The Curse of Deadman's Forest (Oracles of Delphi Keep, #2)

The Curse of Deadman's Forest (Oracles of Delphi Keep #2)

4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·  rating details  ·  514 ratings  ·  25 reviews
The Curse of Deadman's Forest is the second book in the Oracles of Delphi Keep—a series with all the timeless charm of classics like the Chronicles of Narnia and all the action-packed adventure of a modern middle-grade blockbuster.

Since Ian Wigby and his sister, Theodosia, found the silver treasure box and the prophecy within it, their world has changed. There's no denyin...more
Published August 24th 2010 by Delacorte Books for Young Readers (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Curse of Deadman's Forest, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Curse of Deadman's Forest

Barb Middleton
I fast forwarded my reading through this sequel. Ian and Theo continue their adventures saving the world from the evil Demogorgon and his 4 offspring. The two have to find 7 children (in book one it was 6 children) to save the world from the rise of the Demogorgon. In this book, the prophecy predicts the two finding the third child by going through the portal and she will be a great Healer; however, it also predicts that Ian will be killed. The adults, along with Theo and Carl, agree that Ian is...more
M.
Book 2 of the Oracles of Delphi Keep series by Victoria Laurie. After I read it, I went back and reread Book 3 in the series, Quest for the Secret Keeper. A good fantasy/action series for (mostly) boys about 4th grade and up. It's set at the beginning of WWII so there's some historical aspects about the story as well, but it is not historical fiction. I definitely suggest reading the books in order starting with the first one, Oracles of Delphi Keep.

The plot--several children living in an orphan...more
Martha
Again, needed better editing to make it more appealing to sophisticated readers, but the story and the characters are interesting enough to redeem it.
Glenda
About two years ago, we listened to the first book in this series on audio on a long car trip. The kids and I fell in love with the story. Several of my kids have been urging me to read the next books in the series ever since. I am glad I finally did and wish I would have a long time ago. This is an excellent series, well-written, and captivating that keeps the attention of the reader. This is a series worth owning.
Robyn
MontanaLibrary2Go
Strange, I don't know how I neglected to add and review this book, I thought that I had done so. Since I've already written a review for the third book in the series, it's difficult to go back and remember specifically how I felt about this middle book. Especially now that I know the series will not be completed (lack of resolution changes how I feel about a series). So, no proper review here.
Jeanette
I really liked this, but I kept feeling like I'd been dropped into the middle of a story. At the end I figured out this is the second book in the series. Makes sense now. I'd like to read the first one. It's a little Percy Jackson-ish.
Lisa
As with the 1st one, read this to my son. He loved it, and I didn't mind it! Not too predictable, good storyline without being scary. We can't wait till the library gets the next one in the series.
googoo
The second book in the Oracles Of Delphi Keep series. The Oracle Laodamia makes another prophesy. Ian, THeo and Carl journey on another adventure with betrayels, fight scenes, and magic.
Amy Whitney
I couldn't put the book down. I stayed up way too late last night, but couldn't finish it. I am now finished, but my list of chores is undone. This was a great book!
April
Second book in the Oracles of Delphi Keep series. The story flows well and continues exciting. Theo and Ian collect another of the oracles needed for saving the world.
Joslins
Like the first book in the series, could have told the story in fewer pages, there was a lot of adventure that didn't have much to do with the story line.
Shasta
Laurie had some terrific moments of edge of your seat suspense and this skill kept me captivated until the very end. I can't wait to continue this series.
Anna-Cosette
I love the idea of traveling through a portal, and this is a super sequel to the first book. I can hardly wait for the third book.
Deanna Wood
2nd entry in the series - a good continuation. Little educational bits, some action, drama... it was an enjoyable read.
Angie
A great sequel to the first and darker. I'll be reading more of their adventures.
Barbara
First bookk was better written. Never finished story ...got bored with it.
Chris Scott
Great sequel ..... looking forward the the next in this series....
Joanna
been looking this part after i read the first one..i really love it
Carolynn
Oct 22, 2010 Carolynn marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Obtained from editor to review for curledup.com....
Brigett Scott
Loved it! Can't wait to read the next one.
Betsey
Shelves: 2013-new
E
SM
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
Josephine Watkins
Josephine Watkins is currently reading it
Sep 18, 2014
Michelle D
Michelle D marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2014
  • Mostly Sunny with a Chance of Storms
  • The Brimstone Key (Grey Griffins: The Clockwork Chronicles, #1)
  • The Basilisk’s Lair (Nathaniel Fludd, Beastologist, #2)
  • Knightley Academy (Knightley Academy, #1)
  • Sophie's Secret (Sophie, #2)
  • Fiendish Deeds (Joy of Spooking, #1)
  • The Story of Cirrus Flux
  • The Coming of the Dragon
  • Shadows in the Twilight
  • Return to the Hundred Acre Wood
  • Return to Sender
  • The Second Siege (The Tapestry, #2)
  • Dizzy
  • The Dragon in the Driveway (Dragon Keepers, #2)
  • The Eyes of a King (The Last Descendants, #1)
  • The Circus of Adventure (Adventure, #7)
  • Winter Door (The Gateway Trilogy, #2)
  • A Nest for Celeste: A Story About Art, Inspiration, and the Meaning of Home
Victoria Laurie is the New York Times bestselling author of 26 books and counting. Victoria divides her time between her two adult mystery series, (The Psychic Eye Mysteries, and The Ghost Hunter Mysteries), and a Y/A thriller, When (Formerly titled Death Date), to be released in early January of 2015.

As a professional psychic, Victoria's protagonists - psychic Abigail Cooper, and spiritual medium...more
More about Victoria Laurie...
Abby Cooper, Psychic Eye (Psychic Eye Mystery, #1) What's a Ghoul to Do? (Ghost Hunter Mystery, #1) Better Read Than Dead (Psychic Eye Mystery, #2) Demons are a Ghoul's Best Friend (Ghost Hunter Mystery, #2) A Vision of Murder (Psychic Eye Mystery, #3)