Start by marking “The Curse of Deadman's Forest (Oracles of Delphi Keep, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Curse of Deadman's Forest (Oracles of Delphi Keep, #2)

The Curse of Deadman's Forest (Oracles of Delphi Keep #2)

The Curse of Deadman's Forest is the second book in the Oracles of Delphi Keep—a series with all the timeless charm of classics like the Chronicles of Narnia and all the action-packed adventure of a modern middle-grade blockbuster.

Since Ian Wigby and his sister, Theodosia, found the silver treasure box and the prophecy within it, their world has changed. There's no denyin
Published August 24th 2010 by Delacorte Books for Young Readers (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Curse of Deadman's Forest, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Curse of Deadman's Forest

Conan Tigard
Nov 13, 2015 Conan Tigard rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Curse of Deadman's Forest is another fun-filled, fast-paced, exciting adventure book with well-developed characters that is a real page-turned. Like the first book in the series, there are plenty of bad guys out to stop Ian and his friends from gathering all of the oracles. But the children are clever and although they have a lot of close calls, are usually able to out-smart the evil forces at work in the book.

Young Readers will instantly bond with the main characters. Ian, Theo, and Carl ar
Erin Pauley
Feb 23, 2015 Erin Pauley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is rare I give a five star rating but this book deserved it! I blazed through it much faster than the first book, the first one was good but this was one was better. It was much more fast paced and intense, the first one moved a little slower. I would definitely recommend this series!
Barb Middleton
Feb 13, 2012 Barb Middleton rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
I fast forwarded my reading through this sequel. Ian and Theo continue their adventures saving the world from the evil Demogorgon and his 4 offspring. The two have to find 7 children (in book one it was 6 children) to save the world from the rise of the Demogorgon. In this book, the prophecy predicts the two finding the third child by going through the portal and she will be a great Healer; however, it also predicts that Ian will be killed. The adults, along with Theo and Carl, agree that Ian is ...more
M.
Dec 15, 2012 M. rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book 2 of the Oracles of Delphi Keep series by Victoria Laurie. After I read it, I went back and reread Book 3 in the series, Quest for the Secret Keeper. A good fantasy/action series for (mostly) boys about 4th grade and up. It's set at the beginning of WWII so there's some historical aspects about the story as well, but it is not historical fiction. I definitely suggest reading the books in order starting with the first one, Oracles of Delphi Keep.

The plot--several children living in an orphan
Andrew Hardy
Jul 11, 2015 Andrew Hardy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just as good as the first

Another great read. This book was very exciting and entertaining. Now off to read book 3! I'm sure it will be just as good.
Martha
Aug 03, 2014 Martha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Again, needed better editing to make it more appealing to sophisticated readers, but the story and the characters are interesting enough to redeem it.
Takumay Diazsingco
another breath taking adventure of theo, carl, and ian... eva is the plus one... i was just thinking who will be the 4 to 7...
Al
Dec 02, 2014 Al rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
1st book of the series took a while to get into. This one popped into my mind immediately. Fantasy, true, but with basis in known history (somewhat similar to Steampunk fiction). Just ordered 3rd book.
elaynne
Read with the sprog
Alisa
Jul 31, 2016 Alisa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was a very good book.

Glenda
Dec 29, 2013 Glenda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
About two years ago, we listened to the first book in this series on audio on a long car trip. The kids and I fell in love with the story. Several of my kids have been urging me to read the next books in the series ever since. I am glad I finally did and wish I would have a long time ago. This is an excellent series, well-written, and captivating that keeps the attention of the reader. This is a series worth owning.
Robyn
Oct 25, 2013 Robyn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
MontanaLibrary2Go
Strange, I don't know how I neglected to add and review this book, I thought that I had done so. Since I've already written a review for the third book in the series, it's difficult to go back and remember specifically how I felt about this middle book. Especially now that I know the series will not be completed (lack of resolution changes how I feel about a series). So, no proper review here.
Desiree
Oct 26, 2014 Desiree rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wish this series had an ending. I really can't wait to read the third book. This book was much better than the first and the storyline has progressed to the point of no return for myself to wonder what happens next. Hopefully Ms. Laurie could find a way to finish her story so those that have followed her dream of these orphans can see the conclusion.
Jeanette
Nov 10, 2010 Jeanette rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this, but I kept feeling like I'd been dropped into the middle of a story. At the end I figured out this is the second book in the series. Makes sense now. I'd like to read the first one. It's a little Percy Jackson-ish.
Lisa
Jul 07, 2012 Lisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As with the 1st one, read this to my son. He loved it, and I didn't mind it! Not too predictable, good storyline without being scary. We can't wait till the library gets the next one in the series.
googoo
Jan 10, 2011 googoo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The second book in the Oracles Of Delphi Keep series. The Oracle Laodamia makes another prophesy. Ian, THeo and Carl journey on another adventure with betrayels, fight scenes, and magic.
Amy Whitney
May 14, 2012 Amy Whitney rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 10
I couldn't put the book down. I stayed up way too late last night, but couldn't finish it. I am now finished, but my list of chores is undone. This was a great book!
April
Oct 21, 2010 April rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
Second book in the Oracles of Delphi Keep series. The story flows well and continues exciting. Theo and Ian collect another of the oracles needed for saving the world.
Joslins
Like the first book in the series, could have told the story in fewer pages, there was a lot of adventure that didn't have much to do with the story line.
Shasta
Jun 06, 2010 Shasta rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Laurie had some terrific moments of edge of your seat suspense and this skill kept me captivated until the very end. I can't wait to continue this series.
Anna-Cosette
I love the idea of traveling through a portal, and this is a super sequel to the first book. I can hardly wait for the third book.
Deanna Wood
2nd entry in the series - a good continuation. Little educational bits, some action, drama... it was an enjoyable read.
Angie
A great sequel to the first and darker. I'll be reading more of their adventures.
Luca
Apr 09, 2016 Luca rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I liked that one. It was a good book. Very creative and the gun was rather.
Barbara
Mar 26, 2013 Barbara rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
First bookk was better written. Never finished story ...got bored with it.
Chris Scott
Nov 07, 2010 Chris Scott rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great sequel ..... looking forward the the next in this series....
Joanna
Mar 17, 2013 Joanna rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
been looking this part after i read the first one..i really love it
Carolynn
Oct 22, 2010 Carolynn marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Obtained from editor to review for curledup.com....
Brigett Scott
Jul 21, 2012 Brigett Scott rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it! Can't wait to read the next one.
Betsey
Oct 28, 2012 Betsey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Almost but not quite as excellent as book 1
  • Mostly Sunny with a Chance of Storms
  • The Brimstone Key (Grey Griffins: The Clockwork Chronicles, #1)
  • The Basilisk’s Lair (Nathaniel Fludd, Beastologist, #2)
  • The Coming of the Dragon
  • Sophie's Secret (Sophie, #2)
  • Knightley Academy (Knightley Academy, #1)
  • Shadows in the Twilight
  • The Story of Cirrus Flux
  • Fiendish Deeds (Joy of Spooking, #1)
  • Return to Sender
  • Jeff Corwin: a Wild Life: The Authorized Biography
  • The Mountain of Adventure and The Ship of Adventure: Two Great Adventures
  • Winter Door (The Gateway Trilogy, #2)
  • Return to the Hundred Acre Wood
  • A Nest for Celeste: A Story About Art, Inspiration, and the Meaning of Home
  • Nanny McPhee and the Big Bang
  • Dizzy
  • The Second Siege (The Tapestry, #2)
Victoria Laurie is the New York Times bestselling author of 30 books and counting. Victoria divides her time between her two adult mystery series, (The Psychic Eye Mysteries, and The Ghost Hunter Mysteries), and a Y/A thriller, When (Formerly titled Death Date), to be released in early January of 2015.

As a professional psychic, Victoria's protagonists - psychic Abigail Cooper, and spiritual medium
More about Victoria Laurie...

Oracles of Delphi Keep (3 books)
  • Oracles of Delphi Keep (Oracles of Delphi Keep, #1)
  • Quest for the Secret Keeper (Oracles of Delphi Keep, #3)