Start by marking “Ship Shapes” as Want to Read:
Ship Shapes

Ship Shapes

See how many everyday shapes you can spot while sailing the open sea in search of jewels and treasure. Children will ride the waves to a faraway island in this lively, shape-filled ocean adventure.
Hardcover
Published March 1st 2006 by Barefoot Books

To ask other readers questions about Ship Shapes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ship Shapes

Heather Muzzy
Oct 07, 2009 Heather Muzzy rated it really liked it
Illustrations are FIVE STAR! Should have guessed this was a Barefoot book. I wish the text was more rhyme or rhythm. The simplicity of the text did allow us to linger on each page and discuss more of each shape... and study the events.

I also wish the plot was simple and cute, but my toddler was confused about them boarding the ship and then they were with sea monster next. Another big Q each time we read it was about the girl supposedly sitting on the raft but it looked like she was walking on w
Heather
Sep 20, 2013 Heather rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite-kids
The story is about shapes and its just okay, but the illustrations are amazing. All done with fabric and sewing, they are so lovely. I wish the story had more heft, but its just a simple 'find the shapes' kind of book. Either way, I'd get it in hardcover and read it again. If you have kid, I recommend it to you!
Anne
Dec 31, 2014 Anne rated it it was amazing
Shelves: pirates, boats, shapes
This book hits all of our favorite things: sewn illustrations, boats, pirate treasure hunts, shapes, and colors. Perfect for older toddlers who enjoy hunting games. I will be trying this out at a Storytime.
Katie Brown
Apr 15, 2012 Katie Brown rated it liked it
Shelves: math
This book would be great for grades pre-k to 1st grade. There are pictures made out of different shapes, such as boats, treasure, sea monsters, etc. The student would go through and find their own shapes and could then count up the sides. This would be great for a mini-geometry lesson.
Carrie Guipe
Simple shape concept book but the fabric art is gorgeous. My two year old (who knows his shapes) really loved it, but for the whole page of art. He had a harder time picking out the individual shapes (or didn't want to?) as the text/purpose of the book requests.
Kristie
Sep 30, 2008 Kristie rated it really liked it
A great book for focusing on the names of shapes. In true Blackstone-style, you can look at the pics for hours.
Emily
Jun 01, 2014 Emily rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
What a great library find! Colorful and full of shapes and images to hunt for on every page. Perfect for my almost 2 year old.
Jeanna
The kids liked it okay, and we did enjoy looking at the shapes, but it didn't work fantastically for us.
Melanie
Sep 24, 2008 Melanie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
I am giving this book 5 stars because of the illustrations which are done out of fabric and intricate hand sewing. I was amazed at the detail.
Library Quine

Brightly coloured pictures encourage children to recognise shapes within attractive seascapes. There is lots of scope for discussion in a storytime, but no story as such.
Katie
Katie rated it it was amazing
Jul 08, 2008
Lauren
Lauren rated it liked it
Jan 11, 2010
Sunder Strouse
Sunder Strouse rated it really liked it
Aug 15, 2010
Paz Montero
Paz Montero rated it it was amazing
Mar 17, 2015
Griffin
Griffin rated it liked it
Jun 14, 2008
Lenore
Lenore rated it really liked it
Aug 03, 2011
Holly
Holly rated it liked it
Jun 26, 2008
Kate Hastings
Kate Hastings rated it it was amazing
Apr 04, 2008
Anders Jensen
Anders Jensen rated it it was amazing
Dec 04, 2015
Leah
Jun 15, 2012 Leah rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-the-kids
Story is a little hard to follow but the illustrations are awesome!
Sarah rated it it was amazing
Jan 13, 2015
Edelind
Edelind rated it liked it
Apr 30, 2014
Meta
Meta rated it it was amazing
Jun 04, 2009
Ashlie Johansen
Ashlie Johansen rated it liked it
Dec 07, 2012
Barefoot Books
Barefoot Books rated it it was amazing
Jul 22, 2008
Andrea
Andrea rated it liked it
Jan 01, 2014
J.
J. rated it it was ok
Jul 07, 2014
Sarah rated it it was ok
Apr 13, 2009
Duane
Duane rated it it was ok
Jul 19, 2012