Start by marking “The Invasion Year (Alan Lewrie, #17)” as Want to Read:
The Invasion Year (Alan Lewrie, #17)

The Invasion Year (Alan Lewrie #17)

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  182 ratings  ·  8 reviews
The Invasion Year is the seventeenth tale in Dewey Lambdin's smashing naval adventure series.

For a fellow like Captain Alan Lewrie, Royal Navy, who despises the French worse than the Devil hates Holy Water, it's hellish-hard to gain a reputation for saving them, not once but twice, when the French refugees from Haiti surrender to England rather than the vengeful ex-slave a
Published January 18th 2011 by Thomas Dunne Books (first published January 7th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Invasion Year, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Invasion Year

joe harmer
real tedious. very slow, and disappointing.
Aspen Junge
I read the entire series largely back-to-back (my local public library is well-stocked). One of the great things about this series is that we get to watch Alan Lewrie, the main character, grow up from a callow, self-indulgent teenager to a mature, thoughtful, and responsible adult.
Edward
I agree with many other reviews...this particular installment doesn't really have the depth and breadth I have come to expect from Lambdin over the years.
Eric
The author has a rich host of characters to expand upon in future books. There is a fair amount of rehash in this book and many loose ends.
John Powell
The lastest, but not last, in the Alan Lewrie series. Having read the earlier stories, it's like sitting down with an old friend.
David Rubin
Give us more Alan Lewrie, Mr. Lambdin. We need to know how his love live and naval career are progressing. All great stuff!
Eric
Not my favorite installment, but it moves the story forward. Looking forward to Sir Alan's next adventure.
Harry Moncelle
Fun book and as an avid Lambdin reader I was not disapointed. I can't wait for the next one!
Robert
Robert added it
Apr 04, 2015
Vilde
Vilde marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2015
Gary Gensinger
Gary Gensinger marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2015
Charles Lauricello
Charles Lauricello marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2015
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Artemis (Kydd Sea Adventures, #2)
  • With All Despatch (Richard Bolitho, #10)
  • The Time of Terror (Nathan Peake, #1)
  • Sails on the Horizon: A Novel of the Napoleonic Wars
Dewey Lambdin (1945- ) is an American nautical historical novelist. He is best known for his Alan Lewrie naval adventure series, set during the Napoleonic Wars. Besides the Alan Lewrie series, he is also the author of What Lies Buried: a novel of Old Cape Fear.

A self-proclaimed "Navy Brat," Lambdin spent a good deal of his early days on both coasts of the U.S.A., and overseas duty stations, with h
More about Dewey Lambdin...

Alan Lewrie (1 - 10 of 21 books)
  • The King's Coat (Alan Lewrie, #1)
  • The French Admiral (Alan Lewrie, #2)
  • The King's Commission (Alan Lewrie, #3)
  • The King's Privateer (Alan Lewrie, #4)
  • The Gun Ketch (Alan Lewrie, #5)
  • H.M.S. Cockerel (Alan Lewrie, #6)
  • A King's Commander (Alan Lewrie, #7)
  • Jester's Fortune (Alan Lewrie, #8)
  • King's Captain (Alan Lewrie, #9)
  • Sea of Grey (Alan Lewrie, #10)
The King's Coat (Alan Lewrie, #1) The King's Commission (Alan Lewrie, #3) The French Admiral (Alan Lewrie, #2) The King's Privateer (Alan Lewrie, #4) The Gun Ketch (Alan Lewrie, #5)