Something Old, Something New (Tales from Grace Chapel Inn, #10)

Something Old, Something New (Tales from Grace Chapel Inn #10)

4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·  rating details  ·  82 ratings  ·  9 reviews
A celebrity author visits Grace Chapel Inn to finish her novel. Can the Howard sisters give her the quiet she needs? The whole town gets involved in the high-school genealogy project, and Aunt Ethel provides some surprise information about their own family's history. Meanwhile Jane is busy with preparations for a Grace Chapel wedding. Everyone seems ready to pitch in, but...more
Hardcover, Large Print, 373 pages
Published December 8th 2005 by Thorndike Press

Stacy
Oct 30, 2008 Stacy rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Gail
The cover of my book (purchased this summer at Walmart, of all places), looks nothing like the one pictured here. It's more up to date and modern looking. :)

Guideposts is the force behind this series of books, and I believe that the original books numbered in the 30 or 40 range. Several of them have been re-written, updated and re-released. I've been slowly buying and reading those. Once you've read the first one, and learned about the Howard sisters, and how after their father died, they turned...more
Diane
The whole town of Acorn Hill and the sisters at the Inn get involved in a local towns person wedding as well as a High School genealogy project. I love this fictional town of Acorn Hill in PA. If it was real I would move there.
Martha Davis
This series has multiple authors and the late Jane Orcutt is one of my favorites. I'm very sorry she won't be adding any more titles.

It's a hit or miss proposition when I pick up a new Grace Chapel Inn book. There's also some difficulty in telling where in the series each book falls. There does not appear to be a consistent list of titles and there different site have the same titles in different number positions in the series. That being said, except for my OCD need to read books in order it...more
Monica Akinyi Odhiambo
This book was such a delight.The community of Acorn Hill were seriously one of the most close knit societies I have ever read about.There just seemed to be this closeness that would make you crave to live there.Jane,Alice and Louise are sisters who own a bed and breakfast left to them by their father who was a pastor.After his passing,they came together to help manage the b&b.I also loved the geneology project everyone in the town was involved in,finding out their roots was really interestin...more
Gail
Another of the books from The Tales from the Grace Chapel Inn series. The three Howard sisters come together after their pastor father dies to turn their family home in Pennsylvania into a bed and breakfast. Many of the series are written by a couple of different authors but once you know the background, the books can be read in any order I think. They usually incorporate guests in the inn or some event or holiday going on. They are warm fuzzy, cozy reads! Put out by Guideposts I believe.
Janie  R.
I really enjoyed reading this book, a wedding takes place, and also it also features genealogy interests. There was a cozy feeling in this small town of Acorn Hill, where everyone knows everyone else, and ready to help their neighbor, even when disagreements occur, somehow the conflicts are resolved.
Terri
:0) I loved how much content this book had...history, the work of an author, a wedding, a teenager finding her way after her mother's death......and then of coarse all the relationship values of the main characters. very very good book and of coarse series!!!
Dawn Brown
Loved this book. I am eager to start searching my family history now. And the book even suggests how to get started. Great read!
Cws
Jan 15, 2009 Cws added it
Shelves: young-adult
YA GCI
Kim Hampton
Kim Hampton marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Denise
Denise added it
Jul 22, 2014
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
Kathy
Kathy added it
Jul 12, 2014
Sharon
Sharon marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2014
Jan
Jan marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
Erica
Erica marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
Robbyn Porter
Robbyn Porter marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2014
Alyssa
Alyssa marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
Sherry
Sherry marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2014
Sabrina
Sabrina marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2014
Sheryl Layton
Sheryl Layton marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2014
Marie Eldridge
Marie Eldridge marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2014
Ali
Ali marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Award-winning Christian author Jane Orcutt was born on January 25th, 1960, in Fort Worth, Texas.

Born with a serious heart defect, Jane faced surgeries and long recoveries from the age of five. But these solitary times only strengthened Jane’s love for reading, and her dream of one day becoming a writer.

Jane achieved that dream with style, not only as a popular Christian novelist with fourteen publ...more
More about Jane Orcutt...
All the Tea in China Lullaby Spring is in the Air (Tales from Grace Chapel Inn, #26) The Pipe Organ (Tales from Grace Chapel Inn, #15) Summer Breezes (Tales from Grace Chapel Inn, #33)