Start by marking “The Ringmaster's Secret” as Want to Read:
The Ringmaster's Secret
Preview

The Ringmaster's Secret (Nancy Drew #31)

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  3,627 ratings  ·  49 reviews
Nancy Drew joins the circus in order to investigate the mystery surrounding a gold charm bracelet and a young orphaned aerialist.
Published January 1st 1954 by Grosset & Dunlap (first published 1953)

To ask other readers questions about The Ringmaster's Secret, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Ringmaster's Secret

Bev
Yesterday I finished a walk down memory lane. I had recently picked up a copy of the Nancy Drew The Ringmaster's Secret by Carolyn Keene at a local flea market. Not that I didn't already have a copy--I do. But this was the tweed-style hardcover book that matches the original set of six books that my mom handed down to me when I was seven. I'd like, at some point, to have all 38 of the titles which were published in tweed to match Mom's set. Since I bought it, I decided I ought read it for old ti ...more
John Yelverton
Arguably the most non-Nancy Drew book of the series. She actually joins a circus! Very weird and un-Nancy Drew, but a must read for fans of the series.
Christina
Nancy's aunt sends her a bracelet and tells her there is a mystery surrounding it. When the circus comes to town and Nancy meets an amazing aerialist who was brought up by cruel adoptive parents, the owners of the circus, Nancy discovers that the aerialist and the bracelet are connected. She proceeds to investigate.

The Nancy Drew Mysteries are such great books. My 8 year old recently discovered them and she loves them. The language is not dumbed down and my daughter loves trying to solve the mys
Eva
Mar 23, 2008 Eva rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Mystery kinds of people
Recommended to Eva by: No one, i've just been reading the series
This was a good book, it didn't take me to long to read and it was sometimes hard to put down.
Amelia
Nancy Drew and The Ringmaster’s Secret: Girl Power and Mysteries for All!
A Review By: Amelia

Interested in more book reviews? Check out my blog Bookworms Unite! (http://bookwormsunitebookreviews.blog...)

I’ve spent this last year re-reading the Nancy Drew books. Why, you might ask. Well, I spent my childhood reading them and thought that for nostalgia’s sake I’d read them again. So far, I’ve gotten thirty five volumes into the original fifty six and the beloved series from my childhood more or le
Phe☽♃
The Ringmaster's Secret is a children's story by Carolyn Keene (pseudonym) and the 31st book in the Nancy Drew series.

After receiving a horse-charm bracelet as a gift, eighteen-year-old Nancy is drawn into a mystery surrounding the identity of a performer with the Sims' Circus. Can Nancy solve the mystery and reunite a mother and daughter?

I’ve always been a voracious reader. So, as a child, one of my favorite things about summer was the frequent trips to our local library, which was less t
Miri
The circus is in town and has brought mystery along with it, connected with a beautiful gold bracelet Nancy has received from her aunt, which may have belonged to a circus performer who had to sell it. Nancy comes upon a lovely aerialist who performs with the circus and is practically a prisoner of her adopted parents, forced to work for the circus and never allowed to leave, so Nancy goes undercover as a circus performer to discover the truth! Will Nancy uncover the truth behind the bracelet an ...more
Colleen
I read Nancy Drew as a child and just loved her. Her adventures were so interesting, I remembering feeling like I was on the adventure with her. I still have a specific memory of climbing through a forested hill with her, I can see the brown ground, the dappling tree leaf shadows and the smell of the earth. Great read for a young girl.
Books full of simple pleasures. Thank you Carolyn Keene.
Melanie
Sarah Gruen probably definitely read this book before she wrote Water For Elephants. It practically has a cooch tent.

Nancy is a skilled equestrienne, and recently took up stunt riding. Thus, she was a natural replacement for an injured circus stunt rider, and could hide out while trying to solve a mystery.

Nancy loses consciousness when she falls off a horse. She also faints when an unknown assailant strangles her from behind with a cord. She loses consciousness a *third* time when someone throws
Sydney
this one is a really really good mystery. the one thing i don't understand is why do the bad guys have to tell there story. she always ends up escaping
Hailey
By far my favorite Nancy Drew book!! It takes Nancy Drew long-time readers out of their comfort zone and shows people a different side of Nancy!
Shawnee
Nancy could have used.... a helmet, protective vest, and either an explanation or a way to count horse gaits... there are 5? Which breed are we talking about? Walk, trot, canter, gallop... I come up with 4 at most. HOWEVER, that doesn't include jog, lope, rack, running walk, fox trot, flat walk, dog walk, tolt, slow gait, paso largo, and a whole host of other gaits for other breeds! There are a TON more than 5, but if you are talking your "normal" non-gaited horse, there are less than 5... So. I ...more
Nicole Bennett
Started this in the hospital and finished it today. Go Nancy!
Leah
Second time reading, once again, not disappointing.
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
I remember the first time I read Nancy Drew. It blew my mind that there were girls presented with a brain. Most of the stuff I'd read up to that time, was that girls were sugar and spice - fluffy. No brains. To also learn about George who is a tomboy was a nice validation. Carolyn Keene wrote just for me! That is how I felt. When I did more research, I was shocked to find out, Ms. Keene was actually a man ... writing under Franklin Dixon. I also loved the Hardy Boys. No wonder I loved these seri ...more
Carobe
Kitty och cirkusmysteriet.
Andjelija
in this book nancy drew solves a mstery about the cuircs. nancy also jonis the curcis it invovles monye and history.she makes friends with a victom of her boss he stole mney from her and helped kill her parents.

nacny was happy when she made a new friend and so am i.

i like this book because it was very strang for a plot that why i gave it 5 stars.
Megan
It is when you have that feeling something bad is going to happen. That is what I like about the Nancy Drew serius. Nancy must do a cirous to get to the bottom of the mystery. She must learn to balence good and learn neat tricks without getting hurt.
Joshua
Oct 07, 2008 Joshua rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All
Recommended to Joshua by: My wife
These books, the entire Nancy Drew Series, are not just for kids. Many interesting facts and wonder full stories are waiting in there pages. They are a quick and easy read. Great for those times when you just want to relax.
HeavyReader
I sure do remember this book's front cover illustration. As soon as I saw it...BAM!...all the memory sensors went off. I don't remember the book's plot, but that cover...yes! I owned this book, so I know I read it.
Hannah Bee
this is my favorite Nancy Drew book. I would say it is the best out of all 50 in the series! I had my Mother and Grandmother read it. I tried to get my brother to read it but.. he wouldn't it is the best!!!
Rachel
It has been a long time since I've read any ND and was amazed at the high level of vocabulary and lower level of sentence structure. A good bedtime read for kiddos.
Amy
Again, what's with the circus books? I couldn't resist. This was maybe a little less researched than Water for Elephants, but you know, it's Nancy Drew...
Sangeetha
Awesome!!!!!!! I read it more than a year ago! But I still remember every little detail!!! It was totally entertaining!!!! :D
Ashley FL
Parts were unintentionally hilarious, due to the book having aged oddly. But Nancy Drew sure is plucky! and the mysteries are always fun.
Megan Cullen
Read these as a child/teen, so I'm rating most of them a 3 merely based on the fact that I enjoyed them then. :)
Nikki
I loved this one! It was like a mini childrens Water for Elephants. Very suspenseful and Nancy was in lots of danger.
Bre
I'm a sucker for these old Nancy Drew books. You can be 19 and still enjoy these things, far as I'm concerned.
Jessi
Nancy has to go undercover at a circus to help a talented aerialist find out if her mother is still alive.
One of the better Nancy Drew mysteries that I have read. A fun story with lots of action.
  • The Secret of Wildcat Swamp (The Hardy Boys, #31)

Edna and Harriet Stratemeyer inherited the company from their father Edward Str
More about Carolyn Keene...

Nancy Drew (1 - 10 of 175 books)
  • The Secret of the Old Clock (Nancy Drew, #1)
  • The Hidden Staircase (Nancy Drew, #2)
  • The Bungalow Mystery (Nancy Drew, #3)
  • The Mystery at Lilac Inn (Nancy Drew, #4)
  • The Secret of Shadow Ranch (Nancy Drew, #5)
  • The Secret of Red Gate Farm (Nancy Drew, #6)
  • The Clue in the Diary (Nancy Drew, #7)
  • Nancy's Mysterious Letter (Nancy Drew, #8)
  • The Sign of the Twisted Candles (Nancy Drew, #9)
  • Password to Larkspur Lane (Nancy Drew, #10)
The Secret of the Old Clock (Nancy Drew, #1) The Hidden Staircase (Nancy Drew, #2) Nancy Drew: #1-64 The Bungalow Mystery (Nancy Drew, #3) The Mystery at Lilac Inn (Nancy Drew, #4)