Start by marking “Mary Engelbreit's Fairy Tales: Twelve Timeless Treasures” as Want to Read:
Mary Engelbreit's Fairy Tales: Twelve Timeless Treasures

Mary Engelbreit's Fairy Tales: Twelve Timeless Treasures (Hardcover Read-alouds)

With twelve beloved stories meant for reading aloud and more than one hundred glorious illustrations, Mary Engelbreit's Fairy Tales is destined to become a family favorite!

Every turn of the page brings fresh delight as Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, the Little Mermaid, and others come to life as only Mary Engelbreit could have imagined them.

Images of Rapunzel alone in her

Published October 12th 2010 by HarperCollins (first published October 7th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Mary Engelbreit's Fairy Tales, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mary Engelbreit's Fairy Tales

Chrissi Guarnieri
Feb 06, 2017 Chrissi Guarnieri rated it really liked it
Shelves: kid-lit
Mary Englebreit's rendition of The Princess and the Pea is endearing both in storyline and illustrations. The story had good flow, the characters were more developed than other versions of this story, and the illustrations are bright.
Margaret Chind
Nov 17, 2010 Margaret Chind rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Margaret by: HarperCollinsChildren's
Oh I just about jumped the UPS guy when he brought this to me today! I have fallen in love with Mary Engelbreit through her Mother Goose book and then when I found out that she had a Fairy Tales book coming out! Oh my! This Christmas our big book purchase was Mary Engelbreit's The Night Before Christmas and since we brought it home from Barnes & Noble we have read it every day. AppleBlossom loves to point at the pictures while I read the story and I love to describe things to her and name th ...more
Marlene
Mar 02, 2016 Marlene rated it it was amazing
Fairy Tales: Twelve Timeless Treasures by Mary Engelbreit is just delightful. I read these to my 2 and 4 year old daughters during story time after lunch, and they love the illustrations just as much as I do. Every day, they wanted to see what the following day's story would be and to discuss which characters they could see on the front and back covers. I'm really in love with these illustrations, and loved the "just right" length of each story as well as the details included in it. When my kid ...more
Suedlana Askharia
May 18, 2013 Suedlana Askharia rated it really liked it
This was definitely my favorite version I read on Beauty & The Beast. I absolutely loved the illustrations in this version because they were so colorful and eye catching. Like the other versions Beauty had a ring that could transport her back to her family and to the Beast, she had a bad dream about the Beast dying, and she had two older "snobby" sisters. Another reason I liked this version is because the text wasn't that long and more kids could enjoy the story. (K-3rd grade). This also wou ...more
Becky H.
Jun 30, 2014 Becky H. rated it it was amazing
This has been so fun to read with my little girl that is crazy about princesses. They are beautifully illustrated. I like that the stories don't follow Disney's storyline but rather the more traditional versions. But still keeping the story short enough for a younger child to not loose interest.
We enjoy reading a story each night. When I told her it was time to take it back to the library she begged for us to check it out again.
Includes:
Cinderella -- Beauty and the beast -- Aladdin -- Snow Whi
Elizabeth
Jul 23, 2011 Elizabeth rated it liked it
This is a very sweet collection of fairy tales for children. The illustrations are quite cute and enchanting. The negative for me is that the stories are quite condensed and simplified for little kids. I know it should be expected for a childrens book of fairy tales, but when the beloved fable ended in a picnic or a game of catch, etc. while I inwardly cringed. Despite that, it's the little girls and boys that matter and I feel they will enjoy this book. I'd recommend these treasures for the ado ...more
Tiara Patterson
For this week, instead of reading multiple books, I just read multiple fairy tales in this book. The fairy tales I read were Cinderelle, Beauty and the Beast, and Aladin. Reading these fairy tales reminded me of the days when I was younger and fairy godmothers can come out of nowhere. They usually have a theme associated with them along with the imagination of young minds. One thing I liked about how Engelbreit told the stories was the illistrations that went with it as well as the way the story ...more
Wendy Lawrence
Perfect introduction for toddlers. Not edited beyond recognition, not too violent, but nice, complete stories. I only wish that the illustrations had tried harder to make the stories more clear to the kids--at times they seem more decorative than purposeful and some of the stories could benefit from illustrations of the action.
Heather
Jan 13, 2012 Heather rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Girls 3+
Shelves: children-s-books, inv
As is typical with ME books, the illustrations are wonderful. I also like how she adapts the endings: they all end happily, and don't all end with marriage--which adds more novelty and meaning to the endings (e.g., in the Frog Prince, the prince turns into a playmate the same age as the young princess, and the two are happy being friends). A great introduction to fairy tales for little girls.
Peg
Dec 14, 2010 Peg rated it it was ok
Shelves: picture-books
Over-simplified tellings, with adjusted endings to emphasize strong women, fall flat. There is a reason these old tales have been loved for centuries; no need to rewrite them!
Layla
Jul 01, 2013 Layla rated it really liked it
The illustrations are cute and magical. My daughter really likes this book.
Tanya W
Jul 03, 2011 Tanya W rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens-books
Nice art... fun fairy tales. The younger kids loved it and couldn't wait to read from it every day.
Teri
May 28, 2011 Teri rated it really liked it
Good version of the fairy tales--by 4-year old LOVES it!
Alaina D. Scorsone
Alaina D. Scorsone rated it really liked it
Jul 13, 2016
Brette
Brette rated it it was amazing
Jul 10, 2014
Heather
Heather rated it really liked it
Jun 26, 2014
Verena
Verena rated it it was amazing
Feb 21, 2015
Hannah
Hannah rated it it was amazing
Aug 08, 2016
Erin Hartegan
Erin Hartegan rated it did not like it
Apr 07, 2011
Sunshine ♥
Sunshine ♥ rated it really liked it
Apr 13, 2011
Stacy
Stacy rated it liked it
Aug 08, 2014
Alexandra
Alexandra rated it really liked it
Nov 09, 2011
Lora White
Lora White rated it it was amazing
Feb 06, 2016
Kristina
Kristina rated it liked it
Mar 08, 2012
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it it was amazing
Jun 27, 2013
Gabe D.
Gabe D. rated it liked it
Dec 29, 2013
Wendy
Wendy rated it it was amazing
Nov 30, 2012
Maggie
Maggie rated it it was amazing
Apr 16, 2014
Lorri
Lorri rated it really liked it
Oct 24, 2012
Bfonvill
Bfonvill rated it it was amazing
Jun 20, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
19054
Mary Engelbreit grew up studying the illustrations in the vintage storybooks of her mother’s childhood, and she developed a unique style that harkens back to those simpler times. Mary’s distinctive images have made her a celebrity to millions, who eagerly snap up gift items, calendars, books, fabrics, and more.

Mary’s New York Times bestselling The Night Before Christmas is part of the holiday trad
More about Mary Engelbreit...

Hardcover Read-alouds (4 books)
  • Mary Engelbreit's Mother Goose: One Hundred Best-Loved Verses