Android for Programmers: An App-Driven Approach

Android for Programmers: An App-Driven Approach

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  26 ratings  ·  5 reviews
The professional programmer's Deitel(R) guide to Android(TM) smartphone and tablet app development and the Eclipse IDE with the Android Development Tools (ADT) plug-in Billions of apps have been downloaded from Android Market! This book gives you everything you'll need to start developing great Android apps quickly and getting them published on Android Market. The book use...more
Published October 26th 2011 by Prentice Hall (first published December 6th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Android for Programmers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Android for Programmers

Grack21
Oh dear. First 40 pages are the authors patting them selves on the back. Then links to their website. Then helpful things like Google is a search engine! It's a google.com! Use it to search! (I kid you not). Add to the fact that even considering publication delays this book is laughably out of date, the examples DONT WORK, and the 'online bonus chapters' DONT EXISTS, and this is going back to the store. I usually like the Deitel books, but this...this is embarrassing.
Alessandro Pellizzari
Ben scritto, esempi chiari, e un percorso graduale che copre buona parte delle API più comuni, ribadendo i concetti ma senza appesantire la spiegazione, e introducendo ad ogni capitolo la giusta quantità di informazioni.

Decisamente consigliato a chi inizia, e contiene anche informazioni utili a chi non è ancora esperto ma ha già sviluppato qualcosa su Android.
Agostini
Manuale molto efficace perchè insegna le basi di Android partendo da delle app concrete, dagli esempi più semplici a quelli più complicati.
Richiede conoscenza di Java.
Paul
I really like the app driven method, you see how different programming pieces come together in realistic apps. I think I have enough mastery of the subject to work on sun app of my own now and got an idea for another one while reading the book.
Rajath Shashidhara
Good for programmers who are familiar with Java. Teaching programming through working applications is the best way in my opinion. The book is well written with plenty of references to online sources for further reading.
S.muthukumar
S.muthukumar marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2014
Grey Sane
Grey Sane marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2014
Zach Boyle
Zach Boyle marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
Nyssa
Nyssa marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Ben
Ben added it
Jun 16, 2014
GKM
GKM is currently reading it
Jun 07, 2014
Pronam Chatterjee
Pronam Chatterjee marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
May 24, 2014
Ibrahim Odeh
Ibrahim Odeh marked it as to-read
May 24, 2014
Gilad Gur
Gilad Gur is currently reading it
Apr 24, 2014
Mirlas
Mirlas added it
Mar 18, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »
Java: How to Program Internet & World Wide Web: How to Program C++: How to Program Visual C# 2005 How to Program (How to Program) C# 2010 for Programmers (Deitel Developer Series)