Start by marking “The Baby Bump: 100s of Secrets to Surviving Those 9 Long Months” as Want to Read:
The Baby Bump: 100s of Secrets to Surviving Those 9 Long Months

The Baby Bump: 100s of Secrets to Surviving Those 9 Long Months

Becoming pregnant is hugely exciting, but with so many things to think about, it can also be a bit overwhelming. Ease all worries with The Baby Bump, a comprehensive guide that offers expert and real mom advice on surviving those all-important nine months. Featuring tips and advice on everything future moms really want to knowincluding what is safe to eat, how the baby dev ...more
Published September 8th 2010 by Chronicle Books

To ask other readers questions about The Baby Bump, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Baby Bump

Ellen Gardner
Nov 20, 2016 Ellen Gardner rated it liked it
Ok, I finished the book. Does the baby come out now?
Christy
Jan 05, 2015 Christy rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2015
I liked this one. It was divided into months and had a good deal of information without being completely overwhelming with every detail I don't need to know. It even made me laugh a couple of times! I liked the monthly diagrams of what u could be feeling or what is going on with your body.
gina
Really easy to digest book. Fun to read, easy to go through. Useful but not overwhelming. Sort of like reading a magazine, which might have been their goal. I loved how bright and colorful it was with each page broken up into sections that stood out.
Allison
Dec 31, 2012 Allison rated it liked it
Shelves: babies
This book was okay... it was fairly anecdotal, which was a nice balance to the other more 'researchy' baby books I've been reading, but it also left me feeling fairly unsettled. What can I say, I like science.
Stacie
Aug 21, 2011 Stacie rated it really liked it
Definately a great read for a mother to be. Great illustrations. What to expect is really broken down well and put into simpler terms than just the traditional What to expect when prego book. Very colorful. There are even checklists in the back that are really helpful!!
Ainsley
Aug 05, 2012 Ainsley rated it it was amazing
The way everything is broken down and simplified in a non-patronizing way is fantastic! And the illustrations are fantastic for putting things into perspective for someone not medically trained. I regularly refer to this book when working with moms-to-be to explain things. Love it.
Kathleen
Aug 18, 2013 Kathleen rated it it was amazing
This was my favorite book about pregnancy. It is in a very easy to read format with great illustrations. It gives a lot of information without being overwhelming and is easy to use to refer back to things. There are also a lot of helpful checklists.
Chrisy
May 20, 2015 Chrisy rated it really liked it
Easy to read, not overwhelming, very informative, straight to the point no sugar coating. My favorite preg book.
bookgoddess88
Aug 05, 2012 bookgoddess88 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: resources
This book was super helpful for new moms! Just a few reader friendly pages for each month of pregnancy. This would be a great gift for someone expecting. :)
Monica Fard
Apr 03, 2013 Monica Fard rated it it was amazing
Shelves: baby-parenting
Really breaks things down at a level anyone can understand. Highly recommend the book to new moms to be as well as dads! Everything you'd expect to find in one book.
Tabitha
Jun 08, 2016 Tabitha rated it liked it
I only read months 6 through 10 since I'm in month 6. It seems helpful, although I guess I'll find out as I progress.
Carlin
Oct 03, 2013 Carlin rated it did not like it
This book covers pregnancy on a very superficial level. I found it spoke down to my intelligence. There are more useful resources available for pregnant women.
Korley
Korley rated it really liked it
Jul 06, 2014
M. A.
M. A. rated it really liked it
Sep 19, 2015
Cassandra R. Troja
Cassandra R. Troja rated it liked it
May 12, 2015
Sharon
Sharon rated it liked it
Sep 20, 2012
dara
dara rated it really liked it
May 01, 2014
Leslie
Jun 08, 2014 Leslie rated it liked it
Cutesy and fun. A nice addition to the more heavily involved books I've been reading.
Rachel
Rachel rated it liked it
Dec 01, 2013
Nichole
Nichole rated it it was ok
Aug 15, 2016
kris stafford
kris stafford rated it liked it
Jan 20, 2016
Dion
Dion rated it liked it
Sep 10, 2014
Laura Correa
Laura Correa rated it really liked it
Feb 17, 2015
Alicia
Alicia rated it it was amazing
May 28, 2014
Jasonette Davis
Jasonette Davis rated it it was amazing
Jul 10, 2015
Maaike Boersma
Maaike Boersma rated it really liked it
Sep 04, 2014
Megan
Megan rated it it was ok
Jul 08, 2012
Retro Apple
Retro Apple rated it liked it
Jun 10, 2012
Rafael Sala
Rafael Sala rated it it was amazing
Jul 25, 2015
Sindhu Konakanchi
Sindhu Konakanchi rated it did not like it
Aug 05, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Do Chocolate Lovers Have Sweeter Babies?: The Surprising Science of Pregnancy
  • In On It: What Adoptive Parents Would Like You To Know About Adoption. A Guide for Relatives and Friends. (Mom's Choice Award Winner)
  • Adoption: What Joseph of Nazareth Can Teach Us about This Countercultural Choice
  • The Best Homemade Baby Food on the Planet: Know What Goes Into Every Bite with More Than 200 of the Most Deliciously Nutritious Homemade Baby Food Recipes-Includes More Than 60 Purees Your Baby Will Love
  • Charade: Impetuous\Outrageous
  • When a Mullo Loves a Woman
  • 52 Things Kids Need from a Mom: What Mothers Can Do to Make a Lifelong Difference
  • From the Hips: A Comprehensive, Open-Minded, Uncensored, Totally Honest Guide to Pregnancy, Birth, and Becoming a Parent
  • Sleeping Through the Night: How Infants, Toddlers, and Their Parents Can Get a Good Night's Sleep
  • Your Baby's First Year: Week By Week (Your Pregnancy Series)
  • Breeding in Captivity: One Woman's Unusual Path to Motherhood
  • Dancers Among Us: A Celebration of Joy in the Everyday
  • How to Rock Your Baby: And Other Timeless Tips for Modern Moms
  • Save My Soul (Preternaturals, #2)
  • What I Eat: Around the World in 80 Diets
  • Lotta Jansdotter's Simple Sewing for Baby: 20 Easy Projects for Newborns to Toddlers
  • The Blue Jay's Dance: A Birth Year