Start by marking “Anna's Return” as Want to Read:
Anna's Return

Anna's Return (Pleasant Valley #3)

4.25 of 5 stars 4.25  ·  rating details  ·  496 ratings  ·  28 reviews
After spending three years in the English world, Anna Beiler has come home. She brings with her a baby girl, which will surely cause a stir since Anna is unmarried. She is also hiding secrets: The baby is not hers by birth, nor does Anna intend to stay. Rather, she desperately needs sanctuary from the child’s violent father...
It surprises Anna how quickly her Amish habits
Audio CD, Abridged, 0 pages
Published May 28th 2011 by Brilliance Audio (first published June 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Anna's Return, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Anna's Return

Dawn Leonard
This is the third book in Marta Perry's Pleasant Valley series about Anna who has come back to her Amish family after spending 3 years in the English world. She comes back to Pleasant Valley to hide her daughter Grace from his birth father. Great story about how Anna deals with her return, her love for Grace, and the lure of the English world. Although this is part of the Pleasant Valley series, you can read one without reading the others. It was great to see the previous books' characters in th ...more
April
first time reading this author but not the last. Amish fiction is a nice change of pace from crime fiction and secular romance.
Title: ANNA’S RETURN
Author: Marta Perry
Publisher: Berkley
June 2010
ISBN: 978-0425234266
Genre: Inspirational/Amish

Anna Beiler left her Amish family behind three years ago, rebellious and angry at the rules. Now, she’s home with a baby girl she’s determined to keep from the father—a man who is unsafe. Wanting to protect her baby, Gracie, Anna goes to the one place Gracie’s father would never look. But Anna’s family misunderstands her reasons for returning. They believe she is home for good and they
Sandra Stiles
Anna's Return was a thriller and romance rolled into one. It was very refreshing. This one kept me on the edge of my seat to the end.

Anna Beiler had spent three years in the English world after running away from her Amish roots. Now she is back with her adopted daughter Gracie. This is sure to cause a stir. Her plan is to stay there until she and Gracie are safe. Gracie’s father Pete signed away his rights before she was born. Her mother gave her legally to Anna before she died. Now Pete wants h
RomanceNovelNews.com
Written by Stacy A. Agdern for RomanceNovelNews.com

Three years after Anna Beiler deserted the Pennsylvania Amish community of Pleasant Valley, she returns seeking sanctuary with the “Plain People,” along with her baby girl.

She leads her family to believe the child is hers, but she actually had adopted the girl from a friend who died tragically. Anna is hiding from the child’s brutal father.

With each passing day, Anna takes steps toward rejoining the community and the Amish Church. As she reunite
Judith
Knowledgeable as always, Marta Perry takes the reader into the heart of the Pennsylvania Amish community as the rebel returns after three years among the English world, bearing her child Gracie. It is a story of reclamation, returning to one's roots, learning one's own mind, discovering anew the joy of family, realizing the true nature of love--all this as Anna, Leah's baby sister (Leah's Choice)must confront the havoc she has left in her wake when she allowed her rebellion against the Amish way ...more
I love this series and Anna's Return didn't disappoint, Anna's return to Pleasant Vallen starts the rumor mill to judge this young women without waiting to hear her story. It is tense with fear of bringing discovered by the young baby's father who had given the child away for adoption and now has changed his mind. I love the pulling together of the village when danger struck for this young Amish girl who had brought so much love in her return after leaving to live in the english world.
Ashley
Book 3 in the Pleasant Valley Series by Marta Perry

After spending three years in the English world, Anna Beiler returns to the Pleasant Valley Amish with a baby girl, which will surely cause a stir since Anna is unmarried. What they don't know is that the baby is adopted and that Anna desperately needs to protect her from her violent drug addict and dealer father.

Anna finds it reassuring to reconnect with family and old friends, but she hasn't completely faced the consequences of her irresponsib
Colette
The story of Anna, the daughter and sister that decided she wanted to live with the Englisch returns home with a baby and a secret to hide.
Rena Glubay
Another great Amish story by Marta Perry.
Amy
Feb 02, 2011 Amy rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: those liking Amish fiction
Recommended to Amy by: was available instantly as e-book
Shelves: amish, nook
I enjoyed this story that is the third in a series. I didn't realize that and hadn't read the first two, but had no trouble understanding what was going on. This is the story of an Amish girl (Anna) that returns to her Amish family after three years away. Anna arrives with a baby and a bit of a mystery. I've visited Amish communities in Pennsylvania and Illinois and am intrigued by the Amish lifestyle, so a good read about them is always fun for me.
Carolyn E
Nov 02, 2011 Carolyn E rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
I loved this book as well as the entire series. My memory not being what it used to be, I wanted to re-read the first four books in the series so that I would be ready for the fifth book. I am now eagerly awaiting the arrival of Katie's Way.
Carrie Mau
I absolutely adored all three books in this series and can't wait to read more by Ms. Perry. I have been studying and reading about the Amish since I was 12 (I am now 39) and these are by far my favorite. I love the calm, peaceful feeling that came over me as I read them. The peace and spirit of the Plain People really shone in these books. Please let there be more!
Anderson County Library
The Prodigal Daughter returns to her Amish community after 3 years with the English. Anna returns with a new daughter of her own Will the community accept her and hers back?? Full of romanitic suspense of new love, the baby's unfit father, and the Amish family who loves beyond your faults. GREAT book, well written
Jodi
This was my favorite in the series. It was fun to see Anna mature and come back to the Amish community. It was also interesting to see how she adjusted after living in the English world for three years.
Kendra Neal
I really enjoyed this book, the 3rd book in the Pleasant Valley series! Awesome story of how family and faith can help you through many challenges in life.
Ashley
Great book! definitely brought the English world and the Amish world together. It also showed the value of love and support in a family system. Great read!
Joan Lovemore-hope
I'm glad Anna came back. I like the more interesting story line when fence jumpers return to the community. The matches are a bit obvious...
Rachel
This is a well-written Amish novel. The characters are well-developed, and I enjoyed the storyline.
Glmomich
LOVED IT! Good job bringing the Amish and English together!
Kristen
Another excellent book!! I love her writing style.
Carla Sokotuk
Great story of faith and trust in family.
Uriana Zeta
Jan 31, 2013 Uriana Zeta rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Amish stories
Nice story. I just love these Amish stories.
Isa
it was. OK book a little boring
Joan54
This was an enjoyable read
Lori Walker
Lori Walker is currently reading it
Dec 23, 2014
  • An Honest Love (Hearts of Middlefield, #2)
  • Spring's Renewal (Seasons of Sugarcreek, #2)
  • Plain Paradise (Daughters of the Promise, #4)
  • The Way to a Man's Heart (Miller Family, #3)
  • A Place of Peace (Kauffman Amish Bakery, #3)
  • Lilly's Wedding Quilt (Patch of Heaven, #2)
  • The Healing (Kentucky Brothers, #2)
  • The Waiting (Lancaster County Secrets, #2)
  • A Stranger's Wish (Amish Farm Trilogy, #1)
81993
Marta Perry is a Pennsylvania-based author of over 35 novels, many of them inspirational romances. She uses her rural Pennsylvania life and her Pennsylvania Dutch heritage in writing her books, especially in her Pleasant Valley Amish series for Berkley Books and her new Amish-set suspense series for HQN Books.

Marta and her husband live in a centuries-old farmhouse in a quiet central Pennsylvania v
More about Marta Perry...
Hide in Plain Sight (The Three Sisters Inn, #1) Leah's Choice (Pleasant Valley, #1) Murder in Plain Sight (Amish Suspense, #1) Rachel's Garden (Pleasant Valley, #2) Restless Hearts (The Flanagans, #6)