Start by marking “Stealing Elections, Revised and Updated” as Want to Read:
Stealing Elections, Revised and Updated

Stealing Elections, Revised and Updated

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  22 ratings  ·  8 reviews
John Fund explores the real divide the country faces with the looming election. Through wary thoughts on voting integrity, he shows how eletions can be decided by the votes of dead people, illegal felon voters, and absentee voters that simply don't exist. If nothing is done to address the growing cynicism about vote counting, rest assured that another close presidential el ...more
Published July 21st 2008 by Encounter Books

To ask other readers questions about Stealing Elections, Revised and Updated, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stealing Elections, Revised and Updated

Nick Anderson
Very well written, even if it is a little biased. I go in and remain someone who thinks voter fraud is being overblown for political reasons, but I have been moved towards the center by Fund. I just don't see how a fair ID requirement that is free, accepts college and other state ID is inherently discriminatory.

The only real issue I have with Fund is that he relies on a few cases where fraud did decide the election, like the Miami mayoral race in the 90's, Indiana's congressional race in the 80
Zachary Custer
Very informative book whether you're a Democrat or a Republican. These issues need to be addressed to avoid big problems in the future. It's your responsibility as citizens/voters to inform yourselves about these problems and help remedy them. Very good book; dates are a little old but no less important to know.
I was 50-some pages into this and so pissed I had to take a break! This was a subject I knew very little about and the examples and details provided here are stunning. It is a bit dated, published before 2008 elections, and I'd love to know how much of the reform in progress at the time has been successful. I'm afraid I know the answer...

Voter fraud? Vote fraud? Rampant across many states and many elections. Fixing this and the tax code would go a long way to restoring American faith in governm
Well researched, lots of examples of the different types of voter fraud committed, as well as debunking some of the accusations thrown about that aren't valid. Some of the types of voter fraud discussed are actually happening right here in my own city, which I never would have previously suspected until I knew what to look for, from reading this book.
John Fund’s Stealing Elections is a concise, easy-to-read description of just how much of a disaster is looming toward us when vote fraud finally catches up to a major election—as may already have happened in places like Florida.
Brendan Steinhauser
I finished this book on the plane back from Chicago. How fitting, I know. It's a great introduction to the serious problems of voter fraud throughout the country. Worth a read for anyone that cares about their vote counting in elections.
Bud Hewlett
Very scary, but dated. It came out shortly before the 2008 election. Fund has a newer, brief update that I want to read. I hope a lot of the problems he mentioned will be corrected before Nov. 2010.
Andrew Kreig
Polemic, not fair account
LebCt313 marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2015
Clif marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2015
Candi marked it as to-read
May 26, 2015
Sharon Kay McGuire
Sharon Kay McGuire marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
Donald Forster
Donald Forster marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2015
Nancy Anderson
Nancy Anderson marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
Jonathan Freed
Jonathan Freed marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2014
Katie Tahuahua
Katie Tahuahua marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2014
Brad Doss
Brad Doss marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2014
Jason marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2013
Susie Horton
Susie Horton marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2013
Joey Bredesen
Joey Bredesen marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2013
Simon Evangelist
Simon Evangelist marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2015
Kelsey added it
May 07, 2013
Nschwart marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2012
Gretchen marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2012
John Fund is an American political journalist and conservative columnist for the website of the Wall Street Journal. He also writes for the Journal's Political Diary newsletter and is a senior editor and columnist for The American Spectator, a conservative monthly publication.
More about John Fund...
Who's Counting?: How Fraudsters and Bureaucrats Put Your Vote at Risk Obama's Enforcer: Eric Holder's Justice Department Stealing Elections: How Voter Fraud Threatens Our Democracy How the Obama Administration Threatens to Undermine Our Elections How the Obama Administration Threatens to Undermine Our Elections (Encounter Broadsides)