Start by marking “Ambrosial Flesh” as Want to Read:
Ambrosial Flesh

Ambrosial Flesh

Developing an appetite for human flesh over the years, Jonathan progressed from tasting his own flesh to eating that of others. But when his wife discovers his grotesque secret, Jonathan's solution leads him to new extremes, and to a meeting with a mysterious stranger who holds the key to an evil force far greater than any Jonathan ever imagined.
Published August 1st 2001 by Leisure Books

To ask other readers questions about Ambrosial Flesh, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ambrosial Flesh

Addy
Aug 09, 2013 Addy rated it it was ok
I'm giving this 2 stars and maybe I'll change it, but Drawn to the Grave was sooo much better. It started ok, with the weird habit of eating ones flesh and then it turned into some bizarre battles of souls, which would have been fine had the author pulled it together a little more tightly. For a while it seemed to go no where and some of the characters were pointless and in the end I didn't really care what happened to any of them. I never wanted to throw a book as much as I wanted to throw this ...more
Latasha
Jun 16, 2016 Latasha rated it liked it
It was ok.
nobody
Oct 27, 2009 nobody rated it it was ok
Shelves: novel
This was a rather average pedestrian horror novel. It was a quick easy read and not particularly rewarding.
Kelsey Stone gaede
Apr 20, 2016 Kelsey Stone gaede rated it did not like it
Let me paint the picture for you. It is a warm, sunny afternoon; the kind that should be spent in a comfortable chair, sipping a gin and tonic and reading a book. I, naturally, am wandering the aisles of my sister-in-law's bookstore while we discuss our next crazy reading idea and shelve books. Is anyone up for reading all of Shakespeare's plays? How about we also tackle the Romantic poets while we are at it? Anyway, we are meandering by the Paranormal Romance section when a book cover catches K ...more
Michelle
Jun 20, 2008 Michelle rated it did not like it
Shelves: dark-fantasy
Sarra Lord
Feb 24, 2016 Sarra Lord rated it it was ok
Shelves: horror, fiction, 2016
An odd child who compares spinning laundry with clowns grows up into an odd man. As a child, Jonathan could spend hours watching the laundry go round and round in the washer and dryer. The colorful clothing becomes a private circus. The first few chapters go on and on about Jonathan's obsession with laundry. As he gets older Jonathan (or the author) loses interest in clothing because it is never mentioned again.

Another of Jonathan's obsessions has to do with religion, specifically transubstantia
Summer
May 22, 2013 Summer rated it liked it
Shelves: horror
Not sure why everybody hates on this book so much. Yeah, it is about a cannibal. Yeah, it can be pretty gross in spots. It's definitely not perfect- the plot (especially in part two) is weak in spots and not all of the religious facts are entirely correct, but if you are just a horror fan looking for a little fun, this is not a bad little read. I especially like the fact that our main character is kind of an anti-hero and can never quite get over his obsession with flesh. I'd say you'd probably ...more
Miss Clara
Dec 13, 2012 Miss Clara rated it did not like it
Okay I admit. This is one book I couldn't finish.

It scared the crap out of me. This guy, cuts of a chunk of his wife's/girl's flesh, cooks it, and serves it to his visitor. Do you know what the visitor said?

"Yum."

I like serial killer stuff, but I'm not a cannibal. I may seem biased (I don't know what to be biased about, just a gut feel), but Crap (again!), I can't continue reading this.
DW
Dec 26, 2010 DW rated it did not like it
Shelves: fiction, 2009
This was recommended by a friend who reads four books a week and whom I trust because his reco's are usually spot on. But this book sucked. Furthermore, it reads like an eighth grader created the outline and edited it. The format/structure was such that the big bad wolf could blow it down...made of twigs.

You may enjoy the book if you're into macabre and gorey scenes, but the plot is less than diaphanous. It's missing.
Meg
Nov 05, 2010 Meg rated it did not like it
I bought this book because it was in the $1 bin and I have no idea how to even begin... I read this when I still in school and I still don't know what to think of it. I'm not sure if I hate it for the content or if it's just poorly written but I did finish it... it's just too weird for me.

It's not even scary just a WTF moment in my life.
Tanya Simon
Apr 07, 2014 Tanya Simon rated it it was amazing
All of Ms Mitchell’s books leave me with the feeling that I just did something naughty and I find myself looking around to see if anyone saw me. She excels at keeping you just on the fine edge between fascinated and terrified, aroused and repulsed. They are one heck of a roller coaster ride!
Kevin Deodath
Oct 31, 2007 Kevin Deodath rated it did not like it
This wa a good book, easy to read but compared to other horror books i had to rat it with a one star, it had potential but did not make the cut to deserve more stars!
Dacia
Jun 26, 2016 Dacia rated it liked it
I'm not sure why ratings on this book were so low, It was better than I had expected, some of the book was graphic, but was a book I wanted to keep reading.
Gail
Gail rated it liked it
Feb 19, 2013
Kelly Price
Kelly Price rated it liked it
Nov 08, 2015
Ashley Garst
Ashley Garst rated it liked it
May 31, 2016
Angie
Angie rated it liked it
Aug 19, 2014
Nick Cato
Nick Cato rated it really liked it
May 28, 2008
ms.cherry
ms.cherry rated it did not like it
Nov 20, 2007
Jillian Hedgepath
Jillian Hedgepath rated it really liked it
Mar 01, 2013
Elorigan
Elorigan rated it liked it
Dec 19, 2011
Stephanie Wingfield
Stephanie Wingfield rated it it was amazing
Jun 21, 2014
Ashley
Ashley rated it did not like it
Oct 05, 2014
Sonya Meyers
Sonya Meyers rated it it was amazing
Sep 29, 2012
Jodie J.
Jodie J. rated it liked it
Jan 02, 2017
Rick
Rick rated it it was ok
May 16, 2007
Peter
Peter rated it really liked it
Dec 23, 2012
Crystal
Crystal rated it really liked it
Feb 25, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Horror Aficionados : Ambrosial Flesh 65 74 Jul 01, 2016 01:25AM
As a child, Mary Ann Mitchell wrote short stories, essays, and poetry. When she was twelve she sent her short stories to the night editor of The Journal American, who encouraged her to send more. Her mother intercepted the letters and forbade her from writing. Seems some of the family’s dark secrets were oozing onto Mary Ann’s written pages. Her writing became secret and sporadic. Once she complet ...more
More about Mary Ann Mitchell...