)
  • Rearview (7 Hours #1)
  • The Deuce (Midtown Blue #1)
  • Death Trap (Robot Wars, #1)
  • Storm (Swipe #3)
  • Necessary Evils (Left Behind Political #3)
  • Temptation (Solitary Tales, #3)
  • Covenant of War (Lion of War, #2)
  • Lost Mission
  • Amber Morn (Kanner Lake Series, #4)
  • Blown Coverage
  • Silenced: The Wrath of God Descends (Underground Zealot, #2)
  • Becca by the Book (Getaway Girls, #3)
  • Waking Lazarus
  • Ruth (Bible #8), ESV
  • The Chair
"Robin Parrish is a keen-eyed, passionate pop cultural savant,
whose writing is as incisive and insightful as it is entertaining."
- Allan Heinberg, Executive Producer, Grey's Anatomy
Novelist. Journalist. Pop culture guru.

Just a few words to describe Robin Parrish, a culturally-minded writer with a passion for archetypal mythologies and the truths they represent about the nature of our existence.

Ro
More about Robin Parrish...

Dominion Trilogy (3 books)
  • Relentless (Dominion, #1)
  • Fearless (Dominion, #2)