Start by marking “Tuesday's Child” as Want to Read:
Tuesday's Child

Tuesday's Child

3.69 of 5 stars 3.69  ·  rating details  ·  985 ratings  ·  40 reviews
The heroine this novel is a tomboy. She loves her Doc Martens, heavy metal, and hanging out with her best friend, Ollie. She may have been born on a Tuesday, but graceful she isn't. However, Grace's world is about to change. Ollie gets engaged, and her new boss wants her to smarten up. Grace tries to turn herself into the kind of girl she thinks they want her to be - with ...more
Published by Headline Book Publishing (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Tuesday's Child, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tuesday's Child

Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie KinsellaCan You Keep a Secret? by Sophie KinsellaBridget Jones's Diary by Helen FieldingSomething Borrowed by Emily GiffinThe Undomestic Goddess by Sophie Kinsella
Favorite Chick-Lit
447th out of 1,434 books — 3,712 voters
Possession Of My Soul by Kia Carrington-RussellA Secure Heart by Charity ParkersonSam Certainly Can by Bridgitte LesleyTwilight by Stephenie MeyerPhantom Wolf by Kia Carrington-Russell
Best Romance Novels 2000-present
59th out of 148 books — 185 voters

More lists with this book...

Bronwyn Rykiert
Life is good for Lucy Evans, she has a dream job as a computer game reviewer and gets paid to play computer games all day, she lives with a dreamy guy Ollie, who is her best mate and they chill together lots. That is until Ollie’s latest girlfriend Victoria asks him to marry her and he accepts.

Next thing Lucy knows she has been asked to move out the apartment by the new fiancé and also loses her job. Ollie gets her another job through an acquaintance who owes him a favour. Todd Mayle is a very h
Wendy
Mar 28, 2007 Wendy rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: bagshawe fans, chicklit fans
Started: March 17, 2007
Finished: March 19, 2007
***
Only my second by Bagshawe, but similar to the first (Venus Envy) in a few respects (financially disadvantaged woman with poor self-image, working in low-paying but rewarding job, change of job, hyper-attractive yet slightly dodgy boss, extreme change of lifestyle and appearance, male best friend/true love, etc.). Fast-paced, fun, compulsive reading that nonetheless feels a little derivative. Bridget Jones did it better.
Kerry
Without a doubt, Bagshawe makes for an easy read, and so her books are fun holiday literature! This I found an enjoyable light-hearted read, if incredibly predictable, cheesy and downright cringeworthy at times.
The ending I found a disappointment, and felt that the last few pages had been rushed. Regardless, I can't say I was expecting that much in the first place in the sense of an intellectual read!!
Alexia
I bought this book as just a light summer read and that is exactly what it is. You can guess how its going to end from the first few chapters. I found myself so frustrated with the main character as she comes off so stupid and naive its hard to find believable. I would recommend it as a very very light summer read but don't expect much else.
Bev Taylor
lucy evans - the original tomboy

earns peanuts as a computer games reviewer but loves her job. also rugby, kick boxing, running - u name it

is in a flat share with ollie who she has made clear to that she has no romantic interest. his friendship means too much too here

then it all goes pear shape. she loses her job and ollie gets engaged so she will be homeless

he finds her a job as a receptionist with a mega rich american but there is obviously more to it than that

will lucy find true happiness
Tracy
I read this by the pool in Cuba. It was a good vacation book since it was a pretty easy read.
Dianne
Louise Bagshawe does such great characters. The bitches are vicious and the rest are just very real in their actions. The main character, Grace, stumbles at what life throws at her and struggles to tackle it as best she knows (and doesn't know) how. A funny story of a tom boy turning into a Sloane ranger, before figuring out where she belongs (somewhere in between).
Deepam Ramchurn
This book is addictive! I read this nearly 5 years ago now and I randomly thought of it today and wanted to read it again!
Pierina
Olá,

1º livro que li desta autora.

Se queria ser como a Kinsella, não consegue.

Contudo leiam,
Py

Asha Viguurs
Great book, great character. About loss, change and finding yourself again.
A.J. Barnett
Tuesday’s Child is written with a sort of Bridget Jones, style of prose. This is quite different to the style of some of her other books - such as Career Girl. No matter what style of writing, her books are always impertinent, sexy and fun. However, this is perhaps not her best book. Tuesday's Child is a happy book, fun to read, but unfortunately rather predictable.

On the plus side, the character of Lucy is well drawn, and it is certainly a good beach-read. I recommend Bagshawe to readers who wa
Bookgirl89
I absolutely loved it,Lucy was annoying at times but still a lovely read. recommend it to anyone who's a fan of Sophie Kinsella, same writing styles. Lucy is a fun funny heroine but she does stupid things at times, made me want to kill her more than once; but she did remind me of a friend of mine who doesn't see the bad in people, always sees the good no matter what. that was annoying as hell, i kept telling her to always follow her gut when it comes to people, same thing i tell my friend.
Ella
Good book, easy holiday read and although I knew how it would end, still really liked it!
Priscilla
loved every bit if this book !!!
Kirsten
Holiday reading at it's best. Predictable, trashy. What a start to the New Year. The heroine whose name I've already forgotten is a tom boy with a great life. Her best friend is her flatmate who tragically insists she move out as he's marrying a girly girl she doesn't like. Then she loses her job and can only get one by pretending to be girly. Goes through a transformation and works with a gorgeous guy.
Dessie
This book was given to me by a friends kind of spontaneously when I was visiting her at her country house. I remember because she didn't think about it for a second, she just saw the book sitting on the bookshelf and gave it to me.
It was a sweet book and I enjoyed it while it lasted. It is not a serious read and definitely not full of some great wisdom, but I remember I cried at the ending because it was so sweet.
Lucy
I really like this book, partly because the protagonist's name is also Lucy! :)

Seriously though, Tuesday's Child is an awesome novel. I couldn't put it down! It's great if you want a light, easy read with a bit of romance and comedy in it. Bagshawe's writing style is quite good and the plot is very easy to understand and get stuck into.

A great book.
Xejx
Belinda
It was a ok read I know from the first few pages how it was going to go girl lives with boy for years moves out and realise she loves the boy and must fight to get him back it was funny in place a nice light read
The Cats Mother
Cheesy predictable chick-lit with an implausible plot and formulaic ending, but saved by a likeable heroine. An easy way to spend a few hours in the sunshine, you don't have to think, and no one dies horribly.
Buffy
A great book about remembering who you are and not giving in. There will always be situations where you need to grow and change, but you need to keep your own personality as well.
Majusvirag
It could have been shorter. 100 pages minimum.

I have to tell that Lucy was very naive, Victoria was a horrible person and Ollie was blind.
Louise
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Nadine
I never finished this book because from ten pages in I new exactly how the book was going to end. Girl gets boy. Obvious.
Angela Wilson
It was enjoyable, light hearted and escapist. The ending was surprisingly gripping in true romantic comedy style.
Jennifer Ward-billingham
It was a rollercoaster of emotions. I wanted to invent a machine to hit people in the book! Great read!!
Kelly
I bought this book for a holiday light summer read 2010, from what I remember brilliant, loved it, addicted !
Caroline
I read this before I joined GoodReads. Rating it as I remember it.

3 stars - I liked it
Rachel
A good catchy book, however was not pleased with the ending. Too predictable.
  • Showdown
  • The Paradise Room
  • Where Have All the Boys Gone?
  • Pastures New
  • Foetal Attraction
  • Someone Special
  • A Question Of Love
  • Head Over Heels
Louise Daphne Bagshawe was born on 28 June 1971 in England, UK. She attended local all-girls Catholic schools near her family home in Surrey, before going to Oxford University in 1989. After graduating with a degree in Anglo Saxon and Norse, she worked as press officer with EMI records and then as a marketing official with Sony Music. On her 22nd birthday, her passion for writing was realised with ...more
More about Louise Bagshawe...
Glamour Sparkles Glitz Passion The Devil You Know