Start by marking “California Wine for Dummies” as Want to Read:
California Wine for Dummies

California Wine for Dummies

3.61 of 5 stars 3.61  ·  rating details  ·  28 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Discover the nuances of California wines and increase your drinking pleasure

Want to be a California wine connoisseur? This friendly guide gives you the knowledge you need to appreciate these fine wines, showing you how to taste them, select a good bottle, pair wine with food, and much more. You'll see why certain wine regions are renowned and how to further enrich your win
Published March 25th 2009 by For Dummies

To ask other readers questions about California Wine for Dummies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about California Wine for Dummies

Kathleen
Jul 01, 2009 Kathleen rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who like wine but don't know how to pick out a good bottle
Shelves: first-reads
Boy, did I need this book! There is no place that I feel more stupid than standing in the wine aisle trying to pick out a bottle of wine. I've even been wine tasting in the Napa Valley, but that was with a bunch of friends and I was more interested in partying than paying attention to all that talk about varietals and blends and notes.

This book has all the nuts and bolts you need to build a good base of knowledge about California wine. It methodically takes you through each of the Big Six: Chard
colleen

Before reading this book, I had no idea that California produced so much of the wine enjoyed in the US. I also had no idea of the amount of wine they produced overall. The statistics mentioned at the beginning of the book were enlightening. I found out that almost 70 percent of the wine consumed in the US is from California. This book really opened my eyes to the amount and quality of wines from California.

The book contained many helpful features. The cheat sheet located in the front of the book
Albert
A few years outdated, but still an excellent primer for the glorious world of California wine. Useful tips on Wine Country Travel and just enough history to put California wine in context with the world's other great wine growing regions.
Kari
This weekend, I went to the wine store, armed with a list of vineyards and grapes to try, based on recommendations in this book. I am no wine dummy now!
Randall F Hoffman
Randall F Hoffman marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2014
Hape
Hape marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Elena Odnolko
Elena Odnolko marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2013
Darryl Fassett
Darryl Fassett marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2013
Mimi Amnell
Mimi Amnell marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2013
Bonnie
Bonnie marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2013
Jennifer Thomas
Jennifer Thomas marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2013
Yinzadi
Yinzadi marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2012
Wine for Dummies French Wine for Dummies Italian Wine for Dummies. Red Wine for Dummies Wine All-In-One for Dummies