Start by marking “A Little Magic” as Want to Read:
A Little Magic

A Little Magic

3.78  ·  Rating Details ·  5,244 Ratings  ·  122 Reviews
A storyteller of immeasurable diversity and talent (Publishers Weekly) who just keeps getting better and better (Milwaukee Journal Sentinel), Nora Roberts is a master at depicting both the legends and lore of Ireland and the tender, enchanting passions of its people. Now, three of her favorite Irish stories-Spellbound, Ever After, and In Dreams-are available for the first ...more
Published August 3rd 2004 by Jove Books (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about A Little Magic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Little Magic

Kara Jorges
Dec 14, 2012 Kara Jorges rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Comprised of three novellas from Nora’s “Once Upon” collaborations, this was a quick, easy read. “Spellbound” starred Calin Farrell, an overworked artist who impulsively travels to Ireland and meets up with Bryna, a witch guarding the Castle of Secrets. As a child, Calin dreamed of Bryna, but as he got older, he blocked the connection and buried her memory. Bryna, with her powers, kept her eye on Calin, knowing he was the key to her destiny. Now, she has mere hours to convince him that she is hi ...more
Maria
Another Nora Roberts trilogy, this time all three stories set in Ireland. All three is very easy to read and rather whimsical.

"Spellbound". Meet Collin Farrel who has been plagued by strange dreams all his life. Dreams of at red headed girl. As Colin grows so does she. After some years he learns to block the dreams and in doing so he blocks his and hers destiny. At a whim Colin travels to Ireland and meet Bryna, a stunning red head. She is a witch and he is her warrior and only united they can
Molly
Sep 21, 2008 Molly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Molly by: My Grandma
This is the second book/series I've read, by Nora Roberts. I liked each of the individual stories. However, I feel that grouping them together was too much. They were so similar that it just felt like I was reading the same thing over and took away from the joy I might get from each singular storyline.
Sue
May 23, 2011 Sue rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A collection of three short stories. It was very entertaining. It's one of those books that doesn't make you think too much. It was a nice break from reading more intense stories.
Nancy
Julia
Nov 20, 2016 Julia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
These stories were a bit to short and without substance, but I enjoyed them and the magic. Ever After was probably my favourite of the three, but even then it took me awhile to read them.
Paula Glover
Very fanciful but good stories as all her books are.
Chrys
Aug 19, 2014 Chrys rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
"A Little Magic" by Nora Roberts is comprised of three novellas that tell love stories that involve Ireland, magic, and destiny. I have to admit that I like Nora Robert's current style much more than her older work, including this anthology. It might be just me, but I don't really find it very romantic the idea of falling in love in one day. I think the dance and mystery of a long courtship is much more entertaining to read. And for that reason, I didn't particularly enjoy these stories, althoug ...more
Marjo
Sep 16, 2016 Marjo marked it as zeroes-and-dnf  ·  review of another edition
DNF. Here we have three short stories featuring magical people. The problem is that, in the space we are given, it is very difficult to tell a story of romance and magic without giving the impression that the magical people are manipulating the non - magical people. Madame Author does not succeed. The best (least problematic) of the three offerings is the one where the magical people are not one half of the romantic couple.
Maura
Karen
Oct 08, 2013 Karen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's a lovely book of three similar stories set in beautiful Ireland.
Yes each story did sound a-lot alike but i didn't mind. The best ones are In Dreams and Everafter. If your looking to bring out your passion and love,set out the candles or light the fireplace,put on some nice calming music and dive into these intriguing romantic stories.The first one is a little slow and dull at times but the romance is delightful. I love the dialogue and the way the scenery is described. It really gets you in
Megan
Jun 05, 2011 Megan rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The length of each of the stories doesn't give the reader time to believe in the main characters' relationship. I had a really hard time getting through the first one because the reader doesn't learn enough about each of the characters to care about their fate.

The second one was slightly better because each of the character's flaws is understandable -- most people know someone who fits either one or both of their personalities. I personally connected more with Conal because I don't like to be t
Lyss
Apr 24, 2011 Lyss rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Usually I enjoy Nora Roberts as an author. She has well fleshed out characters, and you can see their growth as people throughout the story. One good example is the Chesapeake Bay series she wrote. Watching 3 brothers come home to take care of their youngest brother was endearing especially since they couldn't be more different half the time.

Unfortunately, in this case, I did not like this book. All three of the stories I read I could see where things could be fleshed out much more. She could h
Marissa
May 11, 2011 Marissa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Three short novels that are all set in Ireland: Spellbound, Ever After, and In Dreams. Spellbound was about a 1000 year old curse coming to completion, with formerly doomed lovers being brought together again. Ever After was about a pre-destined love, with an American tourist getting lost and discovering herself on an island with a young artist. In Dreams reminded me of Beauty and the Beast or Sleeping Beauty, in that a woman gets lost and finds herself in a manor with an eccentric man who is un ...more
LJ
A Little Magic - G
Nora Roberts
Comprised of three shorter stories; taking place in Ireland and surrounded by magic, this is one collection no Robert's fan will want to miss. In the first story, "Spellbound", Calin and Bryna have waited years and lifetimes to find each other. Now, they have met, but is there love strong enough to fight off a powerful enemy? In the second, "Ever After", Conal lives in self-imposed loneliness, denying everything about himself. Until one day when magic leads flighty
Megan
Apr 05, 2011 Megan rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book was very slow, each story had the same plot, girl falls for boy, there is magic, they don’t want to be in love, the one has to have the other to break some horrible spell that cast on them, and oh life is so bad, you saved me, you’re so amazing. Yea I don't mind magic, I don’t mind a GOOD love story. This book took me over 2 months to read because I just couldn't do it all at once. I expected so much more from this author! I sadly think that 2 stars may be too high for this book but I ...more
Stacie  M. Ritchie
This was a quick read of Nora Roberts’ early shorts. All of three of the stories revolved around magic in some way. It was an easy read that I read after finishing a very intense story. It was enjoyable to take my mind off the very intense book. The stories have the romance of the early Roberts work, and take place in Ireland somewhere. If you want some easy reads that good triumphs over evil, this is your book!
Cyrisse
Oct 21, 2008 Cyrisse rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: romance readers
Recommended to Cyrisse by: n/a
Shelves: nora-roberts
In "Spellbound," a beautiful lady casts a thousand-year spell on the man of her dreams -- and unleashes a nightmare only love can conquer... "Ever After" follows an enchanting woman as she journeys to an otherworldly land -- and introduces a handsome artist to the transforming power of love... "In Dreams" links a young woman to a stranger's past -- and to the curse that has trapped him forever in the eternity of his own dreams...
Wendy
Oct 10, 2009 Wendy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
My first sampling of Nora Roberts (I know I live under a rock). The stories in this collection were sweet, quick romances. I enjoyed the first 2 stories the most -- Spellbound & Everafter. The third story - In Dreams - was my least favorite. The male lead was too arrogant and the story was a little too far fetched for me. I enjoyed the little touches of magic thrown in and do look forward to reading more of Roberts books.
Kristin
I really enjoyed all three short stories, but it left me wanting so much more. Considering this was my first time reading anything by Nora Roberts, it gave me a good insight into her writing. I do enjoy the place setting of Ireland in all three stories. I will definately be readin more of her stuff, hopefully this time I won't be left wanting more though. Its an awful feeling lol!
Francesca

A Little Magic is a book made up of three short stories, and the stories are nothing but fluff. The storyline for each three are very much boy-meets-girl/girl-meets-boy, intsta-love, and of nothing else. While this is a romance book I was expecting a bit more.

Three simple romance stories that was just okay, but nothing magical.
Amanda
Aug 17, 2011 Amanda rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I didn't care a whole lot for any of these stories, but it was made worse by these particular three being in a collection together, it got very repetitive. The plotlines and themes were way too similar, it felt like the same story was being told three times with just a slightly different background for each.
Gretchen
This book is one than I grab when I'm looking for a predictable romance. Boy meets girl, they fall in love instantly, small challenge presented to them by gods is over come, and they live happily ever after. The stories here don't allow for tons of character development because they are so short. Straightforward book that can be enjoyed in parts or as a whole.
Sonja
Sep 10, 2016 Sonja rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Finished this one last night... Three very good short stories, all related to magic..... I think my favorite of the three was "In Dreams".

As with almost every Nora Roberts I read, when I'm through, I always think... "This is my favorite" She never fails to please.

Brandy
Sep 09, 2011 Brandy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Delightfully magical short stories of fated love. I was very pleased with all three short stories, and while the falling in love came somewhat ludicrously quick, I understand the constraints the short story format puts on an authors ability to make falling in love seem realistic.

My favorite of the three was the last story. I bawled my eyes out at the end. It was so poignant and sweet!
Cali
Mar 08, 2012 Cali rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who loves romance, magic, and fate.
Shelves: romance
Well I pretty much love anything by Nora Roberts and this book isn't any different. But instead of just being a typical romance novel this one involves magic which always makes a story more interesting.
Shelley
Aug 17, 2010 Shelley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sometimes you just gotta take a break from reality and lose yourself in magic and romance and true love. I enjoyed all three of the stories in here. They are just the right length and the characters were well written.
Janae
Jun 23, 2013 Janae rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love novellas, and this one was very sweet and easy to read. Th first and second stories were the best, but the last was still worth reading. Made for a nice relaxing weekend to pick up the next story between chores.
Kimberly
I really enjoyed this book. Nora Roberts has an engaging style and it was fun to read three short stories versus one long one. It amazed me how well Ms. Roberts drew me into the story in just 10 chapters. I found it hard to put the book down. It is always fun to put a little magic in your day.
Heather
Nov 10, 2009 Heather rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So this was my first venture into Nora Roberts. I thought a book of short stories would give me a good idea on her writing. I have to say I fell in love. I loved the characters, the magic, the scenery. I loved it all. I'm hoping that her novels will entice me as much as this book did.
  • The Official Nora Roberts Companion
  • Snowbound Wedding Wishes: An Earl Beneath the Mistletoe\Twelfth Night Proposal\Christmas at Oakhurst Manor
  • Tempting the Wolf (Men Of The Mist #2)
  • Suite 606 (includes In Death, #27.5)
  • The Mammoth Book of Regency Romance
  • PitchDark Presents the Dark Days of Supernatural Paranormal Romance Sampler
  • When You Wish
  • The Mammoth Book of 20th Century Ghost Stories
  • Double Enchantment (Relics of Merlin, #2)
  • Ladies Prefer Rogues: Four Novellas of Time-Travel Passion
  • Midnight Jewels
  • Bespelling Jane Austen
  • Upon a Midnight Clear: The Teacher / Christmas Magic / Jolly Holly / If Only in My Dreams / White Out
Nora Roberts is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of more than 200 novels, including The Obsession, The Liar, The Collector, Whiskey Beach and coming in June 2017, Come Sundown. She is also the author of the futuristic suspense In Death series written under the pen name J.D. Robb. There are more than 500 million copies of her books in print.
More about Nora Roberts...