Start by marking “Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Crime (Pennsylvania Dutch Mystery, #2)” as Want to Read:
Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Crime (Pennsylvania Dutch Mystery, #2)

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Crime (Pennsylvania Dutch Mystery #2)

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  780 ratings  ·  37 reviews
Another delicious mystery from the author of Too Many Crooks Spoil the Broth. An Amish innkeeper would like nothing more than to forget the terrible murders that occured at her guesthouse. Yet it's impossible, as a film crew is bent on using the actual site of the crimes for a movie. But not whe's in a real stew, as the assistant director turns up dead--and she's the prime ...more
Published July 1st 1996 by Signet (first published September 1st 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Crime, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Crime

One for the Money by Janet EvanovichChocolate Chip Cookie Murder by Joanne FlukeAbby Cooper, Psychic Eye by Victoria LaurieThe No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency by Alexander McCall SmithMurder at the Vicarage by Agatha Christie
Best Cozy Mystery Series
260th out of 967 books — 1,100 voters
First Among Sequels by Jasper FfordeThe Eyre Affair by Jasper FfordeEats, Shoots & Leaves by Lynne TrussBratfest at Tiffany's by Lisi HarrisonMidnight In The Garden Of Evel Knievel by Giles Smith
Titlemania I: Puns in Titles
47th out of 258 books — 64 voters

More lists with this book...

Erin
Hilarious!! I'm tearing through this series. When reading them I laugh like I can't remember laughing from reading any other book. The only reason I'm not giving 5 stars is that the sister character is annoying to me. At first the small jokes peppered throughout were jolting me out of the story and I didn't like it but some were so funny I could not stop laughing! That keeps me returning to T. Myers. I will read every one I can get my hands on. Well worth the chuckles. The most hilarious sense o ...more
Diana
I love the sense of humor that Tamar Myers uses in these mysteries. They are a wonderful break from dark mysteries or heavy relationship stories.
A film crew comes to Hernia, PA to film a movie. Imagine the Hollywood types with the plain people at the Pennsylvania Dutch Inn. Many locals, including our heroine, Magdelina, end up as extras. Of course, there does have to be a murder and one of the directors is found pinned to the wall with a pitchfork....kind of yucky to imagine.
An example of th
Ellen

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Crime: A Pennsylvania Dutch Mystery with Recipes
by Tamar Myers
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

79 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A cozy with an Amish sense of humor, November 2, 2013

This review is from: Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Crime: A Pennsylvania Dutch Mystery with Recipes
Parsley, Sage, Rosemary, and Crime by
Tamar Myers

This book is for the serious but fun loving cozy reader. The author, Tamar Myers, has a sense of humor that adds to the storyline
Jenn
This is the second book i read in the Penn Dutch series and really don't care to read another. Magdalena Yoder is a mennonite innkeeper who rents out her inn to hollywood film makers to make extra money till there is a murder on the set. Martha Simms wanted to be an actress like her famous grandmother but was married to a minister and when she wanted a lead role she never got one. Susannah is Mag's sister who is a slut, there is an old doctor who flirts with Mags, Freni and Mose help around the ...more
Mare
When Magdelena Yoder rents out the inn to a movie crew filming a horror movie she ends up with much more than expected. The town has tampled her yard in the hopes of getting a bit part, she and her sister are acting in the movie, and there is a corpse in the barn. As almost everyone in turn becomes the prime suspect Magdelena's logic once again amazes.

The characters are always entertaining in this series, but the filming of a movie was just a little more than I could stretch my imagination to a
Marissa
The second book featuring Magdalena Yoder, the Mennonite-Amish pacifist proprietress of the PennDutch Inn, finds her accused of murder. A movie crew has come to town to make a movie about the two murders that occurred in the first novel, and one of the crew members is found dead in Magdalena's barn. After Magdalena and than her sister Susannah are accused of murder, Magdalena realizes it's up to her to clear their names. Many recipes accompany this novel, including Amish-style Thai food! The sly ...more
Pat
Good, funny.
Pam
Myers, Tamar -- Parsley, Sage, Rosemary & Crime 11/03/11 4/B
Mystery/1995/Doubleday/270 pgs
#2 in Pennsylvania Dutch series
1990's/Hernia, PA
Magdalena Yoder -- owner of B&B
1st Lines: I should have known there would be trouble when a man who introduced himself as Bugsy showed up one morning & offered to buy the PennDutch Inn.
Comments: Enjoy the sense of humor in this cozy series, good mystery and fun quirky set of characters. Like the recipes -- have already tried one & enjoyed it.
Sharyn
I still haven't read the 1st, though I have read several others and wanted to see how the story began. It was funny and Magdelena Yoder is a unique character. Also, each of the books talk about things that happened in previous books, so it filled in some of what I missed. I only reccommend this to readers who want to continue reading the series. The filmong of a movie on a Mennonite farm was a little less believable that some of the other books in the series.
Jaclyn Cannon
I don't know if it is my mood or what. Although there were funny/witty lines delivered by the characters, and the book talked alot about food, I was a bit disappointed. It felt like I was definitely in a different world, which I know is what the author was trying to convey. I didn't mind that, but the characters for me were a little unbelievable and zany (?) for lack of a better word. I felt it was a little too light-hearted and whimsical for me.
Taryn Chase
The 2nd in a series of soon-to-be 11 penn-dutch mysteries with recipes. It's my first foray into the genre so I thought I'd start with the humorous variety. Overall it was enjoyable in a small-town-thrill kind of way, but even with the added gimmick of recipes i'm not sure there was enough here to draw me back. (And how much amish vs. "English" humor can actually exist?)
Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews
The second in a series about a Amish B&B in Pennsylvania. This time Magdelena Yoder rents out her B&B to a film crew and the producer ends up "forked" to a beam in the barn. Once again Magdelena has to figure out the killer is and it wasn't anyone I suspected!

Plus there is a new love interest introduced and he has eyes for Magdelena.
Babs
Dec 08, 2009 Babs rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Humor and Mystery
Recommended to Babs by: Liz
Shelves: mysteries
This is the first book I have read by Tamar Myers and I was a bit skeptical about reading it. I for one and glad I did. The book has humor and mystery rolled into one. It also gave me a bit of an idea how amish and Mennonites get along and their background. Very interesting and I look for to the rest of her series.
Lynn Townsend
This was so bad, I didn't even finish it. I didn't even get TO the murder... mostly because I couldn't decide which one of the 15 million boring/obnoxious or unpleasant characters introduced that I wanted to SEE murdered.

So, I think I read about 30 pages and put it away.
Terri
Magdalena Yoder becomes an actress when she allows a film crew to make a movie on her property. When the assistant director is murdered with her pitchfork, she tries to figure out who killed him. I love Magdalena and her sense of humor and unique world view.
Nell
Nov 18, 2011 Nell rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2011
2 1/2 stars Liked the protagonist's and her descriptions of Mennonite culture. Interesting romance developing. Mystery itself was weak. I figured out the murderer early and her efforts to harm the protagonist seemed obvious except to her.
Shannon
I was disappointed by this book, especially after how much I loved the first book in the series. It just dragged from the start; I couldn't even finish it!
Very funny! The author must have a great sense of humor! And between all of the sarcasm and humor, there is a pretty good mystery. Good read!
Kim
Storyline is tired already and it's only book 2. Same Inn, more murder. Main character still abrasive and unlikeable.

Not reading the rest.
Liz
Either I read it years ago, or it is very similar to another book I read . . . It took me a long time to get through it.
Judie
It was probably a four star, or a 3.5. Took me a little while to get into it. I enjoyed the humor.
April
Once again, the main character was irritating in the beginning but got better.
Jane Lonschein
another fun mystery series from tamar myers one of my favorite writers.
Joyceling
I keep on reading hilarious bits aloud to share. Cuckoo murderer in this one!
Carrie
The amusing cast of characters is at it again as they solve the mystery.
April Ann
i am saying I read this...but didnt finish it. not my cup of tea
Jewett
Jul 15, 2013 Jewett rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2013
Her books are fun but the main character can be just a bit too much.
Candace Davidson
Also always, Tamar Myers books are a hoot and a half!
Joelle Anthony
Pretty good. Funny. I would give it 3.5 if I could.
  • A Catered Valentine's Day (A Mystery with Recipes, #4)
  • Something's Cooking (Angie Amalfi, #1)
  • Chocolate Dipped Death (A Candy Shop Mystery, #2)
  • Pasta Imperfect (Passport to Peril, #3)
  • The Blue Corn Murders (Eugenia Potter, #5)
  • Murder Uncorked (A Wine Lover's Mystery, #1)
  • Dead Men Don't Get the Munchies (A Cooking Class Mystery, #3)
  • Steamed (A Gourmet Girl Mystery, #1)
  • Tippy Toe Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #2)
  • Sympathy for the Devil (Madeline Bean, #1)
  • The Last Suppers (A Goldy Bear Culinary Mystery, #4)
  • The Christmas Cookie Killer (A Fresh-Baked Mystery, #3)
Tamar Myers was born and raised in the Belgian Congo (now just the Congo). Her parents were missionaries to a tribe which, at that time, were known as headhunters and used human skulls for drinking cups. Hers was the first white family ever to peacefully coexist with the tribe, and Tamar grew up fluent in the local trade language. Because of her pale blue eyes, Tamar’s nickname was Ugly Eyes.

Tamar
More about Tamar Myers...
Too Many Crooks Spoil the Broth (Pennsylvania Dutch Mystery, #1) The Witch Doctor's Wife (Amanda Brown #1) No Use Dying Over Spilled Milk (Pennsylvania Dutch Mystery, #3) The Crepes of Wrath (Pennsylvania Dutch Mystery, #9) Larceny and Old Lace (Den of Antiquity, #1)