Start by marking “100 Countries, 5,000 Ideas: Where to Go, When to Go, What to See, What to Do” as Want to Read:
100 Countries, 5,000 Ideas: Where to Go, When to Go, What to See, What to Do

100 Countries, 5,000 Ideas: Where to Go, When to Go, What to See, What to Do

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  43 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Following up on the enormous success of the Journeys of a Lifetime series of travel gift books, National Geographic bring you 100 Countries, 5000 Ideas, a large-format, lavishly illustrated, softcover travel planner. This essential travel companion to one hundred of the world's most fascinating countries is packed with more than 250 big, colorful images, 110 original, deta ...more
Published February 15th 2011 by National Geographic

1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die by Peter Boxall1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die by Stephen Farthing1001 Children's Books You Must Read Before You Grow Up by Julia Eccleshare1001 Movies You Must See Before You Die by Steven Jay Schneider1001 Songs You Must Hear Before You Die by Robert Dimery
A List of Lists
41st out of 216 books — 18 voters
In Focus by Leah Bendavid-ValGypsies by Bart McDowellHelen's Eyes by Marfe Ferguson DelanoNational Geographic Backyard Guide to the Birds of North America by Jonathan AlderferNational Geographic by National Geographic Society
Books published by National Geographic
43rd out of 60 books — 1 voter

More lists with this book...

Brian
This beautifully written book is not meant to be read cover to cover. It contains 100 countries, like the title suggestions, and within those are activities that can be done, cities and sights that should be visited. I especially was fascinated and interested in the information about the safety in each country. There were many countries that I thought weren't' safe but apparently are. This book definitely gave me some wanderlust!
Samantha
This book was bought for me while I was spending some time away in hospital. I am so glad this was given to me, as it kept me entertained for hours.

The book is broken down into different countries in alphabetical order. On each page there is a map of the county, some facts and pros and cons. There is also info on the weather for the best time to visit for different activities.

I cannot actually do this book justice when writing a review as it is so fantastic you have to see for yourself. It has
Lauren
I probably shouldn't be allowed to read books like this because it gives me such insatiable wanderlust... not the right thing for an unemployed person to have! The format of the book is very helpful with the eponymous 100 countries listed in alphabetical order. Each section highlights basic facts and tips about the featured destination, and a sidebar column also provides info on the Pros/Cons and Safety Tips for different regions within the country.

I was able to brush up on some geography and a
Helga
This book is fabulous to read and filled with different vacation destinations. It's the kind of book that a person can keep referencing to get more information about desired vacation spots.
Neil
Nicely done. It's not heavy in specifics about particular sites, but it does give a good overview of the countries and is a fun way to make wish lists about future vacations. I particularly liked the entries about safety and cost of travel in each country, although the cost information could have been presented in a more consistent format.
Tim
not sure much of this was digestible. it certainly doesn't work to pull out on your vacations. and they skipped some pretty great countries too. i mean, lovely idea. can't do 4900 of these. won't visit half these countries. it's fine. just changed it from 2 to 3 stars...
I loved the format for this book and actually read it from front to back. I like how it outlines important information and is consistent with it's format throughout.
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2014
Jake
Jake marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
M_agunngh
M_agunngh marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2014
Michaela Šrajerová
Michaela Šrajerová marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2014
Sheryl
Sheryl is currently reading it
Nov 01, 2014
Ghada A
Ghada A marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2014
Suey
Suey marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
Andrew
Andrew added it
Oct 18, 2014
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2014
Yucel
Yucel marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2014
Maria
Maria marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
Milica Divanovic
Milica Divanovic marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Brittany Stone
Brittany Stone marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
Dustin Washburn
Dustin Washburn is currently reading it
Jun 27, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
National Geographic: The Photographs Journeys of a Lifetime: 500 of the World's Greatest Trips Through the Lens: National Geographic's Greatest Photographs National Geographic Field Guide to the Birds of North America National Geographic Guide to the National Parks of the United States