Start by marking “De onderhandelaar” as Want to Read:
De onderhandelaar

De onderhandelaar

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  6,821 ratings  ·  113 reviews
Een internationaal vermaarde onderhandelaar wordt ingeschakeld wanneer de zoon van de Amerikaanse president om politiek-economische redenen wordt ontvoerd.
418 pages
Published (first published 1989)

To ask other readers questions about De onderhandelaar, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about De onderhandelaar

Deepak Eshwar
Read it for Quinn the main protagonist. This novel is spine chilling with twists and turns, that will make you lose your way deep inside the novel. When you come out of it, you ll feel like the one who built the maze. Hats off to "the master story teller".
Bob

A 1998 Forsyth thriller has the US and Russia worried about the supply and cost of oil which is pushing $20 a barrel. The US President and Russia’s Gorbachev are about to sign a disarmament treaty that has Military hardliners on both sides angry at loss of funds and material. A US oil Barron who talks to God and gets personal responses has gathered a group of oil men and industrialists, all who stand to loose big money if the treaty goes through, in a plot to get the US President out of office.
W
Benjamin Thomas
I pulled this one from my book store because I was looking for a Cold War era thriller and have not yet read much from Mr Forsyth. I understand that he does an enormous amount of research for his books and that certainly showed here. This was a well-though out novel and well-structured even though it suffers from amazingly bad publishing timing. It was written in the late 1980s and the traditional Cold War relationship between the US and USSR continues throughout the novel. Of course the author ...more
Jose Philip
Awesome is the word for this book. This is a book from a person with high IQ, likely to be over 120. Here are my reasons: (1)The story unfolds within a period of one year with a large number of charecters playing their role. Frederick Forsyth has shown an unparelleled skill in crafting their roles carefully and the timing for bringing them into the story. (2) His understanding of US, Europe and Middle East is so great that places and cultures fit very well into the story line. (3) The story is n ...more
Stefan
The first two chapters of The Negotiator were very slow and uninteresting and I feared that this would be a tedious read. Fortunately, the pace began to pick up and I became immersed in the story. The plot contains several sub-plots (all of which are satisfactorily wrapped up in the conclusion), a number of interesting characters (notably the protagonist, Quinn), a number of neat settings (Vermont, Washington D.C., Corsica, Germany, the Netherlands, France, Russia, Texas, and others, all of whic ...more
Steven Sitongan
Buku pertama yang telah dibaca (The Day of the Jackal) dari sang penulis memberikan kesan pertama yang luar biasa. Frederick Forsyth alias FF memberikan jaminan no.1 buat sebuah cerita kriminal, saya angkat topi untuk Penerbit Serambi yang menerbitkannya di Indonesia. Meskipun beberapa typo di buku ini, tidak mengurangi rasa antusias buat menghabiskan TN. Sungguh karya terbaru FF ini merupakan cerita yang memukau!

Singkat cerita buku ini merupakan sebuah jalinan cerita yang saling terkait, ibarat
Scott Holstad
The first fourth of this book is pretty boring, but then something big happens and things liven up so that it ends up being a first class thriller.

In the book, the US President and Russia’s Gorbachev are about to sign a disarmament treaty that has conservative hard liners TICKED -- enough to do serious damage to derail this treaty and see it go away. And so the president's son is kidnapped over in England. The White House calls in the best hostage negotiator in the world, a retired commando name
Kanna
Superb.... awesome.... what else can I say.... What a suspence.... what a narration..... At the beginning it looks like a boring novel but after some 20 pages the momentum gains and after that, whenever I found some free time available, I read it.
Ram
Just finished reading "The Negotiator" by Frederick Forsyth, an international espionage thriller involving more than a dozen countries and a plot that keeps you riveted to the book. Brilliant.
Chetan
Clear 5 for Frederick Forsyth... I like his books, the reason being he writes fiction.The way he moves you along with the story is wonderful.
Marcy Speer
I did not expect to enjoy this tightly woven novel but I could hardly wait to turn the page.
Robbie
Haven't read a bad Forsyth book yet. You'll love this one!
Bob Conner
If you're reading these "reviews," you'll no doubt notice that I say the same thing about all of Forsyth's works.

I devour every book he writes; there's simply nothing better in the world of intrigue, in my opinion.

Once you read one of Forsyth's books, you'll read them all. I began reading his work in the 1980's and haven't stopped. This guy gets you into his stories and doesn't let you go.

Forsyth's writings are an accurate representation of "eat or be eaten" and that coupled with his knowledge o
Pawan

We read so much about kidnapping and then associated negotiations to get the hostages rescued but rarely we get to know what exactly happens during negotiations. Frederick Forsyth has brought that aspect of negotiations in this book “The Negotiator” with all the details in his usual style. On the face of it the book is a usual thriller that involves peace treaty between US and Russia and the evil enemies trying to destroy the treaty for their financial gains and se
Al
From Publishers Weekly

The reader almost despairs of a story getting under way in Forsyth's latest: the situation takes so long to set up, and is mired in such wearisome detail. Finally, after it has been made clear that both a renegade Soviet military group and a fanatical Texan oil baron plan to take over an oil-rich Middle Eastern state for their different twisted reasons, the action begins. The son of the American president (who is about to sign a major arms agreement with Gorbachev himself

Bita
Overall I enjoyed reading this one. It was a good thriller.
There was only one thing about it I didn't like. In the first half he had the reader involved in 3 developing stories: The negotiator Quinn, Russians, and the plot in Saudi Arabia. However sometime in the middle of the book the Russian and Arabian plot completely disappeared and it was just Quinn. Him being the most invincible man ever...
Then at the end he solves all the problems, you are given a very short synopsis of what transpired i
Jim Puskas
Quinn is much more than a negotiator: he's also a highly trained and experienced commando, typical of Forsyth's central characters. Of course, in a Forsyth novel things are never quite what they seem; we're never quite sure who can be trusted and who the traitors are. As usual, Forsyth introduces a large cast of characters, whose lives intersect in complex ways.
One minor quibble: Forsyth's research, usually impeccable, is a bit suspect in his depiction of winter in the hill country of Vermont as
Olly
Thriller yang keren banget. Hero nya, Quinn, seorang negoisator ulung, ahli menangani kasus-kasus penculikan internasional, yang melibatkan petinggi dunia. Setelah kematian istri dan anaknya memilih mengasingkan diri di pedalaman Spanyol menjadi petani jeruk! Sampai sebuah kasus penculikan yang melibatkan anak presiden memaksanya keluar dari pengasingan untuk kembali beraksi.
Sam, cantik, berani, agen FBI terlatih dipilih untuk mendampingi sang serigala Quinn, untuk membantu sekaligus memata-mata
Juan Nieto Cano
Otro librazo más de Forsyth. Historia llena de acción y suspense, con una trama de espionaje, conspiración y traición, muy en la línea de sus otras novelas, y que otra vez entran en juego dos viejas adversarias, Estados Unidos y la antigua URSS. La historia se desarrolla en Europa, en países como España, Inglaterra, Bélgica o Francia entre otros, y en todos ellos el autor nos describe cada ciudad de manera exacta y minuciosa. En resumen el libro, la historia o los personajes son muy buenos, la t ...more
Lany
I call it: Forsyth bangeedd...full of history details, characters, details of locations, just like reading a history book, but thousand times better.

BUT (there's always a but)...maybe too much details. Kadang2 suka capek juga bacanya. Ada detail2 yang kayaknya cuma mau buat bukunya biar tebel aja deh. maybe a bit of a drag in the middle. Karena pas akhirnya langsung whirlwind...kyk kejar tayang.

Misalnya: Quinn yang awalnya diceritain jagoan dan spy bgt itu...masa tiba2 berhasil dicapture dengan
Anandnag Babu
Former Indian Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi was assassinated by a suicide bomber from the Sri Lankan separatist organisation, LTTE. The assassin wore a belt bomb (similar to the plot in the novel) which she exploded when she got near the leader, killing herself and Rajiv Gandhi.
Hobby
The best thriller suspense from Frederick Forsyth's I ever read ...

more about this book, just check my complete review at here :
( http://my-mystery-readings.blogspot.c... )
Peter Sharpe
Excellent thriller and probably (just) my favourite Forsyth novel. Brilliantly plotted and immersive, the detail really lets you get lost in the world of international criminals and those trying to stop them.
Natxo Cruz
Una de les reflexions que poden fer-se al voltant dels llibres de Forsyth és que no poden llegir-se consecutivament, que cal espaiar-ne la lectura tant com es pugui. En cas contrari, la sensació de dejà vu és constant; els personatges semblen tots fets a partir de motlles comuns i les històries, en alguns moments, semblen una enumeració de fets acompanyada d'un sempre present catàleg dels serveis d'intel·ligència de diversos països, exèrcits, policia, etc.
Malgrat tot, i s'observa amb una certa p
Ruli
The book tells the story of a negotiator who lost the hostage he was negotiating for. He was then thrown into a world of political conspiracies that saw him travel around Europe as he unravels the plot and solve the murder.

In short, its a typical Forsyth book. The conspiracy is well thought out with characters that are engaging and intriguing. Although Forsyth shows his incredible storytelling skill in this book, its not as deep (subjectively speaking) as his legendary spy novels. I get a feelin
Roberta Marro
This thriller reveals a dark political plot, and in the process rapidly moves around Europe and North America. Quinn's relentless search for a ruthless kidnap mastermind is like a grand tour.
Peter
(entered this years after reading; read this before Goodreads)

Probably enjoyed it.

Aurora library.
Filip
I decided to re-read the book, as even though I generally remembered the outline of the plot, I couldn't recall the details. I can definitely state, that this second time I enjoyed the book as much as the first time. While it starts slowly and I mean - really slowly - the pace becomes faster and faster and at the end it is hard to stop reading. The characters are really nice and surprisingly developed for this author - Forsyth has always been a master of plot, not of characters. And this is one ...more
James Amoateng
Forsyth at his best is all I can say. He always makes my day. Another unputdownable thrilller.
Angel Serrano
¿Cómo se negocia con alguien que nunca pretendió negociar? Cuando el hijo del Presidente de los Estados Unidos es secuestrado se sospecha de algún complot internacional. Sin embargo, Quinn descubrirá un complot más cercano y peligroso.
  • The Scorpio Illusion
  • The Last Frontier
  • Cold Harbour
  • Strong Medicine
  • Winter Hawk (Mitchell Gant, #3)
Frederick Forsyth, CBE (born 25 August 1938) is an English author and occasional political commentator. He is best known for thrillers such as The Day of the Jackal, The Odessa File, The Fourth Protocol, The Dogs of War, The Devil's Alternative, The Fist of God, Icon, The Veteran, Avenger, The Afghan, and recently The Cobra and The Kill List.

The son of a furrier, he was born in Ashford, Kent, educ
More about Frederick Forsyth...
The Day of the Jackal The Odessa File The Fourth Protocol The Dogs of War The Devil's Alternative