Storm is Coming!

Storm is Coming!

4.18 of 5 stars 4.18  ·  rating details  ·  97 ratings  ·  21 reviews
When the old farmer warns that a storm is coming, Dog spreads the word and leads all of the animals to shelter. Huddled together, they wait anxiously for Storm to come. But who is this frightening creature named Storm, and what will happen when he arrives? When the rain starts pelting the roof and lightning fills the sky, the animals are relieved. The sky must be trying to...more
Paperback
Published April 12th 2004 by Puffin (first published March 18th 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Storm is Coming!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Storm is Coming!

Carole
The farmer sounds the alarm to his animals that a storm is coming. The rest of the story has the animals anxiously running around trying to make sure every animal knows about the storm--whatever that is?
Hayley
This book is a very cute and clever book about a bunch of barnyard animals mistaking the incoming storm for a monster by the name of Storm. The farmer herds them all into the barn to keep them safe, yelling, "Storm is coming!" all the while. Once in the barn, the animals' noise woke the cat, who demanded to know who 'Storm' was supposed to be. The animals didn't know, and the cat went back to sleep.

For the rest of the day the duck peers out the window and announces what's happening to the outsid...more
Stacey Learst
A cute tale of a misunderstood definition of a storm by the farm animals. The illustrations were colorful and cute. By the end of the book the reader finally figures out the definition of storm through the misunderstanding of the animals and the farmer coming to get them after the storm has passed.

Learning Extension: You could have a lesson on words and their meanings, and words that are spelled differently but mean the same . You could also have the children engage in stories of times where the...more
Amy Lutchen
If you need a new children's book, GO FIND THIS ONE! I picked this up at one of those book fairs and I love it so much that I secretly pull it out when the kids aren't around and read it to myself, even reenacting the bleating sheep. Weird? Maybe. It's funny how every single time I open this to read it I think, "Why didn't I think of this?" It's a novel idea, so simple, yet soooooo entertaining. I guarantee that you and your sweet little ones will truly enjoy this story. If you have a child who...more
I came across a book recently that I really liked. It's called Storm is Coming by Heather Tekavec. The story is about a farmer gathering his animals together into the barn because a storm is coming. The animals do not understand what "storm" is, but are scared because the farmer seems scared. Lots of reds, oranges, and yellows are used throughout the book, giving a sense of the high energy of the frantic animals. The text adds some humor to the story that would be missed by viewing the pictures...more
Jan
When the old farmer heard the storm warnings, he hurried to gather all his animals into the barn. The animals were frightened. The farmer had said "Storm" was coming. Who is "Storm"? He must be an awful creature if they had to hide from him. When the wind and rain come, the animals are happy -- the thunder and lightning are chasing away "Storm"!

Full color pastel illustrations bring energy and life to this fun picture book for ages 2-6.
Nicole
Very cute pictures and I love how when the sheep talk, the vowels are drawn out to mimic their baa-ing. Cute play on words when the farmer tells the dog to round up all the animals into the barn because storm is coming, and they think it's a person. Predictable, of course, but it's a kid's book! Cute. Another one my son listens to on CD. Read it to my toddler this evening.
Robb
Very enjoyable book. A storm is coming and all the farm animals are gathered in the barn, awaiting a visitor named Storm. They think storm is a person, and they are afraid of it. So, they chear on the stormy weather, because the weather will keep them hidden from "Storm".
Amber Pangburn
The dog ran around the farm to go get the animals for the barn. The animals were then protected from the strom. I would use this in a classroom to help show the students how to protect their friends.
Sharlet Mullen
This story is about how animals may see a storm. They all go to the barn and wait for Storm (who they think is a person). As the storm passes they do not understand. A fun story to use expression.
Erica - Bonner Springs Library
A cute picture book about animals on a farm who are scared of a storm that's approaching. A co-worker told me her 2-year-old granddaughter loves this book.
Erica
Joni Fletcher
Love this story! It was a so cute and the kids loved it! Fun story about how we take things out of proportion.
Tierra Garr
Funny little story about farm animals being warned about a storm coming, but they have no idea what it is!
Debbie
I love the book and the kids did too when they understood what storm was.
Ryan
My best part was when the storm was over cause they could go outside.
Greta
I thought it was really funny.
Max
I liked the sheeps buts
Grace
I loved this story.
Jamie Fritz
Jamie Fritz marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014