Start by marking “Savoring the Spice Coast of India: Fresh Flavors from Kerala” as Want to Read:
Savoring the Spice Coast of India: Fresh Flavors from Kerala

Savoring the Spice Coast of India: Fresh Flavors from Kerala

4.41 of 5 stars 4.41  ·  rating details  ·  34 ratings  ·  6 reviews
BRAND NEW!!! Qualifies for FREE SHIPPING! Over 60,000 happy customers, 100% GUARANTEED!!!
Published August 1st 2000 by Morrow Cookbooks

To ask other readers questions about Savoring the Spice Coast of India, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Savoring the Spice Coast of India

Kelli Oliver George
When I began dating a Malayalee from India, I knew that I needed to find out how to cook the cuisine of his native Kerala. Hot diggity damn - this book kicks ass. It is my cooking bible and I use it to this day when I cook for my Malayalee HUSBAND. Let us just say that I probably owe Maya Kaimal something - for truly, the path to a man's heart is through his stomach. :-)
Bill DeGenaro
This book has some of the most beautiful pictures of spices I've ever seen. The writer's love of food is visible on every single page. The peppery chickpea recipe...the garbanzo bean hasn't had a finer moment since the invention of hummus. This might be my favorite cookbook of all time.
This was great for filling in the gaps in my Keralan cooking education--in addition to the usual Syrian-Christian dishes, the author also gave some attention to Moppila (Muslim) and Jewish cuisine from Kerala. There are also plenty of shortcuts for people who are into that kind of thing.
If you're only familiar with heavier Northern Indian cooking, this cookbook captures the fresh, lighter flavors of the southern coast of India deliciously! The recipes are easy and totally worth the trouble. I've tried nearly all of them and not been disappointed by one yet.
Brenden Steltz
This is a beautiful book, full of incredible recipes. I have had nothing but good luck with these wonderful dishes. Every one I have tried has been straight-forward and delicious. The book is nicely published and filled with fascinating color photos from South India.
A small collection of recipes, but wonderful pictures.
Shelley n
Shelley n marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2015
Claire added it
Oct 06, 2015
Jessie added it
Aug 03, 2014
Cathy marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2014
Nada added it
Aug 15, 2014
Sujay marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2013
Sreevidhya marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2013
Aysha Mahmood
Aysha Mahmood marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2012