Ambrosial Flesh

Ambrosial Flesh

2.96 of 5 stars 2.96  ·  rating details  ·  57 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Developing an appetite for human flesh over the years, Jonathan progressed from tasting his own flesh to eating that of others. But when his wife discovers his grotesque secret, Jonathan's solution leads him to new extremes, and to a meeting with a mysterious stranger who holds the key to an evil force far greater than any Jonathan ever imagined.
Published August 1st 2001 by Leisure Books

To ask other readers questions about Ambrosial Flesh, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ambrosial Flesh

nobody
This was a rather average pedestrian horror novel. It was a quick easy read and not particularly rewarding.
Michelle
Summer
Not sure why everybody hates on this book so much. Yeah, it is about a cannibal. Yeah, it can be pretty gross in spots. It's definitely not perfect- the plot (especially in part two) is weak in spots and not all of the religious facts are entirely correct, but if you are just a horror fan looking for a little fun, this is not a bad little read. I especially like the fact that our main character is kind of an anti-hero and can never quite get over his obsession with flesh. I'd say you'd probably...more
DW
Dec 26, 2010 DW rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2009, fiction
This was recommended by a friend who reads four books a week and whom I trust because his reco's are usually spot on. But this book sucked. Furthermore, it reads like an eighth grader created the outline and edited it. The format/structure was such that the big bad wolf could blow it down...made of twigs.

You may enjoy the book if you're into macabre and gorey scenes, but the plot is less than diaphanous. It's missing.
Tanya Simon
All of Ms Mitchell’s books leave me with the feeling that I just did something naughty and I find myself looking around to see if anyone saw me. She excels at keeping you just on the fine edge between fascinated and terrified, aroused and repulsed. They are one heck of a roller coaster ride!
Miss Clara
Okay I admit. This is one book I couldn't finish.

It scared the crap out of me. This guy, cuts of a chunk of his wife's/girl's flesh, cooks it, and serves it to his visitor. Do you know what the visitor said?

"Yum."

I like serial killer stuff, but I'm not a cannibal. I may seem biased (I don't know what to be biased about, just a gut feel), but Crap (again!), I can't continue reading this.
Meg
I bought this book because it was in the $1 bin and I have no idea how to even begin... I read this when I still in school and I still don't know what to think of it. I'm not sure if I hate it for the content or if it's just poorly written but I did finish it... it's just too weird for me.

It's not even scary just a WTF moment in my life.
Kevin Deodath
This wa a good book, easy to read but compared to other horror books i had to rat it with a one star, it had potential but did not make the cut to deserve more stars!
Iohann Serra
Iohann Serra marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
Sara Walker
Sara Walker marked it as to-read
May 28, 2014
Patti
Patti added it
Apr 05, 2014
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2014
Shadow
Shadow added it
Jan 13, 2014
Aurora
Aurora marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2013
Addy
Addy marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2013
Maxine Marsh
Maxine Marsh marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2013
Nikki
Nikki marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2013
Angel Starr
Angel Starr marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2013
Jennifer Gilbert
Jennifer Gilbert marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
As a child, Mary Ann Mitchell wrote short stories, essays, and poetry. When she was twelve she sent her short stories to the night editor of The Journal American, who encouraged her to send more. Her mother intercepted the letters and forbade her from writing. Seems some of the family’s dark secrets were oozing onto Mary Ann’s written pages. Her writing became secret and sporadic. Once she complet...more
More about Mary Ann Mitchell...
Sips of Blood Cathedral of Vampires Quenched The Vampire de Sade (Marquis de Sade, #5) The Witch