Start by marking “Lion Of Darkness (Harlequin Presents, No 847)” as Want to Read:
Lion Of Darkness (Harlequin Presents, No 847)

Lion Of Darkness (Harlequin Presents, No 847)

He was fallible where she was concerned

After her father's death Cassie summoned the courage to leave home, where she'd been both sheltered and deprived. She turned to an exclusive New York clinic for her only chance for the future.

But Wyatt Field, the remarkable doctor who'd helped so many patients learn to cope with blindness in a sighted world, found himself confounded
Published December 1st 1985 by harlequin

To ask other readers questions about Lion Of Darkness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lion Of Darkness

Saly
Rating 4.25 stars

OMG!I loved this book, this is the second I have read by this author and I am sure I will read more. The heroine is 25 and has been sheltered all her life by her father. She lost her sight when her mother died though the doctor called it hysterical blindness she never recovered it and so her father surrounded her with servants and did not allow her to seek an outside life and because she loved her father she allowed it. Now, her father is dead and as she learns their money is go
boogenhagen
seton
Mar 24, 2013 seton rated it really liked it
Setting: New York

Beautiful doctor falls in love with beautiful hysterically blind girl as they try to unlock the trauma that is preventing her sight.

If you can get over the discomfort of the violation of the doctor-patient relationship when the heroine had already led a singularly insular life which was already a form of abuse, then this was an enjoyable melodrama that reminded me of a 1940s Woman's Film. A whiff of THE SEVENTH VEIL mixed in with MAGNIFICENT OBSESSION, perhaps.

Points for some he
Jacqueline
I'm glad I got a rec from a Goodreads friend for this book because the first time I tried to read it I gave up on the second page. But when I got past that first thing that annoyed me I liked it. The heroine was sweet but naive. The hero was bowled over by her and had a hard time with that whole don't be kissing on your patients thing. I would have been happier if the book had taken place over a longer time period than a week though. I had a hard time believing that the heroine knew what love wa ...more
Booklover
Lurrrrvvveeedd it,intense emotional wonderful book,adored Cassie-Wyatt both suffered so much pain cause of tragedies thrown at them by fate both heal and bring happiness in each other's life's.The story prgressed really good but two things disapoointed me

-Helen was never exposed and did not get paid for her actions
-ohh how i wanted a cute epilogue

Overall a very good read
Recommend it.

PS:Saly special big hugs to you:)
Leona
Sep 10, 2012 Leona rated it really liked it
Shelves: hqn-presents
A mesmerizing read about a young woman's decision to re-enter the world of the sighted having lived most of her life in seclusion after a horrible accident leaves her blinded as a small child.

I found that I enjoyed reading more about how she coped with her blindness than the love angle. I didn't care much for the hero....I found his hatred of the blind unforgiving. His methods for treatment were beyond barbaric. However, the author did an incredible job of letting the reader see the world throu
EeeJay
Dec 04, 2012 EeeJay rated it it was amazing
4.25.(5 star on re-read). An absolute beauty of a tale. *Sigh* One of my most fave HQNS books everrrrrrrrrrr!

Melinda Cross is one of my most fave authors. She's just so understanding of human emotions and her characters are to die for. I'm going promote her books: Read 'What's Right' and 'Pulse of the heartland' (both my absolute personal favorites!)
Siddhee
okay, so i started reading this book because two of my friends were really excited about this, and then I found out...OH MY GOD! is this book amazing or what!

It is so different from the other Harlequins I've read so far, and is so well written that I was a bit sad when it ended. Also, I would have really liked some sort of epilogue, but maybe that's because, I've gotten so used to them. It's not like the ending wasn't perfect, because it totally was.

Cassie is one of the best Harlequin heroines t
KC
This was a well-written, character-driven story by Melinda Cross. The characterizations of the heroine and hero, Cassie and Wyatt, were vividly drawn. They seemed so real to me and because I sympathized with their plights, I was rooting for them to find heir HEA.

Cassie, before she can carve out a happy, independent life for herself and possibly reverse her "hysterical blindness", has to face an emotionally traumatic event in her past that caused this condition. Wyatt, the psychiatrist responsib
♥Aicha~high~on~books♥
Very Different
Very engaging.
A little low on steam but still a thoroughly enjoyable read! :)
Tina
So beautifully written that it makes you cry.
Trina
Jun 03, 2012 Trina rated it it was amazing
THE book that I want if I'm stranded on a deserted island.
Sylvia
Jan 27, 2016 Sylvia rated it liked it
Argumento:
Después de la muerte de su padre, Cassie se armó de valor para marcharse de su hogar, donde había sido, a la vez, protegida e infeliz. Fue a una famosa escuela en Nueva York, buscando una oportunidad para su futuro. Al notable doctor Wyatt Field, quien había ayudado a infinidad de pacientes a aprender a vivir con su ceguera, lo confundía Cassie. Al contrario de ella, él no alcanzaba a comprender por qué le exigía lo que casi era imposible. Por otra parte, intentaba negar la fuerza de u
Ella
Oct 31, 2015 Ella rated it it was amazing
first of all, I read this when I was like fourteen fifteen. my sister borrowed it from our local library and I thought hey let me try it out.... and I LOVED IT.

I loved how naive and clueless the heroine could be! especially since I knew nothing more than she did when I first read it haha.
I'm gonna re read and give a better review when its a bit more fresh in my mind.
April Brookshire
Nov 19, 2014 April Brookshire rated it really liked it
Shelves: harlequin
One of the better Harlequins I've read. I really liked this one and wish there had been an epilogue. The poor hero, having to be cruel to be kind to the heroine. Very well written.
Tash
Tash rated it really liked it
Jun 29, 2012
Deborah
Deborah rated it liked it
Jul 31, 2015
Lavinia
Lavinia rated it did not like it
Mar 12, 2013
Mano
Mano rated it liked it
Jul 13, 2014
Annapoorna
Annapoorna rated it it was amazing
Jul 16, 2012
Verity
Verity rated it it was amazing
Sep 22, 2012
abbra_kadabra
abbra_kadabra rated it really liked it
Jul 03, 2012
Melissa Justal
Melissa Justal rated it it was amazing
Dec 28, 2016
Pink Angel
Pink Angel rated it it was amazing
Oct 31, 2016
Hollie
Aug 25, 2013 Hollie rated it really liked it
Shelves: wow, loose-ends
what about Helen!!!!?
Penelope
Penelope rated it it was amazing
Jun 15, 2014
MomRocks!
MomRocks! rated it really liked it
Jul 19, 2016
Evren 1994
Evren 1994 rated it liked it
Aug 11, 2015
Melanie♥
Andrea
Andrea rated it liked it
Jan 23, 2013