PunditMom's Mothers of Intention: How Women & Social Media are Revolutionizing Politics in America

4.18 of 5 stars 4.18  ·  rating details  ·  11 ratings  ·  5 reviews

Born out of websites and blogs, Mothers of Intention is a collection of powerfully written essays by passionate women out to prove that they aren't just another slice of the "motherhood political pie." The stories and opinions in this book are proof of the strong undercurrent much of the political world is ignoring-women's voices and, more specifically, those of mothers.

Published June 1st 2011 by Bright Sky Press (first published January 1st 2011)

Amie Adams
For decades, women have been the deciding vote in Presidential elections in the US. Joanne Bamberger knows that foreign policy issues are women's issues, that economic policies are women's issues, that defense issues are women's issues. Women--and more specifically mothers--decide our elections because we take care of our parents, we take care of our children, we take care of our mates and we make most of the financial decisions for our families. Want to know what women are thinking this electio...more
Rita Arens
Part of being an engaged citizen is trying to understand the viewpoint of those who don't agree with you. Though it's painful to think of anyone thinking me wrong, I do try to get under the rhetoric and figure out what those on the other side of my pet issues are thinking. Joanne is well known in the blogosphere as a go-to for civil political discourse, and she doesn't disappoint with this collection.
MM
Well. I like all the excerpts. I like the concept. I think I'd like some more commentary, though -- pulling it all together, connecting it. hmmm. Not exactly sure.
Amy Boughner
Interesting to read thoughts from both sides on the 2008 campaigns - things I hadn't previously thought of and ways I hadn't considered thinking
Corey
Powerful essays and well edited
Julia
Julia marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2014
Julie K
Julie K is currently reading it
Apr 20, 2014
Alan Rosenblatt
Alan Rosenblatt marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2014
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2013
Susan
Susan is currently reading it
Apr 20, 2013
Wendy Sue Peterson
Wendy Sue Peterson marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2013
Emily
Emily added it
Jun 03, 2013
Carol
Carol marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2012
Amber
Amber marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2012
Sarah Maida
Sarah Maida marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2012
Amy Dalton
Amy Dalton marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2012
Kimberly
Kimberly marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2012
Melissa Davis
Melissa Davis marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2012
Christopher Wensley
Christopher Wensley marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2012
Nicole
Nicole added it
Feb 26, 2012
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2011
Marcele
Marcele marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2011
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2011