Start by marking “Chas Addams Happily Ever After: A Collection of Cartoons to Chill the Heart of Your Loved One” as Want to Read:

Charles Addams was renowned for his depictions of love (or lack thereof) in his cartoons. The passion of Morticia and Gomez Addams, the lonely desires of Fester, the numerous grim and ghastly fights between husband and wife -- all found their way into Addams's signature drawings. Addams's concept of love was quite a bit different from the traditional idea of romance. Forge ...more
Published January 3rd 2006 by Simon & Schuster

To ask other readers questions about Chas Addams Happily Ever After, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chas Addams Happily Ever After

Sara
Oct 08, 2014 Sara rated it liked it
This compilation of Charles Addams' cartoons contains many that were previously published in the New Yorker and some that were never published at all. They span several decades - the 1930s through the 1980s.

Most of them are darkly humorous. There were a couple that were laugh out loud funny to me. Mainly I was entranced by the fact that the majority of the cartoons cover ways for wives to kill their husbands and husbands to kill their wives. That made me wonder - was Chas Addams unhappily marrie
Miss Ryoko
Apr 12, 2017 Miss Ryoko rated it liked it
Admittedly, I know nothing about Charles Addams or his work... but now I know he was the creator of the Addams Family. What I liked about this collection of one page comics was the rawness of the characters and situations. Addams wasn't afraid to "go there" and while sometimes it feels like it should be appalling, you can't help but chuckle because you know the feeling sometimes. I like his artwork and the sass in it, and the fact that he wasn't afraid to depict marriage as something that people ...more
Robert
Apr 30, 2015 Robert rated it really liked it
Distinctive.
David
Nov 21, 2011 David rated it really liked it
Most of these cartoons are about murdering a spouse.
Eve Kay
May 13, 2015 Eve Kay rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Oh how I love The Addams Family and I completely freaked when I heard the original TV series is based on a comic! Who knew?! Well, the minute I knew, I ordered a whole bunch.
I has to has them.
The original TV series is so dark and gloomy I want to have the house tattooed on me.

photo Addams Family mansion2_zpsntqnm7p5.jpg

I loved the drawing of the characters in this comic, they're so sympathetic.

photo WK-AT223_BOOKS2_DV_20100311203801_zpsivyesyp1.jpg

How dreamy is a man with such a dark humour as Chas Addams! Best comic artist <3
Anna
I picked this up because I have watched the Addams family films and am almost finished watching the show. I was interested in checking out the comics everything was based on. Sadly, there wasn't much reference in this collection except for maybe two panels. Those were brilliant, but the rest were poorly drawn and not very funny. Not even the macabre was enough. Hopefully the next volume I check out is better and full of more Addams.
Kathleen
Nov 01, 2014 Kathleen rated it liked it
A nice, creepy collection of weird, wonderful cartoons by one of the greats. It is, however, a small collection. Just read the whole thing on my fifteen minute break at work. Maybe look around for a larger compilation if you're interested in a better representation of his work.
Texasshole
Dec 25, 2014 Texasshole rated it it was ok
I love Chas Addams, but the digital reproductions in this volume border on awful, especially on some of his sketch-ier drawings.
Michael Funck
Jan 21, 2016 Michael Funck rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed looking at some of Charles Addams' cartoons after seeing a performance of The Addams Family at the Ordway Music Theater. I had forgotten how wacky and funny they are!
Jeff
Jun 05, 2014 Jeff rated it liked it
I love Charles Addams'cartoons. He influenced so many other great cartoonists--from Gahan Wilson to Gary Larson.
Pierre
Jul 14, 2010 Pierre rated it it was amazing
For our first year wedding anniversary, my wife got me this book. The cartoons are hilarious and timeless. Thanks hunny!
Katiem
Apr 25, 2012 Katiem rated it it was ok
Shelves: picture-books
Really, this couldn't be more boring and repetitive.
Kim
May 30, 2012 Kim rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comic-strips
dark humor, diverse style, most cartoons seen in previous treasuries
Diego
Diego rated it it was amazing
Nov 01, 2014
Angel
Angel rated it it was amazing
May 16, 2016
Worthy
Worthy rated it it was amazing
Aug 16, 2011
Christopher Powers
Christopher Powers rated it really liked it
Mar 21, 2015
Andrew
Andrew rated it it was amazing
Apr 25, 2016
Sarah rated it liked it
Jan 05, 2012
Ron Graber
Ron Graber rated it it was amazing
Sep 17, 2016
Brian David Stevens
Brian David Stevens rated it really liked it
Dec 31, 2013
Blaine
Blaine rated it it was amazing
Mar 02, 2009
Carmen
Carmen rated it it was amazing
Mar 07, 2013
Matt Lippy
Matt Lippy rated it it was amazing
Sep 07, 2012
Yvonne
Yvonne rated it it was amazing
Mar 25, 2015
Scott Walker
Scott Walker rated it really liked it
Sep 19, 2011
Rob
Rob rated it really liked it
Dec 22, 2008
Hjorprimul
Hjorprimul rated it it was amazing
Mar 14, 2014
Brett
Brett rated it really liked it
Oct 13, 2012
Belinda
Belinda rated it it was amazing
Feb 03, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • The Road To Hell
  • The Secrets: Volume One: The Other Statue
  • Touch Me, I'm Sick: The 52 Creepiest Love Songs You've Ever Heard
  • Post Dykes to Watch Out For (DtWOF, #9)
  • Delphine
  • The R. Crumb Coffee Table Art Book
  • The Beast of Chicago: An Account of the Life and Crimes of Herman W. Mudgett, Known to the World As H.H. Holmes
  • What Would Dewey Do? (Unshelved, #2)
  • Chew: The Omnivore Edition, Vol. 2
  • Epicurus: The Sage
  • The Search
  • You are There
  • I Can't Be Good All the Time
Chas Addams was a cartoonist best known for creating "The Addams Family" comic characters which have been adapted for a variety of media. His signature style was single panels of macabre humor.
More about Charles Addams...