Start by marking “Perfect Alibi (Mike Daley Series #7)” as Want to Read:
Perfect Alibi (Mike Daley Series #7)

Perfect Alibi (Mike Daley Mystery #7)

4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  402 ratings  ·  27 reviews
Judge Jack Fairchild is found in his home, murdered by a hammer blow to the head. His son is the prime suspect, but young Bobby was out that evening with his girl-friend, Grace Daley, daughter of the legal partners Daley and Fernandez. Grace was with Bobby all evening, and would not lie to her parents, so she provides Bobby with the Perfect Alibi. Sheldon Siegel, a graduat ...more
Published August 19th 2010 by M P Publishing Limited (first published May 1st 2009)

Monnie
This is the 7th in the series featuring Mike Daley and Rosie Fernandez, who once were married but now share a law practice, a teenage daughter and a just-past-toddler son (clearly, a bit of hanky-panky has gone on after the divorce). It is the teenager, though, who is the focus of this story: Her boyfriend has been arrested, charged with murdering his father, a prominent judge. The kid swears he's innocent, and he and Mike and Rosie's daughter Grace swear they were together when the murder took ...more
Jim
Another very good legal thriller in Sheldon Siegel's, "Perfect Alibi", the seventh of his Daley/ Fernandez series. As with previous six, This series features Mike Daley and Rosie Fernandez who are law partners, divorced from each other and the parents of two children together. Grace Fernandez-Daley, now 16, and little brother Tommy who is now 4. Daughter Grace has grown up throughout this incredible series. In this thriller we find Grace's boyfriend Bobby Fairchild arrested for murder. The recen ...more
Tisha
I started with this book, the first one, and have almost read them all! Not necessarily in order.
There are so many thing I like about his writing...The books read fast and are easy to remember who the characters are and story line so easy to go back to "a stopping place". I really like the "asides" in Mike's dialogue.. I have 3 more to read and hope he writes more.....
Dana
Oh how I've needed a good attorney crime thriller! The Perfect Alibi was my first book by Sheldon Siegel, and I was truly impressed. His experience as an attorney helped make this novel extremely realistic and enjoyable to read. On the eve of Bobby's 18th birthday, he was arrested for murdering his father. Bobby's only witness was Grace, whose involvement prompted her father, attorney Mike Daley, to defend Bobby of the crime. Though Mike wanted to believe Grace when she professed Bobby's innocen ...more
Joe
As a fan of this series I was pleasantly surprised when I stumbled across this somewhat recent addition, which when published, (2010), slipped below my radar. The good news is that the old gang is back; the bad news, Perfect Alibi is by far the weakest addition to the adventures of Mike Daley and Rosie Fernandez.

The author connects two threads we readers of legal thrillers are very familiar with - first the murder of a judge whose personal life doesn't fare well under the not so deep scrutiny of
Charline Ratcliff
I've just finished reading “Perfect Alibi” by Sheldon Siegel and now I’m attempting to write its review. Unfortunately for me, I’m having some trouble with that. No, it’s not because I’m suffering from writer’s block. I’m just at a loss for words because the only thing running through my head right now is “Wow, what a great book!” Just for the record, heaping praise on a book isn’t my customary starting point in a review.

“Perfect Alibi” by Sheldon Siegel is the seventh installment in the Mike Da
Lisa
Kept me up late and got me up early

This is the first of Siegel books I've read but it won't be the last.
Right away I felt I'd come to know the characters and the story's pace was perfect. It's one of those books you don't want to put down but when you do the plot and the characters stay with you so you aren't having to review and go back to remind yourself who is whom and what is what.
There were just enough plot twists to keep me guessing .
Dawn
This rating is relative to the other books in the Mike Daley series by Sheldon Siegel. I first found this series several years ago when I was traveling to San Francisco and wanted to read a good novel set in the city. I've since read the entire series (seven in total) and I've enjoyed each of them. However, I'm sad to say that I was a little disappointed in this latest installment. There's nothing particularly wrong with the book on its own, but compared to the others in the series, this one fel ...more
Ron
"Perfect Alibi" is the seventh and last book in the Mike Daley/Rosie Fernandez mystery series. This time the story centers around the murder of a prominent San Francisco Judge who happens to be the father of the boy Mike and Rosie's daughter Grace is dating. Fast paced with serious investigation work and courtroom drama, this is one of the best books in the series. Hope there will be more on the way.
Georgette
Mike Daley, San Francisco's favorite lawyer, is back with his ex-wife/law partner Rosie Fernandez. This time the case hits a bit too close to home for their tastes- a federal judge with a less-than-stellar reputation ends up dead and Bobby, their daughter Grave's boyfriend, is accused of killing him(the judge is bobby's dad). Things go along swimmingly well until right near the end, when all sorts of facts are revealed and lies are discovered. I usually love Sheldon Siegel's books, but once the ...more
Jennifer Terranova
Decent read

This is my first Siegel book. I like books I can read a little and come back too and not lose focus on the story. It was entertaining, not too predictable and the right size. I will download another and hope the magic lasts so I can give a more detailed review.
Walt Mccluskey
Perfect alibi

Siegel manages to go into great detail without losing the reader in the minutia better than most authors I've read and this one was an excellent example. Great plot followed to a logical conclusion leaving you waiting for the next one.
deryl taylor
Perfect mysteries

I've read all 7 books about Fernandez and Daley. I can't wait for book 8! This book was intriguing and full of suspense. The author is a great storyteller. I highly recommend all of Sheldon Siegel's books.
Paul Fussner
Sheldon Siegel gets it right away.

Mesmerizing, jam packed with suspense, as legal thrillers go this book is a must read.
I can't get enough from this author, I've read everything written by Sheldon Siegel great stuff.
Elva L Beacham
Another homerun for Mike, Rosie and Sheldon

A strong and creative writer whose skills only sharpen with each additional story line. Intrigue, mystery and morality make for great reading every time.
Jessica Fontenot
Always enjoyable

I find each book in this series quite enjoyable. I like the characters along with the mystery. I find myself looking for the next in the series each time I finish a book.
maureen rabe
Good read

This is a pretty good book. Well thought out and a nice story of family drama. All the characters compliment each other and the story moves well.
glena allyn scott
Alibi right on

Was a great read, I enjoy ed this book from front to back. Kept you wondering how much more they could pull off.
Monica
Formulaic but fun, a good hammock read. Mike and Rosie are likeable characters. It's a straightforward legal tale, not a lot of suspense, but decently written. Good San Francisco atmosphere, some good dialog.
Marcy
Mike Daley and his law partner/ex-wife Rosie Fernandez have a particularly daunting task. Their client is accused of murdering his father, a prominent judge and his perfect alibi is that he was with their daughter at the time. Although I find the premise that they would take on this conflict of interest case somewhat dubious, I do enjoy this series for the wonderful San Francisco setting, and the great, witty dialog. The main characters, with all their faults and strengths are old friends by now ...more
judy
Never read him before and won't again even though his other books may be better. Was this dreamed up as a cautionary tale for the author's children? The parenting was pathetic before and after the truth came out. The grandmother and the boyfriend's mother were also pieces of work. As a huge fan of teenagers and their potential, nothing makes me as furious as the legion of "not my child" parents--even the fictional ones.
Liberty Abbott-Sylvester
Sheldon Siegel is one of my favorite authors. His Mike Daley books are awesome and when I start one I can't seem to put it down. This was another great book by him and I can't wait for the next one.
Pat
Was different from other books that I have read, kept me wanting to get back to it though cause could not wait to see how it was going to end. Like that kind of book.....
Barbara Schade
I really enjoyed this mystery which was written by a friend of a friend. I look forward to seeing the movie version.
Deb Mj
I really enjoy this series and would give this a solid 3.5.
Janette
Do not want series to end....
Sandra K. Wilt
Sandra K. Wilt is currently reading it
Sep 04, 2015
Jane Freeman
Jane Freeman is currently reading it
Sep 04, 2015
  • Injustice For All (Joe Dillard Series No. 3)
  • No Time To Die
  • Enemy in Blue: The Trial (The Cruz Marquez Thrillers - Book 2)
  • Push Back
  • Presumption of Innocence (David Brunelle Legal Thriller #1)
  • The Kill List (Jamie Sinclair, #1)
  • When I Wasn't Watching
  • Frame 232
  • Gone
  • Hush Now Baby (Sloane Monroe, #6)
  • Private Sector (Sean Drummond, #4)
  • Came a Shadow
  • Swimming Home (The Swimming Upstream Series Book 2)
  • The Grave Tender
  • Rose and Helena Save Christmas
  • Airtight
  • A Night of Horrors: A Historical Thriller about the 24 Hours of Lincoln's Assassination
Sheldon Siegel (born July 14, 1958) is an American novelist and author best known for his works of modern legal drama.

Siegel was born on the south side of Chicago, Illinois. He attended New Trier High School in Winnetka, Illinois, and later went on to attend the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign as an Accounting major. He graduated with a Juris Doctor from Boalt Hall at the University of
More about Sheldon Siegel...

Mike Daley Mystery (7 books)
  • Special Circumstances (Mike Daley/Rosie Fernandez Legal Thriller Book 1)
  • Incriminating Evidence (Mike Daley/Rosie Fernandez Mystery, #2)
  • Criminal Intent (Mike Daley/Rosie Fernandez Mystery, #3)
  • Final Verdict (Mike Daley/Rosie Fernandez Mystery, #4)
  • The Confession  (Mike Daley/Rosie Fernandez Mystery, #5)
  • Judgment Day (Mike Daley/Rosie Fernandez Mystery, #6)
Special Circumstances (Mike Daley/Rosie Fernandez Legal Thriller Book 1) Incriminating Evidence (Mike Daley/Rosie Fernandez Mystery, #2) Criminal Intent (Mike Daley/Rosie Fernandez Mystery, #3) Final Verdict (Mike Daley/Rosie Fernandez Mystery, #4) The Confession  (Mike Daley/Rosie Fernandez Mystery, #5)