Occupancy Estimation and Modeling: Inferring Patterns and Dynamics of Species Occurrence

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  5 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Occupancy Estimation and Modeling is the first book to examine the latest methods in analyzing presence/absence data surveys. Using four classes of models (single-species, single-season; single-species, multiple season; multiple-species, single-season; and multiple-species, multiple-season), the authors discuss the practical sampling situation, present a likelihood-based m...more
Published November 1st 2005 by Academic Press (first published January 1st 2005)

Chris
Jan 28, 2012 Chris added it
I didn't get through the last few chapters before I had to mail it back to my bosses, but I'm counting it on Goodreads anyway. I read what was pertinent for my current job, and I don't anticipate needing to model multiple-species interactions anytime soon. Fairly well-written and logical from my perspective, but I'm not sure how understandable it would be to someone completely unfamiliar with occupancy modelling.
Jasmin
Extremely insightful and detailed look at occupancy estimation and modeling. However, it is very dense and full of difficult concepts which often made it challenging for me (someone very new to modeling) to understand and find what I needed.
Ben Rawson
Sep 12, 2007 Ben Rawson rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: boring people
Shelves: technical
great read, looking forward to trying to put some of this stuff into practice
Durga
Durga marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
Elani
Elani marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2014
Ели
Ели marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2014
Yang
Yang marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2013
Seth
Seth is currently reading it
Feb 24, 2013
Helven
Helven marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2013
Rebecca
Rebecca is currently reading it
Dec 03, 2009
Shelly
Shelly added it
Jul 17, 2009
Agung
Agung is currently reading it
May 07, 2009

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »