Start by marking “100 Countries, 5,000 Ideas: Where to Go, When to Go, What to See, What to Do” as Want to Read:
100 Countries, 5,000 Ideas: Where to Go, When to Go, What to See, What to Do

100 Countries, 5,000 Ideas: Where to Go, When to Go, What to See, What to Do

Following up on the enormous success of the Journeys of a Lifetime series of travel gift books, National Geographic bring you 100 Countries, 5000 Ideas, a large-format, lavishly illustrated, softcover travel planner. This essential travel companion to one hundred of the world's most fascinating countries is packed with more than 250 big, colorful images, 110 original, deta ...more
Published February 15th 2011 by National Geographic

1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die by Peter Boxall1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die by Stephen Farthing1001 Children's Books You Must Read Before You Grow Up by Julia Eccleshare1001 Movies You Must See Before You Die by Steven Jay SchneiderWIN THE HEART OF A WOMAN OF YOUR DREAMS by Sahara Sanders
A List of Lists
59th out of 247 books — 28 voters
In Focus by Leah Bendavid-ValGypsies by Bart McDowellHelen's Eyes by Marfe Ferguson DelanoNational Geographic Backyard Guide to the Birds of North America by Jonathan AlderferNational Geographic by National Geographic Society
Books published by National Geographic
43rd out of 60 books — 1 voter

More lists with this book...

Jul 14, 2011 Brian rated it really liked it
This beautifully written book is not meant to be read cover to cover. It contains 100 countries, like the title suggestions, and within those are activities that can be done, cities and sights that should be visited. I especially was fascinated and interested in the information about the safety in each country. There were many countries that I thought weren't' safe but apparently are. This book definitely gave me some wanderlust!
Jan 13, 2014 Samantha rated it it was amazing
This book was bought for me while I was spending some time away in hospital. I am so glad this was given to me, as it kept me entertained for hours.

The book is broken down into different countries in alphabetical order. On each page there is a map of the county, some facts and pros and cons. There is also info on the weather for the best time to visit for different activities.

I cannot actually do this book justice when writing a review as it is so fantastic you have to see for yourself. It has
Jun 17, 2011 Lauren rated it really liked it
Shelves: travel
I probably shouldn't be allowed to read books like this because it gives me such insatiable wanderlust... not the right thing for an unemployed person to have! The format of the book is very helpful with the eponymous 100 countries listed in alphabetical order. Each section highlights basic facts and tips about the featured destination, and a sidebar column also provides info on the Pros/Cons and Safety Tips for different regions within the country.

I was able to brush up on some geography and a
Feb 02, 2014 Helga rated it liked it
This book is fabulous to read and filled with different vacation destinations. It's the kind of book that a person can keep referencing to get more information about desired vacation spots.
Jul 18, 2011 Neil rated it liked it
Nicely done. It's not heavy in specifics about particular sites, but it does give a good overview of the countries and is a fun way to make wish lists about future vacations. I particularly liked the entries about safety and cost of travel in each country, although the cost information could have been presented in a more consistent format.
Sep 18, 2013 Tim rated it liked it
Shelves: coffee-table, travel
not sure much of this was digestible. it certainly doesn't work to pull out on your vacations. and they skipped some pretty great countries too. i mean, lovely idea. can't do 4900 of these. won't visit half these countries. it's fine. just changed it from 2 to 3 stars...
Apr 30, 2013 Laura rated it it was amazing
I loved the format for this book and actually read it from front to back. I like how it outlines important information and is consistent with it's format throughout.
Helder rated it really liked it
Oct 13, 2016
Mos3B marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2016
Fiona Raper
Fiona Raper marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2016
KUNMOON KOH marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2016
Levi Aditya Nugraha
Levi Aditya Nugraha rated it liked it
Sep 22, 2016
Amanda Lynn
Amanda Lynn rated it it was amazing
Sep 21, 2016
Noora marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2016
Meg Salter
Meg Salter is currently reading it
Aug 23, 2016
Kate marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2016
Alexa Henn
Alexa Henn marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2016
Bourbon marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2016
Sophie added it
Aug 13, 2016
Seamus McAfee
Seamus McAfee marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2016
Garima marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2016
Savannah marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2016
Batool Saleh
Batool Saleh marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2016
Christine Samuels
Christine Samuels marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2016
Rakan Faraj
Rakan Faraj marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2016
Karel rated it liked it
Jul 26, 2016
Rachit Kulshrestha
Rachit Kulshrestha rated it it was amazing
Jul 23, 2016
Lelia Houbé
Lelia Houbé marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2016
Steph marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2016
Ana rated it really liked it
Jul 10, 2016
  • Where To Go When (Eyewitness Travel Guides)
  • 1000 Ultimate Experiences
  • 1001 Historic Sites You Must See Before You Die
  • And Home Was Kariakoo: A Memoir of East Africa
  • 1001 Natural Wonders: You Must See Before You Die
  • The 100 Best Affordable Vacations
  • Hawaii the Big Island Revealed: The Ultimate Guidebook
  • Chicken Soup for the Nature Lover's Soul: Inspiring Stories of Joy, Insight and Adventure in the Great Outdoors
  • Off the Tourist Trail: 1,000 Unexpected Travel Alternatives
  • 1001 Escapes to Experience Before You Die
  • Volcano Cowboys: The Rocky Evolution of a Dangerous Science
  • 500 Things to Eat Before It's Too Late: and the Very Best Places to Eat Them
  • Off the Beaten Path
  • France
  • Fodor's New York City 2012
  • Earth
  • Rick Steves' London 2007 (Rick Steves' City and Regional Guides)
  • World Heritage Sites: A Complete Guide to 878 UNESCO World Heritage Sites