Start by marking “Now Eat This! Diet” as Want to Read:
Now Eat This! Diet

Now Eat This! Diet

3.65 of 5 stars 3.65  ·  rating details  ·  285 ratings  ·  30 reviews
On the heels of the bestselling success of his low-calorie Now Eat This! cookbook, Rocco Dispirito expands his brand with a weight-loss program guaranteed to produce maximum results with minimum effort.

Award-winning celebrity chef Rocco DiSpirito changed his life and his health-without giving up the foods he loves or the flavor. He has lost more than 20 pounds, participate
Published March 22nd 2011 by Grand Central Life & Style (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Now Eat This! Diet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Now Eat This! Diet

N.L. Riviezzo
In the past, I have found great dislike with DiSpirito's cookbooks so I was a little hesitant with this one. However, I was recently placed on a 1200 to 1400 calorie a day diet by my doctor which prompted an interest to look at this cookbook. I was very pleasantly surprised by it.

Many cookbooks that deal in lower calories recipes are very heavy in artificial sweeteners - which I'm allergic to - and often rely on rather unhealthy pre-packed foods just dished out in smaller portions. While pre-pac
Theresa
Pretty good cookbook! I only give it 3 stars because I have not tried any recipes yet, and out of all the choices, i really only see maybe 10 I'd try. My big problem is that a lot of the recipes call for many ingredients, a lot of work, and ingredients you wouldn't normally have on hand. I am a mom so I need recipes that are fairly easy, and I like to work with mostly ingredients I have in my pantry, minus fresh stuff of course. But, I love the idea of the book and everything looks like it would ...more
Marcia Herbert Herbert
I love this book. I know people have been saying some of the stuff is hard to find, but i found that most of it is in the organic section of the store. I have had a hard time finding a couple things and have instead either subbed something else or skipped that recipe.
They are easy and decently quick to make.
One of my favs are the blueberry muffins and the banana muffins they are so awesome!
I love this book and I'm going to keep on trying to reach my weight goal with this book
Mimi
YUMMMMM!!!!! There is nothing in the world that can be compared to Great food. And that's what this book is all about. It has great recipes with lower calories and less fat and are still delicious. This is the kind of "cook book" that I think was worth my money. I highly recommend it to people that want to go on a diet, but don't want to deprive themselves of the goodie yummy foods we all love.
Erika
*I got this book as an ARC through the goodreads first reads program.

This is a pretty good cookbook, designed to help you lose weight without feeling like you're being deprived of foods you love.

Now, in order to lose weight like he claims, you'd have to eat every meal and snack out of this cookbook. For me, that's just not realistic, since it takes time to cook and sometimes chips and salsa is my snack of choice because there is zero prep required.

However, he offers great alternatives to common
Vicki
Rocco's new book is a great mix of inspiration, motivation and education! Rocco covers many aspects of what it takes to live a healthier lifestyle including what to eat, how to shop, and ways to increase activity levels in a friendly, engaging way. We have tried a number of recipes detailed in the book including "Mac and Cheese with Ham and Broccoli" and "Tuna Croquettes with Dill Relish" and were very pleased with the flavorful results as well as with the easy to follow instructions. I highly r ...more
Andrea
This is a great book with lots of stuff that seems like it would be healthy and still tasty. On the flip side I can't even think about following this as a diet plan. The grocery list was 5 pages long for two weeks. Even if I had the money to but that much food I wouldn't even be able to find the time to cook it. I picked up some good tips and ideas and that is what allowed be to give this book 3 stars. For someone to follow this plan they would need a big food budget, a good amount of time, and ...more
I received this book as part of a Goodreads Giveaway.

The book is largely a recipe book with healthier versions of comfort food. However, there is also a lot of information about staying on track for a healthier lifestyle. Lots of color photos and good recipes. The recipes are easy enough -- the only downside is that not every recipe has "common" ingredients. You won't necessarily be able to whip something up without planning on having all the ingredients. Nonetheless, it's a good cookbook for an
Susan
Now Eat This!
Rocco DiSpirito

As the cover promises, Rocco has revised recipes for 150 favorite American comfort foods so that they contain fewer than 350 calories. The title is expanded on each recipe page to read “Now You Can Eat This!”

Unlike most food (and decorating) books, the introduction is worth reading. Rocco explains how he reduced calories and even sodium. For example, for his faux-fried (oven-baked) items, he uses beaten eggs whites rather than whole eggs for the dredging process. He
Rebecca
This has a lot of interesting recipes, which I will try, eventually. My one gripe are the serving sizes of the recipes. If I make a shake that serves 4, what am I to do with the rest? Put it in the fridge. I tried that and it didn't go well.

Other than that, this has some tasty recipes that are much healthier.
Pat Buzby
Ninety percent of the recipes are just common sense but Rocco had done a nice job with easy recipes and nice set up. I love reading cookbooks and collecting them. Unfortunately Rocco doesn't allow much in the dessert category....my weakness, but his malted milk shake has me longing for summer and big cold one out on the porch doing my summer reading. Yumm-o...or is that the Rachael Ray sign-off. The photos of the new slimmed down Rocco are pretty easy on the eyes,too.
Jan
would rate this book higher if I was a cook. There are some really yummy looking recipes here but I would never make them. However, I love the way he breaks the day into calorie chunks. So you count the calories for the meal and work them into the total calories for the day. This really appeals to me for some reason, and it works with weight watchers online too.So I am going to map out meals and then mix and match them. It is a great idea!
Nicole
As I was contemplating going on the Dukan Diet, the thought of all that animal protien and deprivation caused me to grab this book off the shelf and give it a try. Much better (for me) than South Beach/Dukan plans, lots of variety and flavor. For someone who likes to cook, I would recommend it. That being said, for a busy couple, cutting out the eating out part of our lives has been tough and I'm spending a LOT of time in the kitchen.
Phyllis
Crystal
Contains a few nice recipes, easily veganized. Mr. Rocco DiSpirito was little more riveting than his book, however. n.n
Shandra
Ok one-day I swear I am going to marry Rocco, when I don't know. Gorgeous photos, and great recipes.
Barbara  Lynn
My first impression of this diet was made by the photo on the Forward page by Dr.OZ: Eggplant and Roasted Red Pepper Torta, Oh my goodness!

Once I got past that one photo and started reading the Introduction, I was hooked. This is a diet that “takes off ugly pounds as easily as you gained them and still lets you eat all your favorite foods.”

Sounds too good to be true, but then again most diets are so restrictive and when you get off them you go back to your previous eating habits. This diet let
Luann
We have tried many of these recipes and they all work and are very tasty. You do need to have a well stocked pantry for most of these recipes. I am on Weight Watchers and many of these recipes work for me. Good food!
Louise
Meh. Rocco has a great attitude, and gives mostly solid advice (though I'd trust actual scientific studies and dietitians over a celebrity chef for weight loss help), and the color code system is creative... but all of this talk about "real" food is just talk. Egg Beaters and such are for keeping calorie counts down -- which is fine for folks who really need to massively restrict calories -- but they are not involved in the kind of authentic Italian food Rocco rhapsodizes about. I'll try some of ...more
Nikka Calindas
Just got hungrier reading this...
Helene (Nova726)
I was so excited to win this book!
I'll be honest and say that I haven't made of the recipes yet, but if I feel the rating needs to change at that point I'll edit the review.
I really liked the explanations that he gives and it makes me feel like this will be a plan that I can really stick with.
I was happy to see that the recipes use ingredients that I can easily find in my supermarket and the recipes are just a few steps.
Monica Cox
It was helpful to see what a 1200 calorie diet looks like. Also, he breaks the recipes down to 4 servings so you can get a handle on what a single portion looks like. We eat healthy ingredients but eat way too much of it. Thank you Rocco for a serving of reality.
Christine Jensen
I didn't care for this cookbook because it used too many alternative ingredients. While sure, I would like to enjoy chocolate cake or other deserts, but if I have to add artificial sugars, and other odd ingredients, I wont' make them, no matter how low calorie. I want real ingredients.
Janet
Great idea and easy to follow, I just wonder about price and that fact that some of these things I don't like.

I really would like to try this diet when I can spend a little more time understanding, researching, etc.
LorCon
This is a collection of "comfort food" type recipes that Rocco has made very lowfat. I think I would rather not eat Mac and Cheese if it has to be with lowfat cheese and whole wheat pasta.......
Heather
The thing I don't like about this book is that a lot of the rcipes call for uncommon ingredients. Not sure I'll ever make even one of the recipes.
Sherri Bartels
Great, sound advice. Recipes sound awesome, can't wait to get cookin'. And an added bonus are the pictures of Rocco!
Patricia
I especially love the recipes for smoothies! (and interesting story on how he began his journey to get fit!)
Amanda Jalbert
Great tips & recipes!
Pam
Fabulous. :)
  • Top Secret Recipes--Sodas, Smoothies, Spirits, & Shakes: Creating Cool Kitchen Clones of America's Favorite Brand-Name Drinks
  • Once-A-Month Cooking: A Proven System for Spending Less Time in the Kitchen and Enjoying Delicious, Homemade Meals Every Day
  • Hungry Girl 300 Under 300: 300 Breakfast, Lunches & Dinner Dishes Under 300 Calories
  • The Meat Lover's Meatless Cookbook: Vegetarian Recipes Carnivores Will Devour
  • Down Home with the Neelys: A Southern Family Cookbook
  • More Make It Fast, Cook It Slow: 200 Brand-New, Budget-Friendly, Slow-Cooker Recipes
  • 'wichcraft: Craft a Sandwich into a Meal--And a Meal into a Sandwich
  • How to Break an Egg: 1,453 Kitchen Tips, Food Fixes, Emergency Substitutions, and Handy Techniques
  • The Best Recipe
  • More Diners, Drive-ins and Dives: A Drop-Top Culinary Cruise Through America's Finest and Funkiest Joints
  • The Biggest Loser Cookbook: More Than 125 Healthy, Delicious Recipes Adapted from NBC's Hit Show
  • Jacques Pépin More Fast Food My Way
  • Glorious One-Pot Meals: A Revolutionary New Quick and Healthy Approach to Dutch-Oven Cooking
  • 400 Calorie Fix
  • Avec Eric: A Culinary Journey with Eric Ripert
  • Molto Gusto: Easy Italian Cooking
  • Top Chef the Cookbook
  • Perfect Recipes for Having People Over
Now Eat This!: 150 of America's Favorite Comfort Foods, All Under 350 Calories Now Eat This! Italian: Favorite Dishes from the Real Mamas of Italy--All Under 350 Calories The Pound a Day Diet: Lose Up to 5 Pounds in 5 Days by Eating the Foods You Love Flavor Rocco's Real Life Recipes: Fast Flavor for Everyday