Start by marking “Breaking Point (Troubleshooters, #9)” as Want to Read:
Breaking Point (Troubleshooters, #9)

Breaking Point (Troubleshooters #9)

4.24  ·  Rating Details ·  7,213 Ratings  ·  267 Reviews
Uncommon valor in the line of duty and unconditional devotion in the name of love are the salient qualities of the daring men and women who risk it all in the heart-pounding thrillers of New York Times bestselling author Suzanne Brockmann. Crafted with precision and power, her characters come alive with a depth of emotion few writers have achieved. Now, with Breaking Point ...more
Paperback, Large Print, 640 pages
Published August 15th 2006 by Random House Large Print (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Breaking Point, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Breaking Point

Shawna
Sandra ~ ♥ Cross My Heart ♥
Wow! Talk about emotional overload! Breaking Point is aptly titled on so many different levels. Bearing witness to the emotional breakdown of Max Bhagat delivered a knockout punch straight to my heart. Just when I think this series can't possibly get any better, it proves me wrong. As always, I love the multiple story lines, flawlessly woven into one beautiful, yet immensely tense read. What surprised me most about this one is that I loved it even though the entire Troubleshooters team did not c ...more
¸. • * ° *❧Gwendolyn❧•°**★❧ •°**★
3 Action Packed Love Me Tender Stars!

This is Max's Love story. And, he has a lot in common with Elvis Presley.

Max, sigh....

I have never fell in love with Gina, I just felt Max could do better. She has a hugh heart and has been through so much but, she to me is not really a heroine but a damsel in distress. And that is so not my thing. Yet, I have waited since forever for his love story. He is one of my fav. He has always been and always will be swoon worthy, he is gorgeous and perfect. And, man
Miriam
Jan 19, 2010 Miriam rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adventure
As often in this series, Brockmann includes two romantic pairings. More frequently she will resolve a storyline from an earlier book while introducing an additional pairing that may or may not be resolved in the same book (some particularly fraught relationships need several books to work things out). In this case, both stories began several books (and several elapsed years of fictional time) earlier, with Molly and Grady upstaging the heroes Ken and Savannah in Out of Control and Max repeatedly ...more
Robin
Aug 27, 2008 Robin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay, Okay. I'm a Max fan. I'm a Jules fan. I'm a Gina fan. So why wasn't this a 5 star book?

Yeah, I don't know either. It just wasn't. The book was good, don't get me wrong. Parts of it were extraordinary, actually. The plot was great, although the reasoning behind it was a little weak for me. I didn't buy it after a certain point.

The action was great, although it was a little too unlikely.

Jules as Max was wonderful. More than meets the eye, definitely. He can be just as Max-esque as Max, an
Hildy
Dec 20, 2014 Hildy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars. This was my favourite of the series so far! Woot!

To say I've been looking forward to this book is an understatement. I've been dying to get to Max's story since Book 3. I was a little ticked off that I had to wait that long since I'm not really that patient of a person. Sure, the book had long been written but I'm not someone who usually reads a whole series all at once. Luckily I've had some time off recently and I breezed through this in two days. This was fantastic!

I've always th
Robin
Sep 17, 2016 Robin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When FBI Commander Max Bhagat learns that his long-time love, Gina Vitagliano, has been killed in a terrorist bombing, he rushes to Germany to identify her body. But the woman in the morgue is not Gina. When Max learns that Gina and her friend, Molly Anderson, have been kidnapped, he and Jules Cassidy join forces with Molly's husband, Grady Morant (aka: David Jones) to search for the women.

The ninth book in Suzanne Brockmann's Troubleshooters series is action-packed. Since being introduced in th
Anita
Jul 07, 2012 Anita rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romantic-supense
I am so glad that SB has moved off the WWII backstories. I enjoyed them, but am glad she has decided to try something different. In Breaking Point we have two backstories that merge into present day.

We get Max/Gina and Molly/Jones in this book. The present day starts with a terrorist bombing in Hamburg, Germany in which Gina is named as one of the victims. Max has a melt down and Jules is there to scoop him up. Backstory #1 is what happened over a year and a half ago When Max was shot in Florida
Contrarius
Brockmann seems to have run out of both moral lessons and WWII stories in this installment of the series. I haven't been reading every book in the series, but this is the first I've come across so far that hasn't had both a big overriding "point" and a WWII subplot to emphasize that point.

Without those elements, this is a less interesting, and more typical, action-adventure-romance story. There's nothing particularly fascinating here -- although we do get to know one of the most interesting rec
Wendy F
I feel terrible! I feel terrible that I didn't enjoy this book nearly as much as I was hoping to.

I have been waiting and waiting for the Jones/Molly and Max/Gina book, but (for me) it just didn't live up to my anticipation. The first 60% of this installment was done mostly in flashbacks and it was like you were in a never ending prologue. Then, somewhere around the 60% mark all the action picked up, and it was harder to stop reading but... there wasn't an opportunity to really get into it.

I thi
Pamela(AllHoney)
The ninth book in Suzanne Brockmann's Troubleshooters series. Max Bhagat and Gina Vitagliano were introduced in previous books.

I know a lot of people love this series but truthfully I don't know why I keep at it. There is usually too many storylines going on and some that carry over through several books. Not my favorite style of writing. I will admit I struggled through this.
Charlene
Max, Gina, Grady, Molly - they get their story; add in Jules, some really bad guys and off the map locations (not in a good way), and what's not to keep you turning pages?

No WW II story in this one; there wouldn't have been room, but characters from previous books had their own terrifying adventures.

Andrea Hussey
Tara
In this book we see Max & Gina's relationship such as it's been since the Sam/Alyssa book. We also revisit Molly & Jones from the WIldcard book, and we get a little Jules, which is never enough.

Sigh. I think I've grown tired of Suzanne Brockmann's heroines. Or maybe it's just me. I'm just not feeling the love between the main characters in these books lately. In this case it feels like Gina pushed Max until he finally relented. A lot of the book is them just rehashing the same old argum
LaFleurBleue
I expected better from this book which disappointed me for several things.
First, it's awfully slow to start, with like 4 different story lines in parallel, 3 of whom flashback to different periods - and those last until almost half of the book. Regarding Max and Gina's past, I felt there was not much new that I did not already remember from previous books, so that also contributed to my feeling of boredom.
Then, what deeply irritated me was several misconceptions about Indonesia and the totally t
Tash
Mar 03, 2013 Tash rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: april, 2013
So I have finally finished this book. I guess it took me awhile because of my crazy busy schedule but alot had to do with the first half of the book. I was already tired of hearing how Max screwed up things between him and Gina and how he believed that pushing her away was the right thing to do. I wanted someone to kick some sense into his stubborn head. For a real smart FBI negotiator, he really sucked when it came to his personal life. As for Gina, I liked her. She is far more mature than the ...more
jenjn79
Miraphora
Apr 12, 2013 Miraphora rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shabby Girl ~ aka Lady Victoria
I’d been waiting to read this book for ages as I love, adore, worship Molly and Jones and after reading the start of Gina and Max‘s story in the third book, I’ve been so looking forward to their story, so I was jumping up and down with happiness when I realised they were both going to be in the same book. Kill two birds with one stone, so to speak. I have to say, the story definitely lived up to my hopes and expectations. I really loved it.

We got to know Max and Gina a lot more in this book and,
Kath
Feb 04, 2009 Kath rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I got this audiobook and got through the first CD before I realized there was a back story (by checking out Amazon). I then went back and read books 2-6 in this series. If you don't at least read books 3 and 4, you'll be missing out on Max and Gina's (book 3) and Jones and Molly's (book 4) story. You'll also get some background on Jules, who shows up a lot in this series. As a bonus you'll see the Sam and Alyssa story in books 2 - 6. (which is AMAZING)

This was a great audio listen and I found th
PepperP0t
3.5stars really
Took a little for me to get into because I am not a fan for flashbacks. While this read didn’t contain true flashbacks it was the jumps in time that didn’t work for me. That being said, this read takes us to the early days of Max at the Bureau and shows us their tumultuous relationship to bring us up to date, when a report that Gina has been killed is brought to Max’s attention. As he goes off to claim her body he finds things are not as they seem. Ex-SEAL Jones’ romance with Moll
Michelle
Mar 02, 2009 Michelle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mareli
Jan 15, 2012 Mareli rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really suffered through the whole book. I hate, hate, hate when the hero and the heroine are separated and in this book, both my heroines were far, far like the other side of the world far, from their men (and rescuers!).

But on the other hand, seeing Max and Jules work together was wonderful!

The book begins with Max and Jules flying to Germany, because they had to recognize Gina corpse, dead in an explosion, before sending her back to her family. Only that Gina corpse is not where it's expect
Jacqueline
This is one of my favorites from the series. Max finally gives in to his feelings for Gina. The scenes before he realizes that she is still alive are very intense. They also set him up to give in to his feelings for her as he realizes that life is short and love is not to be turned away. I also love the conclusion of Grady and Molly's story. I love Grady. His life is pretty heart rending and he deserves his HEA.

The suspense part is well done and believable and Jules is on the top of his game her
Susan
Oct 23, 2010 Susan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of my least favorite TS books, although Brockmann writes so well that even my less-favorites are always included in a series re-read.

This is finally Max and Gina's book but it's told in a crazy time-hopping manner that shows Suz's skill as a writer but doesn't appeal to me personally. A number of things don't actually: Max's desperate need to push Gina away, Gina's personal style (I just don't get the sense she and I would be friends, so I don't feel as invested in her journey), even Molly a
Cheryl Meares
This book had me going. Max and Gina who you first met in Gone Too Far are so in love, but Max is determined to push her away. When he finds out that Gina is killed in a terrorist attack he along with FBI agent Jules Cassidy run to the rescue deteremined to find out what happened.

You'll love this book too. You'll also see Jones and Molly again who you first met in Out of Control.

Sexy, lots of action, great characters with lots of personality. If you read any of the Troubleshooters series you MUS
Angela
May 26, 2008 Angela rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
While this book tells an interesting and potentially compelling story--the first half of the book is told in a series of confusing, difficult to follow, and in my opinion unnecessary flashbacks by the author. Once the story reaches the mid-point and is told completely in the present tense voice it's a decent read.
Lea
May 30, 2009 Lea rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I was really expecting this to be a quick thriller to read on vacation, but it got really bogged down in all the relationship crap, especially towards the end. No wonder men drop women for talking too much about their relationship! I literally skipped over all the stupid relationship dialogue. The author should have left it out and focused more on a good, complex story.
Carie Mari
Sep 25, 2012 Carie Mari rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I really wanted to love this book. Again, the plot is fantastic and the writing is great, but Max's resistance to Gina, although moral and wonderful, just struck me the wrong way. This has one star only because of my own personal issues with the plot and not because of a bad plot.
Noelia
Mi primera novela de Suzanne Brockmann y fue un descubrimiento, una novela larga llena de acción y aventuras desde el principio. Es una novela en un punto avanzado de la serie y me hubiera gustado saber más de la forma tan increíble en la que se conocieron los protagonistas.
Linda Howard Book...: April Buddy Read: Breaking Point by Suzanne Brockmann (Troubleshooters #9) 8 9 May 01, 2017 11:52PM
J.D. Robb : Breaking Point by Suzanne Brockmann (Troubleshooters #9) - September 2016 - SPOILER ZONE 34 20 Oct 20, 2016 05:23PM
genre 8 55 Jun 13, 2012 06:43AM
Bored 1 21 Jan 17, 2012 10:27PM
  • Next to Die (SEAL Team 12, #4)
  • Into the Dark (The Bodyguards, #6)
  • In Too Deep (T-FLAC, #4)
  • Crazy Wild (Steele Street, #3)
  • Naked Edge (I-Team, #4)
  • Hold on Tight (Hold Trilogy, #3)
  • Breakpoint (High Risk, #4)
After childhood plans to become the captain of a starship didn’t pan out, Suzanne Brockmann took her fascination with military history, her respect for the men and women who serve, her reverence for diversity, and her love of storytelling, and explored brave new worlds as a bestselling romance author. Over the past twenty-five years she has written more than fifty-five novels, including her award- ...more
More about Suzanne Brockmann...

Troubleshooters (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • The Unsung Hero (Troubleshooters, #1)
  • The Defiant Hero (Troubleshooters, #2)
  • Over the Edge (Troubleshooters, #3)
  • Out of Control (Troubleshooters, #4)
  • Into the Night (Troubleshooters, #5)
  • Gone Too Far (Troubleshooters, #6)
  • Flashpoint (Troubleshooters, #7)
  • Hot Target (Troubleshooters, #8)
  • Into the Storm (Troubleshooters, #10)
  • Force of Nature (Troubleshooters, #11)

“Mol, it's not probably nothing if they fucking want you to go to Germany."
She winced, and he turned to the people-mostly women- who were filling most of those waiting room seat.
"Excuse me. This doctor thinks my wife, whom I love more than life, has breast cancer, so I'm going to say fuck probably about ten more times. Is that okay with all of you?”
12 likes
“I love quick,” Gina said. “And come on, I’m getting jealous here. Was it zero sex last year for you,
too?”
“Yes,” he admitted. “I love you, you weren’t there—what was I going to do?”
“Are you actually embarrassed, ” she asked, “because you weren’t some kind of man-ho and—”
“No,” Max said. “I’m embarrassed that it took me an entire fucking year and a half and the worst scare
of my life to figure out that I can’t live without you.”
5 likes