Scripture: Nourished by the Word

Scripture: Nourished by the Word

3.5 of 5 stars 3.50  ·  rating details  ·  8 ratings  ·  1 review
Scripture is the Word that nourishes us. Scripture: Nourished by the Word explores the nature of Scripture. Learn more about this in the Catholic Basics series from Loyola Press. Catholic Basics: A Pastoral Series offers an in-depth yet accessible understanding of the fundamentals of the Catholic faith for adults, both those active in pastoral ministry and those preparing...more
Published April 1st 2001 by Loyola Press

Marcus
The book is clearly written which makes it very easy to understand. I was surprised to learn some of the facts that surround the origin of the Bible. I also enjoyed learning the difference between being a 'Contextualist' as opposed to being a 'Fundamentalist.' This is a great read for those who want to get a better understanding of God's plan for us.
Grok Testuser
Grok Testuser is currently reading it
Dec 17, 2013
Leo
Leo marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2013
Ralph
Ralph added it
Jan 17, 2013
Yen
Yen marked it as to-read
May 28, 2012
Anne
Anne marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2011
Jolene
Jolene added it
Apr 06, 2011
And God Said What?: An Introduction to Biblical Literary Forms for Bible Lovers Why the Catholic Church Must Change: A Necessary Conversation The Catholic Church and Change in the Twenty-First Century Breaking Open the Lectionary: Cycle A: Lectionary Readings in Their Biblical Context for RCIA, Faith Sharing Groups, and Lectors The Bible and the End of the World: Should We Be Afraid?