Start by marking “Say It with Success: Foolproof Ways to Improve Your Presentation” as Want to Read:
Say It with Success: Foolproof Ways to Improve Your Presentation
Preview

Say It with Success: Foolproof Ways to Improve Your Presentation

3.69 of 5 stars 3.69  ·  rating details  ·  32 ratings  ·  24 reviews
Even if public speaking isn't your day job, fear can get the better of you. Approximately 75% of Americans fear public speaking over just about anything else. Whatever your goals are, you too can learn to become calm and relaxed in front of any audience. No matter whether you are a business professional, association executive or a college student, this book will give you t ...more
Published May 21st 2010 by Infinity Publishing (PA)

To ask other readers questions about Say It with Success, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Say It with Success

Sheldon
I'm not a public speaker. I've had to do my share of presentations over the years, both academically and professionally, and I will likely have more presentations to make in my future. There's the famous statistic that's floating around out there that more people fear public speaking than they do dying.

Say It With Success by Shannon Alter is probably not going to help you get over that fear. It's probably not going to help anyone become a great public speaker if they are terrified of standing in
Lisa
May 08, 2012 Lisa rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone
I was so leery about reading another self-help book about something I would never have to use, but I figured it was nice and short so I might as well power through it. From the very first page this book had me hooked. Yes, the topic was something I wasn't really looking for help in at this time, but the book was still very fun and entertaining (and informative!). I know that next time that I am in a situation where I would need to present something, I know where to look for a step-by-step proces ...more
Yaritza
I Won this book from GoodReads First Reads.This book was totally helpful. I really don't do much public speaking or presentation since my job doesn't require it. It is very useful for my classes and for my future job. Shannon's step by step on having a successful presentation was definitely easy steps to remember. What I grasped from this book was to always be prepared. Practice makes perfect in the case that some electrical problems arise, you would be able to proceed since you memorized most o ...more
Stephanie
This is a good reference tool for individuals who are going to be giving presentations in business-related fields or situations. That is the main focus of the examples and advice given in this book. The overarching ideas contained in this book pertain to anyone who needs to give a presentation, but I felt that it was lacking in real examples for the common presenter who may not necessarily need to train others or inform clients. For my purposes, I was looking for a book that would help me feel p ...more
Terri
'Say It with Success: Foolproof Ways to Improve Your Presentation' by Shannon Alter is a compact but thorough guide on preparing and giving presentations. Much like an introductory speech class, this book provides easy-to-use steps for preparing a presentation and many tips and tricks for both the speaker and the audience to get the most out of every presentation.

This book includes information on tone, organization, battling stage fright (a must for someone like myself) and the most typical err
Mysterium
Ms. Alter's informative guide Say It With Success is a nice review for anyone who gives public presentations. While aimed at the marketing and business crowd, as a pastor and activist, I was able to appreciate many of her tips for effective public presentations and speaking engagements.

As a "survivor" of many Motivation / Business / Leadership seminars, I normally shy away from books like these, as they all tend to be rehashed versions of the same theme. Good stuff in general, but after one ears
Heather
“Say it with Success: Foolproof Ways to Improve Your Presentation Skills” by Shannon Alter, CPM, shows the reader how to speak in front of people with a sense of confidence and the do’s and don’ts on speaking/presentations. Some of the things the author covers are:

Setting the Tone
Getting organized and doing your homework
Grabbing the audience’s attention from your first word
Common errors that can sabotage your presentation
How to get over stage fright
\
Reading this book, I felt like the author was
Cheryl
Short. Simple. To the point. Kind of like a presentation. Oh ho!

Say it with Success is an extremely short book with tips and techniques on how to improve your presentation skills. Approximately 75% of American fear public speaking over just about anything else. Well, damn. Thankfully, I got over doing anything in public in front of crowds after my dear mother forced me to participate in talent shows at a very young age. I still get nightmares. Just kidding! Ish. There are other problems you come
Yvonne Stegall
This is a wonderful guide book for anyone who needs to speak in front of a small or large crowd. Doesn't matter if it's school, a business meeting or if you're teaching a class.

I won this book through the goodreads giveaways and I LOVED it. Could not put it down. I am an entrepreneur and found this to be a very handy companion for my own business ventures and adventures.

I highly recommend "Say it with Success" to anyone and everyone who ever needs to speak in front of people... especially those
Therese
I received this book through GoodReads First Reads, and really recommend it to anyone who is required to work with an audience. Most of us badly fear public speaking, but this well-laid out and easily referenced guidebook stresses preparation and provides methods from the author's own experiences for every contingency. These practical presentation skill methods will be of great help to anyone, from teacher's giving classroom lessons, accounting team members giving office presentations, to speaki ...more
JoLynn
If you are looking to up your game when it comes to public speaking, this book is a good choice. The writing is clear and concise, and chock full of well thought out advice for the fledgling to intermediate public speaker.

Whether you are talking to a small group at the office or conducting a professional training , this book can help you polish your presentation.

The emphasis is on preparation and practice, and this short book serves well as a refresher course or checklist that can easily be car
Karen Siddall
I received this book as a Goodread's First Reads winner, and I'm so very glad I did. Well written and easy to read, this is great guide for the beginner as well as the more frequent business speaker. Alter sprinkles interesting personal anecdotes throughout the text to illustrate her points. It was a great reminder and confidence booster for me as I was preparing for my last quarterly report to our senior management. It gave me just the boost I needed to kick my game up to a higher level. Thanks ...more
Suzyberry
This was a free book I received through Goodreads First Reads. I got it mainly for my daughter-in-law who is just entering the business world in a management position. I found many nuggets of gold in this small but concise book as I perused it prior to giving it to her. To me, this is a quick but good read for anyone who is in the workplace and must present information to co-workers in a way that can be well-received and understood. It is also a 'confidence booster' for the person in such a posi ...more
Trish
Highly recommend for anyone who works in a professional setting and will need to open their mouths in front of others. Essential for the one giving the presentation! But - not just for the person giving the presentation, this book will help you if you apply the advice to the times you are contributing to the discussion or asking questions. As a person who is comfortable one-on-one, but terrified in front of groups, I found this book to be helpful. I highly recommend it!!
Teres
Say It with Success: Foolproof Ways to Improve Your Presentation' by Shannon Alter is a short but sweet guide on presentations. You can always learn a new trick here or there. I learned a few here. I gave this to my daughter to use as she is a recent college graduate and I thought this would help her work on her presentation skills in the career world.
Gábor
This short book offers public speaking tips based on the author's personal experiences (including speaking in front of some Russian and Asian audiences). Being mostly based on these anecdotal evidence of what is working for speakers is both the strength and the weakness of this book.

(This review was based on a goodreads.com copy of this book)
Joanne
This is a great book for those wanting to learn the basics of presentation skills. I highly recommend it for students and those wanting to learn about delivering powerful presentations. You will learn a lot of good information and be a more powerful presenter.

I received a free copy of this through Goodreads.
Marie
As a person who would like to improve their presentation skills I was intrigued by this book and to my delight I am a first-reads winner! Say It with Success: Foolproof Ways to Improve Your Presentation is full of great tips from writing your presentation to actually presenting it. Gained some great information! :)
Kelly
I received as a first reads give-away.

I did not enjoy this book. All the tips in it I learned way back in high school, nothing new to help in my presentations. I'm giving it to my daughter to see if it helps her any - she's a high school freshman, but am not counting on it. Disappointing.
Jennie
I won it on Goodreads!

I don't mind the public speaking part, but always have a hard time getting started. This book talks about the presentation prep work and how to make it easier. Small book, very portable, easy to read instructions, very straight forward. Great for school and/or work.
I received an ARC from Goodreads. This book is a slim volume with most of the conventional wisdom about public speaking distilled into a quick read. What is new is a helpful chapter on international speaking and taking a theatrical approach by scripting the speech ahead of time.
Lori
The book had a lot of good suggestions for giving presentations but I didnt feel like I learned anything new. The book may be helpful for a beginner who has not taken any previous public speaking courses. Copy reveiwed was received free via Goodreads First Reads.
Elizabeth (Lizzy)
This book had some simple, easy tips to help you improve your presentation that i never would have thought of. The book is really quite helpful, especially for those who get nervous when speaking in front of people. I can't wait to test them out! :)
Melissa
This was clear and concise. More thorough review coming soon *Please note that I won this book through the Goodreads First Reads Program*
Nghia Truong
Nghia Truong marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2015
Karen Jones
Karen Jones marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2015
Dhivya
Dhivya marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
Rina
Rina marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2014
Leonardo
Leonardo marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2013