Diary of a Confessions Queen

Diary of a Confessions Queen

3.22 of 5 stars 3.22  ·  rating details  ·  146 ratings  ·  34 reviews
Confessions writer Amy Crosby has put her life on hold for the last seven years after the disappearance of her husband, Dan. In writing for True Lies Magazine, guilt-ridden Amy takes on the abilities her fictional characters confess to, such as the time she thought she was psychic after researching clairvoyants. With fatalistic acceptance of the craziness in her life, she...more
Kindle Edition
Published (first published January 1st 2010)

Vicki
Dumb, implausible plot with dumb, unbelievable characters.
Suzie Quint

More of a chick lit mystery than a romance, though I did enjoy it. Full of fun, slightly zany characters. Most often, I have trouble relating to chick lit heroines because they're too often immature and self-absorbed, but I very much liked the heroine in this, especially when she realized she'd been letting everyone take care of her but it was time to start taking care of herself. I also had no idea who the murderer was until very close to the end (and even then it was just a hunch.) Gl...more
Marcy Peskin-Larkin
This book was a very light read. At no point did I experience an investiture in the characters. I was not engaged by what were supposed to be the quirkiness of certain characters or the sincerity of others or the danger some were put it. The mysteries seemed too inane. At no point did I feel my pulse race waiting to learn what would happen next. Although I do admit I did not guess who the killer was, that surprise did not make up for so little content to grab onto. I liked it for what it was - a...more
I hate to leave any book unfinished, but I simply could not continue with this. The author's writing style was very irratict, contained too many metaphors for death (I think I counted around 10 in the first chapter alone!) and was far too Americanised for my tastes. I've even deleted this from my Kindle as I have no intention of picking this up again for another go. Shall not be trying this author again....
Amy
I loved the story here and hope this is the beginning of a series, though I fear it's not. It's a fast read, but a page-turner. The protagonist is quite sympathetic and I really liked her sidekick, too.

Sadly, my brain atrophies quickly and I can't really recall the best points of this one. *sigh* My friggin' old age. ><
Gail
Nice change of pace from other books like this. Fairly predictable but I still enjoyed the characters and subjects researched for the confessions stories. I would recommend it for anyone who like Janet Evanovich or Sarah Strohmeyer.
Brittney
I started out reading with low expectations (it was a freebie from B&N, which I seem to have bad luck getting good titles). Luckily, this exceeded those expectations, it keep me reading later than I should be up. T o be cliche-I couldn't stop reading until the end. I did figure out the culprit roughly halfway through, but I couldn't figure out the motive.

Amy is a confessions writer, whose husband disappeared seven years ago on his way home. Struggling to keep the house they had together from...more
Monique
So finished this book while in the hair salon for an embarrasing number of hours and this book passed the time and entertained me but didnt wow me, make me smile or chuckle, or feel anything but anxious to know what happened and finish it... and I was sad about that..Okay so the plot involves a confessions writer whose husband has been missing for the past seven years and she's been dealing with it as well as she can, dating, writing and even maintaining a semi-relationship with her missing husb...more
Lynda Kelly
I got a bit bored with this, I'm afraid and packed it in 32% in. I flicked to the end after I'd given in and I'd guessed "whodunnit".
There were little sentences and remarks that made me chuckle away to myself and it started well but seemed to get into the realms of fantasy....like a copper saying a person doesn't appear to be dangerous after a rattlesnake had been left for our heroine. Well, if that isn't dangerous, I don't know what is !! So that spoiled it for me.
However, I hadn't happened acr...more
Ed Scott
I thought this book was entertaining. The plotline was good and there never was a point in the book where I would say, "Yeah, right". Had narrowed down the suspects to two but wasn't sure until the guilty party was exposed. The guilty party (notice I don't say he or she) was one of the two I had suspected. I would gladly read another book from this author without thinking twice about it.
Lisa Sargent
Every once in a while I need to take a break from the usual and read a funny, light mystery novel. Although you wouldn't think it would be a light book since it deals with murder, the main character is a hoot and so are most of her friends, family and neighbors who all get in on the action to try to solve the mystery. I hate to say it, but I had no idea who dunnit until the very end.
Nicki
I read almost half. Just couldn't get into this. I did try....
Title is very misleading. It has nothing to do with confessions writing (so far as I read, anyhow). It is actually more of a mystery story.
Style of writing is light an easy, I certainly wouldn't discourage others from giving it a go. It just wasn't for me personally.
Ruth
A light quick read. Frothy and bubbly is how I think of this book after reading it despite the plotting. I did guess who it was. Recommended to those of the normal crew who want something really light to read that does not involve vampires!
Barry
A very nice short mystery with a little romance thrown in for those of you that like that sort of thing. A few twists but I admit to figuring out the killer after the second murder. Nice character development for the length of the book.
Kristi (Passion for the Page)
What a great, fun mystery. The characters are likable and interesting. The plot is cute and I didn't figure out who'd done it (a big plus ;o)) before the end. If you like cozy mysteries, I'd highly recommend it!
Kristin
I loved it. I think Carmichael is a very talented writer. She is just so natural and real. It was an entertaining story. Her characters were interesting and believeable. It is a simple, enjoyable read. Pick it up! :)
Marilyn
This was a good cozy mystery. An author who writes short stories and could put her own life in them. She has many ups and downs, but still goes on. She could be your next door neighbor. Very good.
Lee
This is a fun, easy to read, typical chick-lit book. It's funny and the pace keeps the story moving. It makes me want to check out other Kathy Carmichael's books.

Kathryn
This book was a fun cozy mystery that kept me guessing almost up till the very end. I recommend it for people who like cozy mysteries.
Uber
Nice cast of likable characters. Unfortunately, every third book in the genre has near identical characters.
Amy Sperry
Pretty good read. I wish there had been a little more romance and intrigue but it was a good story line.
Kay
"Confessions" writer solves mystery of her husband who has been missing for 7 years.
Andrea
Though the main character drove me crazy, this was an interesting and funny whodunnit.
Jennifer Mccormick
Not bad. It was a pretty entertaining little murder mystery.
Sheryl
I enjoyed this. I thought it was a fun mystery.
Vicki
Fast read but the mystery was quite predictable.
Leann
A fun read with quirky characters.
Mary Kay
This book is set in Independence, KS.
Linda
Decent chick-lit mystery, well-written.
Kat
Great mystery. Lol'ed a couple times!
  • A Case of Imagination (Madeline Maclin #1)
  • Let Us Prey (Gotcha Detective Agency Mysteries, #1)
  • The Ex Who Wouldn't Die (Charley's Ghost, #1)
  • Bingo Barge Murder (A Shay O'Hanlon Caper, #1)
  • Death of the Couch Potato's Wife
  • Dead End Job
  • September Fair (Murder-by-Month Mystery #5)
  • Mew Is for Murder (Theda Krakow Mystery #1)
  • Armed and Outrageous
  • A Cutthroat Business (A Savannah Martin Mystery, #1)
  • Force of Habit (Falcone & Driscoll Investigation, #1)
  • Crazy in Paradise (Paradise, #1)
  • Moonlighting In Vermont (A Bree MacGowan Mystery #1)
  • Murder Half-Baked
  • Cooking the Books (Sloane Templeton Mysteries #1)
  • Buying Time (Aspen Moore, #1)
  • The Temporary Detective (Isobel Spice #1)
  • Silenced by the Yams (Barbara Marr Murder Mystery #3)
Award-winning author, Kathy Carmichael, writes mysteries, women's fiction and romance. Her 2009 release, HOT FLASH, was named by the American Library Association's BOOKLIST as one of the Top 10 Romance Fiction titles for 2009. Her latest release (and her first mystery novel), DIARY OF A CONFESSIONS QUEEN, received a starred review from BOOKLIST.

She lives on Florida's west coast, along with her hus...more
More about Kathy Carmichael...
Kissing Kelli  (Texas Legacy Romantic Comedy, #1) Hot Flash Angel Be Good Chasing Charlie (The Texas Two-Step, #1) Your Magic Touch

“With very good reason, my favorite animal is the turtle.” 2 likes