Start by marking “Hidden Riches” as Want to Read:
Hidden Riches

Hidden Riches

3.97  ·  Rating Details ·  13,691 Ratings  ·  250 Reviews
Antiques dealer Dora Conroy and her tenant, former cop Jed Skimmerhorn, discover that the painting she purchased at auction is a magnet for an international smuggler who will stop at nothing to reclaim his hidden riches.
Published May 1st 1995 by Jove Books (first published July 13th 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Hidden Riches, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hidden Riches

Maria
The suspense is great but the frustration of not being able to warn the characters about something the reader has already read is awesome - and painful. I had a few issues with things that are pet peeves for me, like ignoring a hot meal so the main characters can have sex and ripping a sweatshirt in two to get at a woman - really, who lets their food go cold for sex when you can always have sex later and has anyone tried ripping apart a sweatshirt? You might be able to enlarge a hole that's ...more
Bridget
I am not going to review every Nora Roberts book that I have read in the past because she is quite prolific and it would get redundant and I honestly cannot remember all the plots. I think someone finds someone else attractive but at least one cannot admit it so there is sexual tension, then lots of sex, and then they live happily ever after? Sometimes there is some magic , a family legacy, or a mystery. Certainly not great works of literature (however still 100% better than “the grapes of ...more
Ewa
May 30, 2013 Ewa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: re-read, my-own
I fell in love again <3
Angela James
Re-reading. Made the time on the elliptical and treadmill pass quickly this morning, which is always nice! this is still one of my favorite old-skool Nora books. Her non JD Robb books are always hit and miss for me, but I always enjoy this one.
 Mary
Una trama de suspenso en donde Nora utiliza un recurso que suele usar, donde relata a la par la historia de la pareja protagonista y también del villano de la historia; como si fueran dos hilos conductores en polos opuestos hasta que inevitablemente se encuentran y se desencadena el desastre. Es un recurso un poco raro porque uno ya sabe quien es el malo, no tiene que andar adivinando, pero efectivo ya que el lector sigue leyendo para ver en que momento la vida de todos se cruza.

Dora Conroy es u
Tempo de Ler
Tesouros Escondidos já está há algum tempinho entre nós mas só agora tive oportunidade de o ler. Posso dizer que gostei; o enredo não é extraordinário mas a história é boa e está bem contada. Dificilmente sobressairia no mercado actual, com tanta oferta de thrillers empolgantes e romances arrebatadores.

Gostei da forma como Nora Roberts intercalou o romance com a resolução do problema em mãos que, embora não seja nenhum mistério já que a identidade dos vilões bem como os seus objectivos e motivaç
Thenia
An interesting story about Jed, a traumatized cop who's handed in his badge, Dora, an antique and rarities shop owner from a theatrical family, and a man who will to go any length to acquire the rare things he covets and whose actions will affect all of them.

Jed rents Dora's neighboring apartment and plans to keep to himself, but she gives as good as she gets and piques his interest and he ends up spending more and more time with her. Dora enjoys needling the prickly man who hasn't really quit b
Teechbiz
Apr 05, 2010 Teechbiz rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
My first attempt at reading a Nora Roberts book. I held my nose and chided myself that she was just to much a part of the vernacular to ignore her. I'm not really into romance novels.

I was surprised that it really was much better than I thought it would be. That works out well because someone gave me several of her books saying that I really "MUST" read them.
Carol
Sep 26, 2015 Carol rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Un gran libro para estrenarme con Nora Roberts^^
THEBEAM
สาวดาว เพราะใช้เวลาอ่านนานมากกก
Feb 09, 2013 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars (c'mon GoodReads! Give us half stars!)

I was pretty surprised that I liked this one as I tend to not like her earlier works as much. I believe this was originally written in 1995.

I liked the characters. Jed was sometimes a bit too not nice. But I liked Dora's character a lot. Very fun and relaxed and didn't let his attitude bring hers down.

This was a really fun read. Sometimes there was a tad too much focus on the villains but overall I loved this one. NR really knows how to draw the e
Carrie
TBR Challenge 2011 - I'm using the TBR Challenge to make myself clear out some books that have been on my to-read shelf for a long while. Hidden Riches has been on my list since January 2010.

Dora's quick wit makes this book. Nora Roberts does a great job writing her, and writing the interactions between Dora and Jed. Jed is a complex character, but even though he acts like a jerk on several occasions, he isn't an unlikable person. In fact, his struggles are some of the most realistic I've seen i
Mary
Feb 03, 2015 Mary rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Nora Roberts fans, mystery lovers
Recommended to Mary by: It was a Nora Roberts
Shelves: romance
Parts of this book I really love, parts of this book I skim, and that might be part of the problem for me. I like the parts in her building, in the store, in the apartments over it. I don't care for the scenes where they are traveling all over the place, I don't know why. It's been a while since I read the whole thing but I do read parts of it over and over again. When the two of them are together, it's bright and sparkling and witty, when they are off chasing after whatever it was they chased ...more
Jintana
Oct 11, 2011 Jintana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
นางเอกเปนเจาของรานขายของเกาทีบังเอิญไปไดของเกาทีประมูลมาลอตนึงโดยไมรูวาสินคาทีไดมาเปนของทีมีของมีคาทีถูกโจรกรรมและลักลอบซอนไว และเปนเหตุทำใหเกิดการฆาตกรรมหลายราย

พระเอกเปนตำรวจทีลาออกจากหนาทีการงานเพราะตัวเองเปนสาเหตุใหนองสาวตายจากการลางแคนของมาเฟีย พระเอกทนอยูในบานทีไดรับมรดกจากพอแมทีมีฐานะไมได ประกาศขายบานและมาเชาหองในตึกทีนางเอกเปนเจาของและอาศัยอยู

ภูมิหลังของตัวละครเอกทังสองตางกันอยางกับฟากับเหว นางเอกมาจาครอบครัวทีมีความสุขดวยความรักและความอบอุน ในขณะทีพระเอกมาจากครอบครัวทีแตกแยกและไมมีความสุ
Juliana Philippa
I've been reading Nora Roberts like crazy this summer, and this is definitely my least favorite so far. It was by no means bad and I actually really liked it at first, but I had to convince myself to keep on picking it up this last week so I could finish and I was able to put it aside for 8 days and start/finish other books instead - never a good sign.
Farshana
Aug 11, 2016 Farshana rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: open-lib
A random selection which turned out to be a good one. The best thing about NR books are the variety of work profile she brings on to the table.Like always shes done a wonderful job of creating lovable characters, the bickering between Jed and Dora a real treat!
Kathleen
Aug 27, 2016 Kathleen marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Gonna try this one. This might be a little like my favorite by Nora Roberts, The Witness. A quirky antique dealer and an uptight cop.
Diane Rogers
Jun 22, 2010 Diane Rogers rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is my absolute favorite Nora Roberts book! Which is saying a lot with all the books she has published. The chemisty and interaction between the main characters (as well as the supporting characters) is wonderful.
Mikha ϟ
Apr 14, 2011 Mikha ϟ rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
It was was one my grandpa's books that i just found lying around. I didn't expect to like it, but i did. :)
Ofelia
Jun 21, 2016 Ofelia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Natalia Trujillo
Nov 20, 2016 Natalia Trujillo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Del Selecciones
CorrieGM
Oct 22, 2016 CorrieGM rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Heerlijk boek weer.
Lorraine Montgomery
Isadora (Dora) Conroy and Captain Skimmerhorn (Jed) make unlikely protaganists. Dora, who thrills at the sight of sales and antiques, runs her own shop in Philadelphia and lives upstairs where she has another apartment she rents out for extra income. Jed, a retired police captain has just closed up the large and elegant family home he has inherited because of the terrible memories of his childhood there. He has retired because he feels he's no longer capable of command — he has a rage within ...more
Beata Dobrogoszcz
Oct 10, 2016 Beata Dobrogoszcz rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a fantastic reading for a long weekend and get my head out of everyday life. Once again we got from Nora Roberts: thriller, romance and a good story in one. I love this book and mostly I loved dialogues between the main characters. I know that most of Nora Roberts books circle about the same issues and most of them ends with “happily ever after”. But if you want something to cheer you up, this book is a perfect choice.
Makuka
Mar 16, 2009 Makuka rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dora Conroy tem uma pequena loja de antiguidades e, num leilão de arte, compra um quadro que é muito mais do que parece. Depois há o novo inquilino do apartamento por cima da sua loja, Jed Skimmerhorn, um ex-polícia que tem tanto de rude quanto de charmoso. Mas é ele quem a salva quando a loja é assaltada e Dora descobre que os outros compradores do mesmo leilão estão a ser assassinados. Juntando forças com Dora para descobrir quem está por detrás dos roubos e das mortes, Jed é atraído para a ...more
Ellen
Originally posted on The Canon! {http://canireadeverything.blogspot.co...}

I snagged Hidden Riches off the shelf at my library for one reason: it was the only Nora Roberts book there that I hadn't read yet. I didn't glance at the back, didn't look at the book cover...and, boy, I'm glad I did.

THE CHARACTERS
I was pleasantly surprised by the two main characters in Hidden Riches. Although the character types are fairly familiar - the gruff and reluctant hero falling for the warm, engaging heroine -
Ulrike
Sep 29, 2016 Ulrike rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am re-reading this and debating what to do with it afterwards. I need more space in my bookshelves!!
Typical Nora Roberts.. crime and sex.. I don't think I will keep it.
Ning
Sep 25, 2016 Ning rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: translation
อานไดเพลินมาก แมวาเรืองราวออกจะเนือยๆไปหนอย
แตตัวละครเอาอยู

Nora เปนคนทีสรางตัวละครไดเกงมากๆคนนึง
โดยเฉพาะ ตัวละครทีมีปม ปูมหลังวัยเดกทีนารันทด
แตเติบโตมาและผานมันมาไดแลว ใชชีวิตอยางดี แตยังมีทิงรอยแผลในใจไวอยู .. ถาเจอในเรืองอืนๆ อาจจะมีรำคาญตัวละครเขนนีกันบาง แตนีคือ อานไดเรือยๆเลย

สวนตัวละครฝายดี ในเลมนีนารักนะ มีอารมณขันกันทุกคนเลย โดยเฉพาะนางเอก เวลาพูดมุกตลก ประชดประขันนี นารักดี

ในสวนคดีฆาตกรรม เอือยๆ อานได ไมมีอะไรนาตืนเตน

แตในสวนโรแมนซ นารักดี
อานเพลินดีคะ
Nikita (NjKinny's World of Books & Stuff)

Dora Conroy is from a family of actors and owns an antique shop. She rents her adjacent flat above her shop to Captain Jed Skimmerhorn. Sparks fly at the first glance but Jed is haunted by demons of his past and running from feelings he doesn't want to feel, he is determined to keep his distance from the fiery and all too sexy, Dora.
Dora, on the other hand, believes in going with her feelings and has an expressive heart.
What will happen when these two co
  • The Official Nora Roberts Companion
  • Sharp Edges
  • Three in Death (In Death, #7.5, 12.5, 22.5)
Nora Roberts is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of more than 200 novels, including The Obsession, The Liar, The Collector, Whiskey Beach and coming in June 2017, Come Sundown. She is also the author of the futuristic suspense In Death series written under the pen name J.D. Robb. There are more than 500 million copies of her books in print.
More about Nora Roberts...

“So does that mean you're going to fall in love with me again?
What makes you think i ever stopped?”
44 likes
“And the marriage thing? You'll give it a shot?"
She grinned into the sunlight. It might not have been the world's most romantic proposal, but it suited her. It suited her just fine.”
4 likes