Start by marking “His Wicked Promise (McKay, #2)” as Want to Read:
His Wicked Promise (McKay, #2)

His Wicked Promise (McKay #2)

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  394 ratings  ·  17 reviews
He would take her as his bride...but could she give her heart in return?

When Egan MacBain takes beautiful Glenda MacKay as his bride, it appears that he's done so for the noblest of reasons. In truth, he has vowed at last to claim the woman he's always loved--yet once lost--to another man. But the rugged Highlander is determined to keep his passion hidden while he woos her
Published September 5th 2000 by Avon (first published January 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about His Wicked Promise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His Wicked Promise

Brenda
I had big hopes for this book, but I found there was just too much angst between Egan and Glenda to make the story seem real. Even though they had a child together, both of them were still worrying if the other one really loved them. I can understand this once or even twice in a relationship such as this, but this seemed to be all the story was about.

I know that sex sells and that's why the authors use it, and in some books I have found it adds to the telling of the story. What I hate is when th
Holly
He would take her as his bride...but could she give her heart in return?

I LOVED IT!!!

Egan MacBain is Glenda MacKay's dead husbands friend, when her brother-in-law Cameron MacKay asks him to escort her home and see to her safety he readily agrees. On the way there things change and before we know it Egan and Glenda marry for the "noblest of reasons".

But the rugged Highlander is determined to keep his passion hidden while he woos her with his gentle caress and wicked kisses.

I loved the book, coul
Hanah  Tahir
I really adore unequal love! My heart ached for Egan with this one, and I am still looking for stories just like this.. hope someone could refer me a good book.

Maybe the heroine was annoying, yes! but that's why I love this book! I love Egan's patience.. It was all about Egan I was rooting for all throughout and it still doesn't bore me that I have to reread some parts. Egan's dialogue are worth melting for - at least for me.

WARNING: you'll bump into some wtf moments.
Rebecca (everyday reader)
Egan has loved Glenda for years, but it was a forbidden love because she was married to one of his best friends. Now they have returned to her childhood home a few years after her husbands death and sparks fly between the two. Misunderstandings keep them from admitting their love to each other. Marriages, babies, murders, greedy men and loyalties that become clear make this a great read!!
LJ
His Wicked Promise - Ok
James, Samantha - 2nd in McKay series

Rugged Highlander Egan MacBain marries beautiful widow Glenda MacKay as an act of public nobility, but secretly he vows to win her heart as well.

Glenda was annoying and the dialogue only okay.
Haylie
awesome! Glenda really got on my nerves, she was really selfish in my opinion but i'm glad Egan stuck it out and they had a happily ever after.
Vrsha (PeekAtMyBookReview)
3 ★★★

Spoiler Alert!!!

Well that was me at approximately 200 pages

description

This is my first book from Samantha James and I must admit that I was quite disappointed. At the beginning the story was wOw and I was looking forward to what is going to happen next and the way Egan and Glenda were quarreling was quite fun to read. However arriving at about 150 pages I felt that the same things was going on between the couple…they fought…one stupid misunderstanding…they reconciled…..and then they fought and th
Lelyana Taufik
Cerita nya so so aja, ga terlalu seru walaupun love scene nya seru juga sih...
Apalagi pas aku tau kalo si Egan ini cowok pengeretan , biarpun emang sih di ceritain dia cinta nya sama Glenda (widow of his best friend) sudah lama sekali, tetap aja ada kata2 nya yg dia meminta Glenda menikah, dia bilang kan kita sama2 untung,kamu dapat suami, aku dapat tanah (secara dia miskin abis, rumah aja gak punya!)

Mana ada moment2 WTF !... saat Egan main mata dengan pembokat pake acara cium2an peluk2an segal
Theresa Contreras
this book gets a solid five from me! i fell in love from the start and couldnt put it down! samantha james delievers yet another smash hit for sure. this book has the BEST love/sex ive every read... loved it

after my second read through this book i still love it! i read his wicked ways then went through this one again and i liked it more the second time.. yay!
Ashley
I am a love true love type of gal. Well at least when I am reading a romance novel I am. So I find it difficult to enjoy books about a person losing someone and then moving on with there life and finding someone new. I know that, that happens in reality. But I read silly romance novels to get away from reality. Not be reminded of it.
Frances Fuller
I read trash, enough of it about the same subjects to determine what is barely possible, unlikely,and totaly implausible. This one was so far out on plot, characters, historical setting, and geography, to sink below what is acceptable, even on a "I have nothing to read" desperate day.
Rachel C.
Historical romance. Given to me by a friend culling her bookshelf before moving to CA, so I had low expectations. I liked the hero quite a lot but found the heroine annoying. I've read better by this author.
Sonali Rakesh
This was a very satisfying read. The old world charm of the 12th century is captured well and the lovely bits of sensuality added every now and than makes it beautiful.
Cristina Contilli
"I loro sguardi si incontrarono. I lineamenti di Egan sembravano scolpiti nella pietra; non rivelavano nulla dei suoi pensieri, né gioia né dispiacere."
Jen.
Similar jerky start as the first book in the series, then it hits cruise control for smooth sailing.
Raquel
Raquel marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2014
Eileen
Eileen marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2014
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
Tansieh
Tansieh marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2014
Sumit
Sumit marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2014
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2014
Kelli
Kelli marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2014
Alyssa Stevens
Alyssa Stevens marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2014
  • Baby of Shame
  • The Heir from Nowhere
  • The Price of Pleasure
  • Innocent Secretary...Accidentally Pregnant
  • The Italian's Revenge (Modern Romance, #18)
  • The Greek's Pregnant Lover (Traditional Greek Husbands #2 & Greek Tycoons #7)
  • The Night Before The Wedding
  • Desiring the Highlander (McTiernay Brothers, #3)
  • One Snowy Knight (The Dragons of Challon #3)
  • Bought: The Greek's Baby (Harlequin Presents, #2895)
  • The Highlander's Forbidden Bride (Sinclare Brothers, #4)
  • Bride for a Night
  • Rough Wrangler, Tender Kisses
  • Highland Hellcat (Highlander, #2)
  • Wonderful (Medieval Trilogy, #1)
  • A Highlander Never Surrenders (MacGregors, #2)
  • The Devil of Jedburgh
  • The Education of Mrs. Brimley (Chambers Trilogy, #1)
Growing up in Joliet, Illinois, Samantha James had many childhood aspirations--being a writer was never one of them. When she was ten, she was certain she was destined to be an astronomer. That soon changed (happened a lot during those pre-teen years!) when she decided archaeology was in her future. Detective work was her next goal, thanks to the Trixie Belden mysteries she was reading, and before ...more
More about Samantha James...
A Perfect Bride (Sterling Trilogy, #1) A Perfect Groom (Sterling trilogy, #2) The Secret Passion of Simon Blackwell (McBride Family, #1) His Wicked Ways (McKay, #1) A Perfect Hero (Sterling trilogy, #3)