Start by marking “One White Rose” as Want to Read:
One White Rose

One White Rose (Claybornes' Brides (Rose Hill) #3)

3.86  ·  Rating Details ·  4,275 Ratings  ·  74 Reviews
The Claybornes are back -- and love is in bloom! First introduced in Julie Garwood's magnificent "New York Times" bestseller "For the Roses," which inspired the Hallmark Hall of Fame television film "Rose Hill," the Clayborne brothers of Blue Belle, Montana, have been embraced by millions worldwide. Now Julie Garwood spins the individual stories of these three spirited bro ...more
Published August 31st 2010 by Pocket Books (first published July 1st 1997)

To ask other readers questions about One White Rose, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One White Rose

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

Another sweet story from Julie Garwood.

I really like Douglas Clayborne. He seemed to be less of a presence in For the Roses and One Pink Rose, so it was a real pleasure getting to know him in this story.

Isabel Grant is a likable character and had many trials to overcome. She and Douglas work together, learn to compromise and everything turns out just fine.

(view spoiler)
~Nichole~  Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews
Rounding up to 5 stars even tho there was a little bit too much push pull for me. It's a true testament of a great author when you simply hang on for the ride when the characters are driving you crazy . Isabelle's stubborn yet brave personality and snarky banter was just so refreshing. Douglas simply took loyal and steady, protective and honorable to a whole different level. I really wanted to shake them but everything just fell in place when it needed to. Little Parker was so adorable and knew ...more
Laura V.
2015 Reading Challenge: #37 Libro con un color en el titulo

-Tienes que dejar de hacer eso.
La gravedad de su tono la hizo sentir un sofoco por todo su cuerpo.
-¿Hacer qué? -preguntó, casi sin aliento.
-Estar cada día más bonita.

Jajaja no me di cuenta de que había elegido otro libro de Garwood para leer hasta que vi la reseña del anterior XD Sabía que me sonaba a algo :'D

Encantador, tierno por momentos, dulce por otros, llevadero, corto y familiar. Me encanta ♥
Isabel es un amor y Douglas es un Cla
Arch
Jasmin
Aug 07, 2010 Jasmin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone looking for a short but sweet read
128 pages. The book is short. I read it in a short span of time. But in that short time, this short book never failed to amaze, frustrate and amaze me again.

The book, despite being short, it did not have any shortcomings for me. It was perfect the way it was. In fact, this is my favorite in the series.

This is Douglas Clayborne's story. After imminent danger of being shot by a woman who's almost going to deliver a child starts a short but touching love story. He went out of the way to claim an A
BJ Rose
I fell in love with the Claybournes the first time I read For the Roses. In that book, Douglas was the brother who first discovered the baby who was thrown in the refuse heap (she became their baby sister Mary Rose), so this role was perfect for him. He travels to a farm to collect the Arabian stallion he had purchased, but instead finds himself delivering the widow's baby during a rainstorm. Then of course he has to stay a while because the doctor says that the premature baby can't be moved fro ...more
Yelania Nightwalker
Douglas llega a casa de Isabel buscando un caballo que había comprado y se encuentra con ella apuntándole con un arma, después de un par de minutos descubre que ella está embarazada y casi a punto de tener al bebé. Isabel es una mujer muy fuerte y muy inteligente, pero está sola. No hay nadie que le pueda brindar ayuda y no le queda de otra más que confiar en Douglas, a quien no conoce de nada. Ambos se quedan atrapados en esa situación sin haberla pedido. Conforme la novela avanza y ellos pasan ...more
Chitra *CJ*
Jun 10, 2016 Chitra *CJ* rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: safety-first
Douglas was such a sweet character. As he goes to purchase his horse from Parker's farm, he meets his widow Isabel, who is in labor and decides to help her out. He also vows to save her from Boyle/the goons who want to take over her land and kind of becomes her knight in shining armor.
I loved the interactions between the main couple and Parker. There is a mild angst when Douglas tries to make Isabel face "reality", but it is resolved quickly.
Really enjoyed this book!!
Safe read
4/5
Natalie
Jun 22, 2012 Natalie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As I did with my review for One Pink Rose, I'm going to keep this review short and sweet.

I won’t bore with details of the story. In my opinion it's quite straightforward: The hero arrives unexpectedly at the heroine's to collect a horse he purchased from the heroine's late husband. Unbeknownst to the hero, he's just arrived at a good moment. The heroine is being threatened by a rich bully who has intimidated the entire town, cut the heroine off from supplies and people in an attempt to force her
Janelle
Apr 04, 2010 Janelle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010
I like this book a little more than One Pink Rose. This sweet romance started when Clayborne brother Douglas shows up to a ranch to collect an Arabian he has purchased from Parker Grant. He is greeted by an angry panting woman pointing a rifle at him in the middle of a thunder storm. He manages to grab the rifle from her and sees she's about to give birth. He learns Isabel Grant has been widowed and held hostage on her property by the vicious and dangerous rancher who not only wants her land but ...more
Canan  ^^
Apr 18, 2012 Canan ^^ rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: wid
Ahh Douglas!! tüm şekerliğine rağmen,bazen cidden kalın kafalı olabiliyorsun.
Kitap yine kısa olması nedeniyle canımı sıktı, çünkü kısa kitap sevmem..Ama hikaye ve olaylar çok güzeldi.Yazar geniş bir çerçevede işleseydi çok daha hariha olacaktı. :)
Douglas satın aldığı atları eski sahibinden almak için düşmüştür yola, varmıştır bilinen istikametteki eve.Ama birde ne görsün, elinde silahıyla onu vurmaya niyetli bir kadın.Aldı mı başına belayı?
İsabel ise kocasını kaybetmiş, ve oldukça kasvetli, yağm
Amelia
Jun 05, 2016 Amelia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
While one Clayborne brother has come across a woman whom he will cherish for the rest of his life, there are still three more men who need to find that special someone. In the second Clayborne Brides book, a normal situation turns into circumstances filled with danger, awe, and unexpected feelings. Julie Garwood packs this entrancing novella with lots of complications, where opinions clash and desire adds to the tension. ONE WHITE ROSE has charming characters plus an abundance of heartfelt emoti ...more
Amanda
Mar 07, 2017 Amanda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've been on a Julie Garwood kick recently. I find her books to be light and fast reads, which is exactly what I'm looking for at the moment.

I liked this book a little more than the first one (One Pink Rose) because I thought it had a little more to the story. I also thought the characters were a little better developed. These still aren't my favorites of Garwood's books but they're such quick easy reads.
Barb Lie
Jun 13, 2016 Barb Lie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One White Rose by Julie Garwood is the 2nd book in her Clayborn Brides series. This is Douglas Clayborne’s time to be the hero, and it was a fun read. When he arrives to pick up the Arabian Stallion that his brother purchased, Douglas finds himself in the midst of a ranch war and a pregnant young lady desperately trying to survive.

Isabel Grant is widowed and alone, close to term on her pregnancy and trying to ward off the town’s wealthy and nasty rancher, who everyone fears. When Douglas arrives
Jen Mays
Rating: 3.5 stars

Review: One of three novellas that came out on the heels of the successful novel For the Roses, these short stories help find love for the Clayborne brothers. Now that their baby sister is happily matched and married, the gruff former street urchins will find their own bits of softness in their harsh world.

The second of the trilogy is about Douglas, the former child thief all grown up and living in the west. When he arrives at the Grant farm to claim the stallion he'd purchased,
Michelle Kelly
Sep 16, 2012 Michelle Kelly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical, 2012-read
Was kinda torn between a 3.5 and a 4.

I really liked this tale. Isabel and Douglas were a great pair to read about.

Douglas stumbles across a very pregnant Isabel in her barn. In fact she almost shoots him. Luckily Douglas showed up when he did because it was that very night she delivers.

Looking back at Isabel's situation, I don't know exactly what she would have done if Douglas has not shown up when he did. She had no food in the house, she was caring fo
Andrea
Aug 02, 2012 Andrea rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Julie Garwood always excells on romantic and action content. She is incredibly talented and I admire her work ver much.
Douglas Clayborne was a luring character, and Isabel Grant had her own charm.
I really liked his protective personality, and the patience with which he proceded in the story. Not all males these days would take care of a woman and her child in need. He was ver honorable and that makes a perfect example to what a gentleman should be.
Even though Isabel was captivating, I wasn't t
Jody
Jen
Next up on Mama Rose's matchmaking agenda is Douglas. When he goes to pick up a horse that he purchased from Parker Grant, he finds himself held at gunpoint by Isabel, Parker's very pregnant wife who is about to deliver their baby.

Douglas later learns that Parker is dead and Isabel is all alone and being terrorized by the local bully who is determined to marry her to get her land.

Douglas vows to stay around long enough to help Isabel recover and deal with Boyle, the bully. What he didn't bargain
Dora Okeyo
This is a very short read. At first I thought it would be like all romance stories, you know-boy meets girl, boy falls in love with girl, breaks her heart then leaves. It was, and to be honest that's how it goes. Romance stories are meant to make you swoon and wish there were people like that in real life and all that, this book will make you swoon not only at the man, but the lady, Isabel is strong and determined to take care of herself and her newborn son called Parker-after her late husband w ...more
Artemiz
Mar 03, 2013 Artemiz rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
I love the Roses series, so sweet stories. And so short, they are more like short stories than novels.
They all have same storyline – one of the brothers, who does not want to get married and a damsel in distress, whom their mother Rose has somehow moved on their way. Usually the bride to be is also reluctant, and there is always some life threatening situation, and boys always go berserk when somebody threatens their woman, but the outcome is always the same – happily ever after.
I just got one
Lai Valenzuela
May 10, 2012 Lai Valenzuela rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"ONE WHITE ROSE" is the story of Douglas Claybourne, the quiet brother. Douglas bought an Arabian horse six months prior, and finally has time to go collect the animal. When he arrives at the home of Parker Grant, he finds Isabel Grant, his wife, giving birth. Soon, Douglas discovers that Parker Grant has died, and Isabel is being harassed by the town bully. The ultimate reason for the harassment of the bully is a surprise, and I won't give it away here. I felt that Isabel and Douglas got to kno ...more
Tasha
Trying to go back and pick up all the Garwood's I've missed. These are fun, quick reads. I've not read a bad Garwood yet, it's nice to know I can count on her for a good read. This is the story of Douglas Clyaborne who ends up helping an expectant and also recently widowed mother get through a really difficult time and bring her child into the world. They also happen to fall in love along the way which is always so fun to watch (read) whatever!
Kelly
Oct 16, 2011 Kelly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, favorites
Had to re-read this one (it's been since the 90s when it came out) to see if it stood the test of time and it did more than that! I was once again glued to the story and cried at the end. Julie Garwood is one of the most fabulous romance writers of my time. I need to work at re-reading her whole collection.
Kathy G.
Feb 17, 2011 Kathy G. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a delightful story. I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was funny and sweet. Isabell is left alone on her ranch, ready to give birth and her husband has passed away. Boyle, an evil man who has taken over the town, wants her---- but is waiting until after the baby. By accident, Douglas comes along and he is thrown into being her protector. Great love story.
Manisha
Another short and sweet read from the THE ROSES trilogy.
Douglas and Isabel were made for each other from the first scene. She needed his masculinity and strength and a little trust and all Douglas needed was a feminine touch in his life.
It was a good story but I coudnt justify Douglas's actions towards the end and the HEA seemed a little abrupt.
Now onto Adam's book.
ErinReadsTooMuch
This one is more of a short novella, and the first of this series I have read. I like the time era and the description of the brothers, though, so I'll be going back to read more. Great short little story, wonderful Hero and Heroine, and the bad guy who gets his comeuppance. I wonder if they are ancestors at all of the infamous Noah Clayborne in the Buchanan series......
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
These Rose books are addictive. I read the first so of course I need to read the others. I find that I enjoy series where a secondary character becomes the main character in a following book. This one is focused Douglas Clayborne. Yum. Ms. Garwood is a good romance writer who I can trust giving me an enjoyable sweet romance.
Lena Donan
Dec 29, 2012 Lena Donan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
O poznanie lepšie spracovanie, ako druhý diel (u nás skoro novela). Výraznejší hrdinovia, lepšia zápletka a nielen kvôli tomu, že sa do cesty priplietlo aj dieťa :) Uveriteľnejší vývoj a spád. Kniha celkovo pripomínala western, ale to mi nevadilo.
Diana
Feb 16, 2008 Diana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Douglas goes to pick up a purchased horse and runs into Isabelle, a pregnant widow being besieged by her husband's murderer.

This story fits much better into the novella. It's more complete and more engaging. Isabelle and Douglas are perfectly matched and have great dialogue.
  • Texas Splendor (Leigh Brothers Texas Trilogy, #3)
  • Carried Away
  • Rogue's Mistress (Dennehy Sisters, #2)
  • Lord of Falcon Ridge (Viking, #4)
  • Angel (Wyoming, #3)
  • Twilight in Texas (McLain #4)
  • When Strangers Marry (Vallerands, #1)
  • Skye (Women of Primrose Creek, #3)
  • The Conquest (Peregrine #2)
  • Wildblossom (The Western Novels/Matthews Novel #2)
  • Without Words
  • Only You (Only, #3)
  • And One Rode West (Cameron Saga: Civil War Trilogy, #3)
With more than 35 million books in print and 26 NEW YORK TIMES bestsellers, Julie Garwood has earned a position among America's favorite fiction writers.

Born and raised in Kansas City, MO, Ms. Garwood attributes much of her success to growing up in a large family of Irish heritage. "The Irish are great storytellers who relish getting all of the details and nuances of every situation. Add in the fa
More about Julie Garwood...

Claybornes' Brides (Rose Hill) (5 books)
  • For the Roses (Rose, #1)
  • One Pink Rose (Rose, #2)
  • One Red Rose (Rose, #4)
  • Come the Spring (Rose, #5)

“Douglas: You really got to stop doing that.
Isabel: Doing what?
Douglas: Getting prettier everyday.”
10 likes