Start by marking “Cover Your Assets” as Want to Read:
Cover Your Assets

Cover Your Assets (Tucker Sinclair #2)

Tucker Sinclair's life has returned to normal after her first misadventure with murder in FALSE PROFITS. But that's about to change when her old college flame, Evan Brice, strolls back into her life after a 10-year estrangement that began when he dumped Tucker to marry her closest friend. Evan is now a successful Hollywood agent who has acquired many mistresses and a love ...more
Published September 3rd 2007 by Grand Central Publishing (first published November 10th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Cover Your Assets, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cover Your Assets

Courtney Duncan
This book- the second in the Tucker Sinclair series by Patricia Smiley- was, as I expected, an easier read than the first. I know these aren't "new" books, but they are new to me, so...my prediction that the author would hit her stride by book two was pretty dead on. There was one moment in the story where I found myself wrenched from my reverie by sheer disbelief, but it was so minor, I can't even remember what it was that seemed so dumb now. These books are funny- they are easy to read, but th ...more
Jmrathbone
This book, along with some others, was given to me a couple of years ago. I finally got around to reading it, with little expectations. I was pleasantly surprised to a find likable heroine In Tucker Sinclair. There is enough action to keep the reader interested. The nickname the writer gave Tucker (Tuckie), however, I hope won’t be repeated in other books.
Glenda L
Oct 31, 2015 Glenda L rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: delete
I've had this book for sometime ... decided to read a mystery. I liked it and did finish it ... but it was just OK. Somehow most mysteries are not my usual genre. The characters in this were "colorful" and the heroine was cute and interesting ... all in all, not a bad book.
Patty Allen
Jan 07, 2015 Patty Allen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoy this series, too bad she only wrote four books.
L8blmr
Oct 27, 2013 L8blmr rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oops - I did it again. Stumbled on this book, the description sounded good, so I read it believing it was a stand-alone. Guess what? Wrong - this one is the second in a series! I enjoyed this story enough that I've decided to backtrack and pick up #1. Some people might feel this is a watered down Kinsey Milhone-ish heroine, but I found her fairly likable and the mystery kept me guessing until near the end, so those are good signs. One is forced to branch out when she is fully caught up with almo ...more
Sally Sinclair
Mar 30, 2015 Sally Sinclair rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Awesome series! Fun.
Meaghan
humorous
Kae Cheatham
Jan 12, 2011 Kae Cheatham rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
The second Tucker Sinclair mystery, where Tucker's college sweetheart who dumped her is brutally murdered. His wife, Tucker's former best friend from childhood, is the prime suspect, and Tucker gets drawn into the complicated circumstances. A good mystery with well-defined characters and a lot of local (LA. and surrounds) sense of place.
Johna
Mar 14, 2011 Johna rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Johna by: Book club
I liked Tucker as a character, but was not impressed with this storyline. Just had issues getting captured from the beginning. By the end of the book, sure I was from sheer determination of wanting to complete the book and curious to see who actually did it. Several characters in the book so pay attention.
Nichole
I liked this story. Fun, quick, set in Los Angeles. The only thing was it felt like she tried to hurry up and tie it all up at the end... it seemed like it just sped through the last few chapters where the main character finds out "whodunit".
Jamie
Aug 06, 2008 Jamie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Second book in the series. It was better than the first. There was more going on with the characters. I forget the actual story line but remember liking it!
Vicki
Jun 25, 2012 Vicki rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I had semi-high hopes for Cover Your Assets because the first book, while predictable, was entertaining and easy to read. Alas, this book was just plain silly.
Donna
May 22, 2012 Donna rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I read it because it was all I had at home to read. Not my kind of books and it was just OK for me.
Dee
May 02, 2013 Dee rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute little mystery with protagonist, Tucker Sinclair.
colleen
Dec 08, 2007 colleen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: scpl, mystery
read 12.09.07
Tucker's ex-fiance is murdered.
Kathleen
critiquedbykat.blogspot.com
Carol Nasby
A light late summer read!
Jessie
Jul 21, 2008 Jessie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Better than the first book.
Sue Barr
Sue Barr rated it did not like it
Sep 16, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2016
Bonnie
Bonnie rated it really liked it
Sep 13, 2016
Denise O'Reilly
Denise O'Reilly rated it liked it
Sep 06, 2016
Kay Wiseman
Kay Wiseman rated it liked it
Aug 09, 2016
Andrea Frailey
Andrea Frailey marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2016
JULIE HURDLE
JULIE HURDLE rated it really liked it
Aug 01, 2016
Izzy
Izzy rated it it was ok
May 25, 2016
Steven Jacobus
Steven Jacobus rated it really liked it
May 18, 2016
  • Nursery Crimes (A Mommy-Track Mystery, #1)
  • Murder Can Singe Your Old Flame (Desiree Shapiro Mystery, #6)
  • Murder Among Friends (Kate Austen, #2)
  • A Dose of Murder (Pauline Sokol, #1)
  • Buried Diamonds (Claire Montrose, #4)
  • Stumble, Gorgeous
  • Hard Ground (Woods Cop, #8.5)
  • Dead Guy's Stuff (Jane Wheel, #2)
  • The Chelsea Girl Murders (Robin Hudson, #5)
  • A.K.A. Jane (Jane Nichols, #1)
  • Southwesterly Wind
  • Desert Shadows (A Lena Jones Mystery #3)
  • Everything Burns
  • Judas Island (Bay Tanner, #4)
  • The Innocent
  • When the Dancing Stopped: The Real Story of the Morro Castle Disaster and Its Deadly Wake
  • Death of a Domestic Diva (A Stain-busting Mystery, #1)
  • Death in Duplicate (Susan Henshaw, #16)
Patricia Smiley earned a BA in Sociology from the University of Washington in Seattle. She also holds an MBA with honors from Pepperdine University in Malibu, California. Her debut novel FALSE PROFITS about Los Angeles management consultant Tucker Sinclair received a starred review from Booklist and was a Book Sense recommendation. Her follow-up novel COVER YOUR ASSETS was a RomanticTimes Top Pick ...more
More about Patricia Smiley...

Tucker Sinclair (4 books)
  • False Profits (Tucker Sinclair, #1)
  • Short Change (Tucker Sinclair, #3)
  • Cool Cache (Tucker Sinclair, #4)