Start by marking “Broken” as Want to Read:
Broken

Broken

3.16 of 5 stars 3.16  ·  rating details  ·  104 ratings  ·  10 reviews
A fatal car accident leaves one young man dead…and another suffering.

Officer Steve Pax learns the family of the deceased refuses to give information to the man waiting for word on their son’s condition—shut out because they are unwilling to accept Mario was gay.

Finn won’t leave the hospital until he knows if Mario will survive. Steve is torn between duty and his personal f
Published (first published August 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Broken, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Broken

Betryal
Smith Barney
'Broken' attempt at a story.
Alina
I really liked this book and the characters, but it was way too short. I don't mind short stories per se, but as one of the reviewers said this one looks more like a prologue to an actual story, because it ends just when the real story should follow.
Lee
Okay, in all honesty the only reason I bought this book was because of its cover. I couldn't stop staring at it, I had to have it, that's all there was to it. So I download the book, and after staring at the cover for an unhealthy amount of time, I started reading it--because that's what books are for, right? Well, in the blink of an eye I had read the entire book, all fifteen pages. Just what are the parameters of a short story?

Regardless of how short the book is, it carries a big wallop of a s

Sue bowdley
Just way too short...it had potential to be a great story but it was too short to really do much of anything x
Jason
The silly cop sayings while trying to have sex did it in for me. Cheesy and not good.....Onto the next book.
Amy
I was a bit worried while reading, thinking that the cop, Steve, was going to do something stupid and act on his attraction. But he behaved as he said he would and let Finn make the first move. I liked Finn much more than Steve. Was an okay story, but I wish I liked Steve more.
Byron
Man I hate short stories - NORMALLY!

Broken is a short story that is well written.

My beef with shorts is that they don't really allow character building and story development but when I take that away Broken is a quick REALLY well thought out short..
Rose
This had the makings to become a great novella or novel. However, right when it started getting interesting, it was over. This was way too short!
Lucia
Sam
Sam added it
Aug 14, 2014
Jen Crady
Jen Crady marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014