Say it Again

Say it Again

2.73 of 5 stars 2.73  ·  rating details  ·  153 ratings  ·  27 reviews
One month before the annual fireman's charity auction, fireman, Wade Hartman announces he's gay. This year when he strolls down the catwalk, he wants to leave with a man. When the only bid he receives is a pity bid, Wade's crushed, but he lets his friend take him to dinner anyway.

Real estate conglomerate, Jared Kessler's loved Wade for years. So when he reads the article a...more
Published August 28th 2010 by Silver Publishing (first published August 26th 2010)

Zero at the Bone by Jane SevilleKeeping Promise Rock by Amy LaneShades of Gray by Brooke McKinleyFaith & Fidelity by Tere MichaelsFinding Zach by Rowan Speedwell
Best M/M "Angsty" Romance
314th out of 321 books — 472 voters
Hot Head by Damon SuedeCollision Course by K.A. Mitchell911 by Chris OwenKeeping Promise Rock by Amy LaneWith Caution by J.L. Langley
Best Gay Firemen/Paramedics/EMTs
108th out of 109 books — 253 voters

More lists with this book...

ßk☼lvr
Wade the Fireman came out of the closet, it was in an article, and now the ladies don't want to buy him at the auction.

But Jared does...

They have some FUN once Jared, his golfing buddy, admits he's gay, too.

Then there's big time drama...

Poor Jared. But thanks to Wade's persistance and love...he "ends up" okay...

*** This was 4 chapters long, causing things to move quickly -- which was to be expected -- and was full of the same lines raunchy stories like to use over-and-over-and-over. Now, the s...more
Kirsten
Mar 26, 2011 Kirsten rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: dnf
This read like really poor fanfic. I couldn't even finish it. The lead character Wade wasn't very likeable (had a huge chip on his shoulder from the very beginning) and wasn't very believable (32-year-old virgin who had known he was gay for 17 years.) It felt like it was written by a 13-year-old ESL kid. I was actually pretty disappointed because this had been recommended on a review site.
MsMiz (Tina)
2.5 stars - Started out really strong. Great story premise and then it got twisted with dark secrets that were too deep to get into in this short story. I think we would have been better served with a much longer deeper story. I enjoyed the characters and has lots of potential.
Janna
This couple just didn't work for me. I felt no connection and I didn't enjoy how their story was told.
Jeff Erno
blub
My first m/m fiction audiobook and it didn't make a good impression. The story was very predictable and it didn't do a really good job of holding my attention. I was a bit irked and felt like the author may have been pushing some of her belief of gender lines for both sexes on the audience. This made it a lot less enjoyable for me.

Other issues I had were that:

Wade was always thinking about sex when it came to Jared. It was too sexed up for my taste. Jared was also always avoiding Wade but Wade...more
Trisha Harrington
I don't know why this was so short. A book like this needs at least 100 pages, and I do mean at least. 200+ would be more suitable. It was a nice story, I liked Wade. He was the nice guy. Jared, well he wasn't my favourite, but I liked him enough in the end.

Spoiler(view spoiler)

Cole Riann
Elisa Ramblings
I think my reaction to this novel was the same of the main character Wade to Jared’s rebuttal after their first night together: surprise and questions.

When I started reading it, I was expecting a nice and light comedy about a bachelor auction and 2 best friends with benefits. Wade is an hot firefighter but he is somehow like an homemade pie, simple and “natural”: he likes a good beer, good friends and good sex. He is not complicated and he doesn’t like to fake an interest in women he has not, a...more
Marc
Okay, so I'm not a big fan of inst-love, but at least they were friends before and infatuated with each other. Still, no close friends and they know nothing about each other, so I would just like to point out how dating someone before jumping into bed and you know ... actually talking during the date can be a great idea at times!

For me the sex in the story felt lacking and it came off as them having a bad chemistry ... something was clearly off ... and making the sex scenes less appealing. Then...more
Tisha Barcus
I recently read the mini-story by Jasmine Black, titled “Say It Again”. At first the title and the brief synopsis caught my attention, but as I read the first chapter, it started out very slow. I figured it would pick as the story continued but it did not it just confused me even more of how it jumped around. There was no clear flow of characters or even how the character’s past actually started; how to resolve his issues or how just saying “I love you” can make it all go away. The character nev...more
Staceyr

WOW, an interesting read. At first, I found the interaction between Wade and Jared to be kind of disjointed, their lack of communication on the strange side, though I got that Jared had some serious issues and Wade's inexperience with men compounded his confusion. Even so, I gotta say, I was not expecting this to be such a sad story. I wish it had been longer, or had an epilogue, so I could have gained a true sense of healing for Jared because it left me with knots in my stomach, hoping...more
Craig Sharp
Say it Again by Jasmine Black had all the elements to become an amazing story. Sadly, I felt the characters were underdeveloped and overemotional. If the storyline had been written from Jared’s POV while developing his background story of his childhood abuse and rape at the hands of his adoptive father along with the psychological issues that it entailed would have made the story a better read. Although a good story it just fell short of its potential.
Stéphanie Giusti
Shelby
This is one of those cases where I wanted it to be good. Great premise, interesting characters with deeper issues, but at the end of the day the writer doesn't pull it off. The story is rushed and the emotional issues aren't handled in a believable way. I wanted a beautiful love story, I got a poor outline with very little character development.
Jimmy Hanson
Too many harsher subjects were brought up in this short, too many emotions that rang as shallow in the two-dimensional characters.

Coming away, I found myself poking it with a stick, wondering if it would waster away in it's misery of come out in a startling moment of ressurection. Sadly, neither happened.
Janie
A very touching story. First I actually felt the scared nervousness as Wade was on that stage during the auction, hell I would have freaked the hell out if that were me. And how could anyone not fall in love with Jared. His character was so beautiful. Great story.
Lucy
There was just way too much to deal with in way too short of a time in terms of Jared and his past. He really did treat Wade horribly and the fact that everything is basically wrapped up in less than a dozen pages just didn't work well.
Jaime
Zero connection with either character. Had the author put more time in developing the relationship, who the characters were, how they got to now, would have made for a much better book. 2 stars for the fact that it was ever published.
Joy
Jan 27, 2012 Joy rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m
Good story, good characters, but bit off a little more than it could chew in the length given, I think. I would like to read a novel-length version of this that really tried to deal with the psychological issues it brought up.
I loved the idea if this book and I think if the book had been length it should have been, I would have loved it. But it was way to short for the serious subjects that the characters had to deal with.
Veronica / V
In my humble opinion this story would have been better if it was longer. I think by then this book would have reached the full potential. Although I'm not fond at all of books about child abused:(
Enid
A bit convoluted (understandable since it's such a short story), but hot and sweet.
Shaz
Jan 05, 2012 Shaz rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: mm
Really 2 1/2 stars, but I didn't feel I could give it 3..
Maya
2.5 Stars Poor quality audiobook.
Denise
Feb 21, 2013 Denise rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m
The author tried but failed
Morgana
  • Strengthened By Fire (By Fire, #2)
  • Blinded By Our Eyes
  • Orgasmic Texas Dawn (Orgasmic Texas Dawn, #1)
  • Uniform Appeal
  • Oscar's Soul (Original Free Edition)
  • His Christmas Wish (Men of Charlestown, #1)
  • Dealing With the Dead (The Thompson Agency, #1)
  • The Landlord
  • Oracle
  • Helpless
  • Jude in Chains
  • hidden
  • By Design
  • The Arms of Winter
  • To The Max (To The Max #1)
  • Last Hope (Mystic Valley, #5)
  • Imaginary
  • Patient Privilege
Green's Fees (Irish Stories Collection) 0 to 69 in 5 Minutes All For An Angel Marital Affair Missing Pieces (Hors d'Oeuvres)