100 Countries, 5,000 Ideas: Where to Go, When to Go, What to See, What to Do

100 Countries, 5,000 Ideas: Where to Go, When to Go, What to See, What to Do

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  36 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Following up on the enormous success of the Journeys of a Lifetime series of travel gift books, National Geographic bring you 100 Countries, 5000 Ideas, a large-format, lavishly illustrated, softcover travel planner. This essential travel companion to one hundred of the world's most fascinating countries is packed with more than 250 big, colorful images, 110 original, deta...more
Published February 15th 2011 by National Geographic

1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die by Peter Boxall1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die by Stephen Farthing1001 Children's Books You Must Read Before You Grow Up by Julia Eccleshare1001 Movies You Must See Before You Die by Steven Jay Schneider1001 Songs You Must Hear Before You Die by Robert Dimery
A List of Lists
41st out of 216 books — 18 voters
In Focus by Leah Bendavid-ValGypsies by Bart McDowellHelen's Eyes by Marfe Ferguson DelanoNational Geographic Backyard Guide to the Birds of North America by Jonathan AlderferNational Geographic by National Geographic Society
Books published by National Geographic
43rd out of 60 books — 1 voter

More lists with this book...

Brian
This beautifully written book is not meant to be read cover to cover. It contains 100 countries, like the title suggestions, and within those are activities that can be done, cities and sights that should be visited. I especially was fascinated and interested in the information about the safety in each country. There were many countries that I thought weren't' safe but apparently are. This book definitely gave me some wanderlust!
Samantha
This book was bought for me while I was spending some time away in hospital. I am so glad this was given to me, as it kept me entertained for hours.

The book is broken down into different countries in alphabetical order. On each page there is a map of the county, some facts and pros and cons. There is also info on the weather for the best time to visit for different activities.

I cannot actually do this book justice when writing a review as it is so fantastic you have to see for yourself. It has...more
Lauren
I probably shouldn't be allowed to read books like this because it gives me such insatiable wanderlust... not the right thing for an unemployed person to have! The format of the book is very helpful with the eponymous 100 countries listed in alphabetical order. Each section highlights basic facts and tips about the featured destination, and a sidebar column also provides info on the Pros/Cons and Safety Tips for different regions within the country.

I was able to brush up on some geography and a...more
Helga
This book is fabulous to read and filled with different vacation destinations. It's the kind of book that a person can keep referencing to get more information about desired vacation spots.
Neil
Nicely done. It's not heavy in specifics about particular sites, but it does give a good overview of the countries and is a fun way to make wish lists about future vacations. I particularly liked the entries about safety and cost of travel in each country, although the cost information could have been presented in a more consistent format.
Tim
not sure much of this was digestible. it certainly doesn't work to pull out on your vacations. and they skipped some pretty great countries too. i mean, lovely idea. can't do 4900 of these. won't visit half these countries. it's fine. just changed it from 2 to 3 stars...
I loved the format for this book and actually read it from front to back. I like how it outlines important information and is consistent with it's format throughout.
Milica Divanovic
Milica Divanovic marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Brittany Stone
Brittany Stone marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2014
Sarahcon
Sarahcon marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
Dustin Washburn
Dustin Washburn is currently reading it
Jun 27, 2014
Jeannie
Jeannie marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2014
Shrinkhla
Shrinkhla marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2014
Cassie
Cassie marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2014
Ashley Jamison
Ashley Jamison is currently reading it
Mar 16, 2014
Kat Marques
Kat Marques marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2014
Shahrban Al
Shahrban Al marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2014
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2014
Bianca
Bianca marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2014
Maya Jb
Maya Jb marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2014
Anastasia
Anastasia marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2014
Ll
Ll marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2014
Mackenzie
Mackenzie marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2014
Thomas
Thomas marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2014
Mali Khan
Mali Khan marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
National Geographic: The Photographs Journeys of a Lifetime: 500 of the World's Greatest Trips Through the Lens: National Geographic's Greatest Photographs National Geographic Field Guide to the Birds of North America Weird But True: 300 Outrageous Facts