White House White-Out

White House White-Out (A to Z Mysteries: Super Edition #3)

4.17 of 5 stars 4.17  ·  rating details  ·  369 ratings  ·  18 reviews
IT'S A SNOWY December in Washington, D.C., and Dink, Josh, and Ruth Rose are there to see the sights. While they're admiring the White House, they meet the president's stepdaughter, KC, and her friend, Marshall. Soon, in the confusion of all the people decorating the White House for Christmas, the president's dog, Natasha, goes missing! The kids set out to find her, but it...more
Published August 1st 2008 by Perfection Learning (first published 2008)

Evelynn {The Literary Pianist}
Another great mystery for kids from the A to Z Mysteries by Ron Roy.

The mystery this time wasn't so much the "whodunit" as the "what's gonna happen next". It was a nice change of pace in comparison to the Encyclopedia Brown books, which are usually the "whodunit" or the "how'd they slip up".

(view spoiler)

I think th...more
Ms. Myers
Ruth ross ,josh,and dink Washington d.c and it is really snowy .they stay in the hotel that is near the white house so they go to check out the white house and they where out side b a fence ,there was the presidents step daughter named k.c ,her friend Marshall ,and her dog Natasha .k.c let josh,ruth Ross ,and dink in to the white house and there where decorators to decorate the white house for Christmas .k.c showed them what she was going to give to the president it was a whistle so he could tra...more
Dolly
Dec 22, 2009 Dolly rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
We've really enjoyed the A to Z Mysteries series and love that Mr. Roy has written a couple extra "Super Edition" stories with the same characters. And what's even better is that Dink, Josh, and Ruth Rose get to meet KC and Marshall from the Capital Mysteries series. We really liked that. We enjoyed looking for the hidden letters in the pictures, too, figuring out the special message. It's a really fun book and we will read more by this author very soon.
Ann Moody
Chose this in conjunction with a trip to Washington DC. It was okay, but the kids get into situations throughout that are completely unrealistic. Yes, I know it's fiction, just pretend. But they get much closer to the presidential family than could ever possibly happen, and they get into an extremely dangerous situation that in real life could easily end in disaster. This is our 2nd A to Z mystery and based on that I rank the series as "average."
Mary
I liked the story it was a fast read and shows that kids can accomplish things, but I didn't like the fact that a child in a high-profile place took a chance that allowed her to be kidnapped. I felt that the children should have approached one of the adults in charge of protection to help them. I also felt that someone who was friends with a person who was unstable was allowed free access to our White House.
Qiankun Liu
This so good, is about Dink, Josh,and Ruth Rose meet president’s stepdaughter, KC, and her friend, Marshall.Then all the people decorating the White House for Christmas, the president’s dog, Natasha, goes missing! So they look for Natasha. And Natasha save they live. The adventure is so excite, and they are very smart to.
Kari
A to Z mysteries are the perfect starter mystery for kids. The detective is pretty clear, the mystery is also pretty clear, even the bad guy is pretty clear. But, there are still clues to be found in the book, so early mystery readers can do the work of 'trying to figure out the solution to the mystery.'
Moop
Great book for third graders. Has mystery and suspense! The presidents dog and step kids are kidnapped and taken away in a van by some Christmas decorators that were working at the whit house. They eventually end up in a snow pile. Fun book for young readers.
Sydney
when dink and his friends visit washington d.c. they meet the president's stepdaughter and her friend.then the president's dog natasha is kidnapped dink and hiss friends and the president's step daughter and her friend are on the case to find natasha.
Lisadunbar22
Payton
Its where Dink,Josh,Ruth Rose,KC,and Marshall have to find the first dog,Natasha,but when they find her they all seem to be kinapped and have to survive the in the snow and find Natasha again.
Angela
Ambitious book by Ron Roy. The only problem my daughter had was believing any parent would let their children wander around Washington D.C. without a chaperone.

Horace Mann Family Reading Challenge
Ruth Rose meet the presidents step daughter and her friend and they all get stuck in a snow bank. L.A.
Emily
i liked this book because i could connect with most of the things in that book
Kaitlin
This is the best one that he ever wrote!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ruchita
Very special book to read !!!!
Charlotte Smith
Charlotte Smith marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Martha B
Martha B marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Vivian
Vivian added it
Jul 22, 2014
Danielle Smith
Danielle Smith marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
Annie
Annie marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
  • Pony Problems (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew, #3)
  • Cam Jansen and the School Play Mystery (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #21)
  • Nate the Great and the Missing Key
  • A Crazy Day With Cobras (Magic Tree House, #45)
  • The African Safari Discovery (Flat Stanley's Worldwide Adventure, #6)
  • Horrible Harry and the Green Slime
  • Sarah the Sunday Fairy (Rainbow Magic: Fun Day Fairies, #7)
  • The Chalk Box Kid (Stepping Stone Books)
  • Shadow (The Puppy Place, #3)
Full name: Wallace Ronald Roy
Most known for the children's mystery series "A-Z Mysteries" and "Calendar Mysteries"
More about Ron Roy...
The Absent Author (A to Z Mysteries, #1) The Bald Bandit (A to Z Mysteries, #2) The Invisible Island (A to Z Mysteries, #9) The Canary Caper (A to Z Mysteries, #3) The Empty Envelope (A to Z Mysteries, #5)