Start by marking “100 Countries, 5,000 Ideas: Where to Go, When to Go, What to See, What to Do” as Want to Read:
100 Countries, 5,000 Ideas: Where to Go, When to Go, What to See, What to Do

100 Countries, 5,000 Ideas: Where to Go, When to Go, What to See, What to Do

3.89  ·  Rating Details  ·  54 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Following up on the enormous success of the Journeys of a Lifetime series of travel gift books, National Geographic bring you 100 Countries, 5000 Ideas, a large-format, lavishly illustrated, softcover travel planner. This essential travel companion to one hundred of the world's most fascinating countries is packed with more than 250 big, colorful images, 110 original, deta ...more
Published February 15th 2011 by National Geographic

1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die by Peter Boxall1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die by Stephen FarthingWIN THE HEART OF A WOMAN OF YOUR DREAMS by Sahara SandersROMANTIC ACTIVITIES AND SURPRISES by Sahara SandersWAYS TO PROPOSE by Sahara Sanders
A List of Lists
55th out of 229 books — 23 voters
In Focus by Leah Bendavid-ValGypsies by Bart McDowellHelen's Eyes by Marfe Ferguson DelanoNational Geographic Backyard Guide to the Birds of North America by Jonathan AlderferNational Geographic by National Geographic Society
Books published by National Geographic
43rd out of 60 books — 1 voter

More lists with this book...

Brian
Jul 14, 2011 Brian rated it really liked it
This beautifully written book is not meant to be read cover to cover. It contains 100 countries, like the title suggestions, and within those are activities that can be done, cities and sights that should be visited. I especially was fascinated and interested in the information about the safety in each country. There were many countries that I thought weren't' safe but apparently are. This book definitely gave me some wanderlust!
Samantha
Jan 13, 2014 Samantha rated it it was amazing
This book was bought for me while I was spending some time away in hospital. I am so glad this was given to me, as it kept me entertained for hours.

The book is broken down into different countries in alphabetical order. On each page there is a map of the county, some facts and pros and cons. There is also info on the weather for the best time to visit for different activities.

I cannot actually do this book justice when writing a review as it is so fantastic you have to see for yourself. It has
Lauren
Jun 17, 2011 Lauren rated it really liked it
Shelves: travel
I probably shouldn't be allowed to read books like this because it gives me such insatiable wanderlust... not the right thing for an unemployed person to have! The format of the book is very helpful with the eponymous 100 countries listed in alphabetical order. Each section highlights basic facts and tips about the featured destination, and a sidebar column also provides info on the Pros/Cons and Safety Tips for different regions within the country.

I was able to brush up on some geography and a
Helga
Feb 02, 2014 Helga rated it liked it
This book is fabulous to read and filled with different vacation destinations. It's the kind of book that a person can keep referencing to get more information about desired vacation spots.
Neil
Jul 18, 2011 Neil rated it liked it
Nicely done. It's not heavy in specifics about particular sites, but it does give a good overview of the countries and is a fun way to make wish lists about future vacations. I particularly liked the entries about safety and cost of travel in each country, although the cost information could have been presented in a more consistent format.
Tim
Sep 18, 2013 Tim rated it liked it
Shelves: coffee-table, travel
not sure much of this was digestible. it certainly doesn't work to pull out on your vacations. and they skipped some pretty great countries too. i mean, lovely idea. can't do 4900 of these. won't visit half these countries. it's fine. just changed it from 2 to 3 stars...
Apr 30, 2013 Laura rated it it was amazing
I loved the format for this book and actually read it from front to back. I like how it outlines important information and is consistent with it's format throughout.
Lindsey Mielke
Lindsey Mielke marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2016
Zach Mikuska
Zach Mikuska marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2016
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2016
Erin
Erin marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2016
Nathalie
Nathalie marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2016
Chris M
Chris M marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2016
Jamie95
Jamie95 marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2016
Kate
Kate added it
Jan 16, 2016
Shawn
Shawn marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2016
Maryam
Maryam marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2016
Jesse Reason
Jesse Reason rated it really liked it
Dec 28, 2015
Nina
Nina marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2015
Stacey Daly
Stacey Daly marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2015
Salman
Salman rated it liked it
Jan 21, 2016
Buttface_killa
Buttface_killa marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2015
Austin Bunton
Austin Bunton marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2015
Monda (Maha)
Monda (Maha) marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2015
Wasimullah
Wasimullah marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Where To Go When (Eyewitness Travel Guides)
  • 1000 Ultimate Experiences
  • 1001 Historic Sites You Must See Before You Die
  • And Home Was Kariakoo: A Memoir of East Africa
  • 1001 Natural Wonders: You Must See Before You Die
  • Hawaii the Big Island Revealed: The Ultimate Guidebook
  • Chicken Soup for the Nature Lover's Soul: Inspiring Stories of Joy, Insight and Adventure in the Great Outdoors
  • Volcano Cowboys: The Rocky Evolution of a Dangerous Science
  • Fodor's New York City 2012
  • Off the Tourist Trail: 1,000 Unexpected Travel Alternatives
  • 1001 Escapes to Experience Before You Die
  • Beauty Tips from Moose Jaw: Travels in Search of Canada
  • Rick Steves' London 2007 (Rick Steves' City and Regional Guides)
  • Make the Most of Your Time on Earth